Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Haha...Miata's handle reat, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. A Miata outhandles Mustangs all day, just look at how well they score at AutoX tournaments.
If the Miata's only claim to fame is it outhandles a Mustang - LOL then it definately has a problem...

Except for a few busses, DAF and Fiat arctics, and the H2, most everything else outhandles the Mustang...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #77
LotusGT1
Regular User

LOL...I was only referring to the Mustang because many peope believe it to be a great sportscar.

Oh, and I drove the new Mini, it's one of the best handling cars in its class...
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #78
kteo2003
Regular User

the new mini maybe the best handling car i its class but it also the far most expensive...
for example the cooper works s has 33000....i can buy a z4,CIVIC TYPE-R,ford focus rs and lot of other cars.....
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #79
LotusGT1
Regular User

So ? Overrated /= Overpriced...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #80
kteo2003
Regular User

why not?i mean if i had to choose a car i would defenetely look the price...so this mini may be good but it "plays"in a category with other cars that can do the same or even better things than the mini...am i wrong?
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #81
LotusGT1
Regular User

Yes. The Mini is expensive, no doubt about it. But it's not pretending to do things it can't. It's a very capable car, looks good, is built well, etc. It's no bargain, but it's unique in its own way. Name me one car that combines sweet design with excellent handling. It might be overpriced to your standards, but that doesn't make it overrated.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:21 PM   #82
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Yes. The Mini is expensive, no doubt about it. But it's not pretending to do things it can't. It's a very capable car, looks good, is built well, etc. It's no bargain, but it's unique in its own way. Name me one car that combines sweet design with excellent handling. It might be overpriced to your standards, but that doesn't make it overrated.
You sir hit the nail on the head...

The misconception here is that the New Beetle and the New Mini were to be to the new generation what they were to the old generation... which was to be the cheapest most affirdable transportation on the road..

That is NOT why those 2 models were revived - they were revived to sell to Baby Boomers who GREW up wanting the Mini and Beetle - and would easily drop 30 Large on the either car - for themselves or their kids.

So - based on the intended market - both are NOT over priced IMHO.

Now if only they had as many Turbo Beetles as Cooper S's around town here...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:35 PM   #83
LotusGT1
Regular User

Although I don't think its overrated, I detest the New Beetle. Less room, noisier ride and slightly worse handling in comparison to the already expensive Golf for a few thousand more...and those cheesy looks...
Old 03-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #84
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Maybachs...horrible cars. I saw one at an autoshow... it really does look like a bloated S-Class inside and out. It has amazing tech, but sooooooooo overrated and ...overpriced...i'd rather get a lambo with that likd of money