Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Just checked out the 350Z (drivenand update 10-8)

and OMFG i cannot wait to put a down payment on one!!

I actually went out to go check out the Harley dealer after seeing episode 3..but my dumbass had no idea where the hell i was going, so i ended up way north of lafayette in opelousas. Once i saw the Nissan sign, i had an urge to stop and drool

I don't want anything too fancy, just a base Track model (34,000USD) which comes with everything i want.

12.8" front brake discs clamped by the 4 piston Brembo calipers and 12.7" discs clamped by 2 piston calipers in the rear. 18" alloys with 225/45WR18 on the front and 245/40WR18 on the rear (these will be upgraded to Z rated tires promptly )

300HP/260ft-lbs 3.5L V6 coupled to the 6spd trans

and a simple 6 speaker cd player inside

Of course, when it comes time for me to order it, i'll have to get it in the LeMans Sunset color (Carbon Black cloth interior is the only one that comes with the Track model, but i don't mind as much because leather sucks in the dead of summer)

I'm counting down the days until i can do this since i am moving to a much cheaper place at the end of the month only after i take delivery and trade in the turd on wheels i have now, will i post what i currently drive in the "what you drive or ride" section

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
666fast
Regular User

Have you checked out what you'll be paying for insurance? I checked one out shortly after they came out, after a talk with the insurance company, I gave up on the idea! It was more than the freakin car payment.

LeMans Sunset = best color available

If you don't mind, why new? Used ones are going for considerably less, many are probably still under warranty.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Not for much less. There is a white Track model going for 29,900 at the Saturn dealer down the road, but it's got BBS wheels and about 32,000 on the odometer.

I figure for my first car payment, i might as well log all the miles on it from the get go I don't want to be the second person to abuse the living crap out of it

The way i'm thinking, as long as i get a car loan for more than what i pay for the car, i'll just use the left over cash to pay the insurance upfront :bah: that way i'll also be able to set aside some cash for the renewal. There's no reason the payment should be over 400/month. If so, i'll just go buy a CPO 330Ci Sport Package :bah:

Old 06-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

Not for much less. There is a white Track model going for 29,900 at the Saturn dealer down the road, but it's got BBS wheels and about 32,000 on the odometer.
$5k is a pretty big chunk! Think of the mods you could do with $5k?

There's no reason the payment should be over 400/month
If I remember correctly, I was quoted almost $500/month for the car payment. But that was a while ago, they might be less for whatever reason now.

Good luck, I hope you get it!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #5
blah
Regular User

Hey you were in Opeloahow ever the fuck you spell it. Did you see a riced out Red SRT4???? Hes famous on SRTForums.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

$5k is a pretty big chunk! Think of the mods you could do with $5k?
actually i think i'm going to leave it alone just to avoid warranty probs

If I remember correctly, I was quoted almost $500/month for the car payment. But that was a while ago, they might be less for whatever reason now.
i really don't like the sound of that. i may have do go 330 afterall but i'm not going to be worrying about that until it comes time to sign papers

Good luck, I hope you get it!
i've been hoping for this since 2002 thanks for the support though

Old 06-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Hey you were in Opeloahow ever the fuck you spell it. Did you see a riced out Red SRT4???? Hes famous on SRTForums.
by chance does it have silver racing stripes and a carbon fiber hood with a wing? cuz i saw one going the other way on I-49 as i was heading south back into lafayette

Old 06-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

From my own experince it can eat you alive if something unexpectable happens and 500 or even 400 a month is a isane price imo :shock: True I have absolutely NO idea what kind of salary you have and stuff, here in CR it will be a kiss of death to make such buy beeing a "normal" employe.
Dont get me wrong, I dont want to say not to do so or discorage from going for it, you will make the final desiginon yourself anyway, but I hope you have it all calculated and you'll have reserves big enough "just in case"

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:20 PM   #9
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
From my own experince it can eat you alive if something unexpectable happens and 500 or even 400 a month is a isane price imo :shock: True I have absolutely NO idea what kind of salary you have and stuff, here in CR it will be a kiss of death to make such buy beeing a "normal" employe.
Dont get me wrong, I dont want to say not to do so or discorage from going for it, you will make the final desiginon yourself anyway, but I hope you have it all calculated and you'll have reserves big enough "just in case"
of course i'm not going to be springing for this if i can't afford it. but considering a full check for me is about 850 (every 2 weeks) and my rent will only be 290/month, i am 95% sure i'll be able to do this by the new year :leaves fingers crossed: I'm actually way behind schedule on this

Old 06-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

290????? This place is 4 times that!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:29 PM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

my place now is 740 (already paid final month) but the place i'm moving into is 580, but i'm moving in with one of the Mercedes techs to a 2 bedroom apt. (1,050 sq. ft.)

Old 06-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #12
Sir_GT
Regular User

*kicks ZfrkS62*

Dammit, I wanted that car!!!

USD 34,000??? That's about £18,000!!! The very basic 350Z here is £24 grand... that's almost USD 50k.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
*kicks ZfrkS62*

Dammit, I wanted that car!!!

USD 34,000??? That's about £18,000!!! The very basic 350Z here is £24 grand... that's almost USD 50k.

::whacks Sir_GT with Z brochure::

damn...now i creased the brochure

that's the nice thing about not being taxed on HP

Old 06-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
sads
Regular User

The 350 is a sweet car. Of all the current Japanesse sports cars it would deffinetly be my choice (untill the new GTR comes out anyway)
Old 06-05-2005, 02:32 AM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

zfrk... not to pry... i make is that gross, or net takehome?

im @ 440/week gross myself... and saving up for my first sportscar (albiet, i still spend too much on entertainment) the Z seems a little out of my league price-wise ops: