Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-31-2004, 12:01 AM   #31
T-Bird
Regular User

or you can send it to Lingenfelter with the money you saved and rape the living shit out of GT3's
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:05 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
or you can send it to Lingenfelter with the money you saved and rape the living shit out of GT3's
Or like coloradosilver did, if you are mechanically able - do the work yourself and STILL have a car that rapes the GT3 everywhere...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:17 AM   #33
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Or like coloradosilver did, if you are mechanically able - do the work yourself and STILL have a car that rapes the GT3 everywhere...
Yeah I could do that but then at the end of the day it's still a standard Corvette even if it is faster than a Z06 or whatever if it says Z06 or Lingenfelter it's a whole different level of car. you know what I mean.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:35 AM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Yeah I could do that but then at the end of the day it's still a standard Corvette even if it is faster than a Z06 or whatever if it says Z06 or Lingenfelter it's a whole different level of car. you know what I mean.
LOL - THAT is exactly the argument the Porsche guys use...

The "snobby" appeal... I may give colorado a hard time about it being the "hairdressers" version... but his version was an awesome version there of..
Old 07-31-2004, 12:46 AM   #35
T-Bird
Regular User

I'm not saying Colorado's car wasn't a great car but If I had a Corvette and the cash to blow on it all at once it would be in Indiana in a heart beat.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:04 AM   #36
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Its just a preference issue...I disagree, I would much rather have any Porsche than something with questional build quality...I would say any German Car but ..my dad bought an Audi a few years ago and it over-heated on the way home..haha so he took it right back to the dealership and his BMW 745LI has had too many problemst to count...

I just Prefer Porsche because of the way they build cars..which I guess is obvious by now..
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:25 AM   #37
mindgam3
Regular User

Either way, i'd take the prosche every single time. The day when i even think of buying a corvette will be the day i loose all sense with reality
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:32 AM   #38
heath
Regular User

So the yanks finally built a car that goes fast around a track eh? Given its questionable build quality and well....primative gearbox and engine I say good on ya America, good on ya. Lets see what the "cheap" corvette is worth in a few years as a percentage of its original purchase price as compared to say I dunno a GT3. I reckon you'll see more of your $$$ when it comes to sale time with the Porsche than the yank tank. All said and done tho, vettes are friggin sexy cars, but no car is even close to a 911 with tail gear

But when it comes to the choice between gt3 and vette, out of pure practicallity on a day to day basis I'd take the vette. Its gonna have suspension like a big cusion not steel rods and its gonna have aircon, power everything, sunroof, stereo, leather,etc,etc. And really...who the hell takes their car on a track everyday to get to work???? I don't atleast....I'm a porsche man at heart, but my head says take the vette.

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #39
DanielW
Regular User

Originally Posted by heath
primative gearbox and engine
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:33 AM   #40
graywolf624
Regular User

primative gearbox and engine I say good on ya America, good on ya
Dude do some research.. Theres nothing pimative about the ls2 engine. Your saying.. oh its pushrod right about now. Did you realize that pushrod is actually a newer technology then overhead cam? Oh so now your saying hp/liter.. but who was the last person that said.. hey.. my hps a head of yours by internal volume so I win the race?
So now we go to hp/weight of the engine.. hey look.. the ls2 engine is like 470 (very conservative estimate, I know its sub 500 but I dont have numbers in front of me) some lbs.. 400hp/470 lbs.. thats damn impressive.. much better then most cars.. certainly better then cars like the gt40 550 or so hp depending on source /700 something..
So how about we look at the transmission. Often considered one of the most bullet proof transmissions available. Very smooth shifting..
Build quality doesnt go to the 911 either.. The corvettes are just as reliable..
The only thing in the 911 corner is refinement and the name(interior acutriments and body pannel fit... for example). But the huge price difference basically evens that out.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:46 AM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by heath
So the yanks finally built a car that goes fast around a track eh? Given its questionable build quality and well....primative gearbox and engine I say good on ya America, good on ya. Lets see what the "cheap" corvette is worth in a few years as a percentage of its original purchase price as compared to say I dunno a GT3. I reckon you'll see more of your $$$ when it comes to sale time with the Porsche than the yank tank. All said and done tho, vettes are friggin sexy cars, but no car is even close to a 911 with tail gear

But when it comes to the choice between gt3 and vette, out of pure practicallity on a day to day basis I'd take the vette. Its gonna have suspension like a big cusion not steel rods and its gonna have aircon, power everything, sunroof, stereo, leather,etc,etc. And really...who the hell takes their car on a track everyday to get to work???? I don't atleast....I'm a porsche man at heart, but my head says take the vette.
- your point? These facts have been known and true for years now.. including the fact that year for year there has always been a Corvette model, that out of the box kicked Porsches nads from here to kingdom come..
Old 07-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #42
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Dude do some research.. Theres nothing pimative about the ls2 engine. Your saying.. oh its pushrod right about now. Did you realize that pushrod is actually a newer technology then overhead cam? Oh so now your saying hp/liter.. but who was the last person that said.. hey.. my hps a head of yours by internal volume so I win the race?
So now we go to hp/weight of the engine.. hey look.. the ls2 engine is like 470 (very conservative estimate, I know its sub 500 but I dont have numbers in front of me) some lbs.. 400hp/470 lbs.. thats damn impressive.. much better then most cars.. certainly better then cars like the gt40 550 or so hp depending on source /700 something..
So how about we look at the transmission. Often considered one of the most bullet proof transmissions available. Very smooth shifting..
Build quality doesnt go to the 911 either.. The corvettes are just as reliable..
The only thing in the 911 corner is refinement and the name(interior acutriments and body pannel fit... for example). But the huge price difference basically evens that out.
Even so, its still a corvette
Old 07-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #43
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by graywolf624
Thank you! I agree...
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:27 PM   #44
DanielW
Regular User

That's exactly what ferrari owners say about Porsches after they get beat.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:31 PM   #45
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by DanielW

That's exactly what ferrari owners say about Porsches after they get beat.
Im in no way saying its a bad car. And if i had the choice of having a ferrari or a porsche, id take the ferrari every time, even though i know that the porsche will almost definately be faster. But thats not really the same arguement, ferrari and porsche are two marques i admire. I could never bring myself to by a corvette, however fast it may be....

As i said in the top gear forum, I think they should run it into a wall like they did with those older cars rather than take it round a track