Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-18-2004, 09:38 PM   #31
SilviaEvo
Regular User

damn you are one lucky guy Dan
Old 07-19-2004, 04:16 AM   #32
bobafett
Regular User

nthfinity: i hope even sooner than that!

I have some very bad news...someone hit my 550 today. old man. i will post pictures later, but i am a little annoyed. worry not, i tied it down with a big shoelace (the hood), and then drove straight to the American le Mans series races i was supposed to attend. about 150 people crowded around the car...now with red race tape and a ratchet strap, thanks to ferrari mechanics, race teams, etc. i am now driving with a busted hood, messed up front and a destroyed front bumper. the CS couldn't be here soon enough!

let's see what happens tomorrow. my 550 is getting beat up...this sucks...old people NEED to have their licenses re-examing every year!

--Dan
Old 07-19-2004, 04:53 AM   #33
Jabba
Regular User

Sorry to hear that bobafett...I hope / am sure that it can be repaired for you as good as new....when something like that has happened to me in the past I always get the car into the repair shop ASAP....it can get very depressing to keep looking at a damaged car...especially something as pretty as a Ferrari.

I hope the 360CS / F40 works out for you as your just in time for our new "featured car" section on the front page....should you wish your cars to be featured we will be looking for as much background information as possible : pictures, videos, kill stories etc....also great to have some pre ownership dealer pics such as the ones that you posted with the camera phone.

Best of luck

Jabba
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:54 AM   #34
yg60m
Regular User

Sorry to hear that Dan Really annoying and the cost to fix that should be enormous and i suppose that insurance doesn't take it to its count
Old 07-19-2004, 07:56 AM   #35
Chingachgook
Regular User

Sorry for the problem with your 550 mate.SAD SAD SAD
I hope insurance will pay.

For you CS, COMPLIMENTS. I'm wrong or it's titanium grey?
I hope we'll see it soon in featured car section..
This forum is growing day after day! IOften I don't have time to check the whole forums...mmmhhh GREAT JW!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #36
mindgam3
Regular User

Yeah real nice choice boba, especially the colour which seems very rare for a CS. I shouldnt think the F! 'box will give you any problems, its the best in any production car at the moment. The only problem people have with it in the original 360 is the jerkeyness of the shifts. This has just about dissapered in the CS apparently so im sure you'll like it... Especially great for track days as your hands are never off the wheel
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #37
stradale
Regular User

Whoa! A lot has happened here in the past days. Sorry to hear about the old tosser hitting your 550. Damn shame...

Great news on the 360 CS, Dan. I hope you'll strike a deal today and judging by your posts I think there's a pretty big chance you will. Great colour for the CS BTW and, like you, I don't like the stripe as well. I'm looking forward to pics and videos very much!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #38
davide
Regular User

that engine ROARS!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:35 AM   #39
jon_s
Regular User

Fuck, it was not long ago we were looking at pics of the damaged rear 1/4!! Have the pics gone up yet??

I bet the old man nearly died when he realised what he hit!! Also, you 'top' up' driving test is not a bad idea

I really do hope it all gets sorted soon!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #40
ARMAN
Regular User

It 23 years having 550 and buying 360CS :shock: Congratulations ofcourse, and I think it have nothing to do with luck (only if you won em or thats grand/parents's money)

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #41
bobafett
Regular User

Without saying much, I have to make sure that the insurance is well taken care of. I do not want this record to be incorrectly recorded as to the events that took place, somehow shifting blame to me (young / ferrari vs old/taurus). We shall find out.

I'll take pictures of the damage today. You can see the red race tape + straps on the car.

As for the CS: I just got a call that the PPI time will be arranged later today (not sure if that means they'll do it today, or arrange for it today?) - and I should know more by day-end.

In the meanwhile, I have a soundclip my friend took of his titanium/red CS in a tunnel. TT: if you want, I will email it to you (only 400k) and you can put it where you think it's most appropriate.

--Dan

PS: I talked to my friend with the whole camera rig, etc. - he said everything is ready to go as soon as we get the cars. We are thinking of maybe asking some friends with McLaren, Enzo, etc. if they want to join... but it'll be a few months out, it seems. We'll see.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #42
bobafett
Regular User

Arman: thanks. If you find a set of parents willing to give you two ferraris, tell them that I am up for adoption and would love to join them!

--Dan
Old 07-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #43
TT
Regular User

Sorry Dan, take your tiket and wait your turn

BTW, any news on this deal?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:50 PM   #44
IgotWRXed
Regular User

damn that car is GORGEOUS! :shock: :shock:

congrats bro.

IgotWRXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:04 PM   #45
sameerrao
Regular User

Dan, I saw the damage pics on Ferrari chat. That sucks man - I am sorry for you. Hopefully there were no serious damage to the engine, radiator, etc.. That's where the big bucks would be right?

I think the old man who hit you must have had an instant coronary - "Oh shit ... I hit a Ferrari."

Man if I ever hit something and its my fault it better a Yugo. Certainly not an Enzo or I'll be working the rest of my life to pay the bill

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote