Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
gobs3z
Regular User

Default I too crashed my bike today(update with injury pics)

I was riding on Lake Shore Drive home from work (it's pretty much an 8 lane highway with a 45mph speed limit) and i was in the far right lane when a red suv decided that he wanted the same spot i was in and the only other option was the guard rail. The guard rail won and so did the asphalt. I flipped at least 4 times banging my helment against the ground each time (i LOVE helments) and slid quite a few feet getting road rash on my right forearm and right shin. I probably hit the ground at 35mph so i was able to get some braking in before i hit. 2 firetrucks and an ambulance showed up and the bike didn't start back up so it got towed and i went to the hospital. A few bandages later and i'm back home, and i've learned that Lake Shore Drive is a death trap for bikers. It's a 01 Katana (can of tuna) so the frame actually looked like it was in good shape, thats when a steel frame comes in handy you Katana haters .

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote