Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 09-24-2004, 04:45 AM   #1
st-anger
Regular User

Default Sport Auto - "Best of Test" all NS lap times

:arrow: link
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
FPVPSI
Regular User

i wish i knew how to read German...But it makes up for it on the last page with all the times... ...Wow, that Zonda's sooo fast... :shock:
Old 09-24-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Chingachgook
Regular User

Thanks a lot mate
Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
lakatu
Regular User

What a great scan . Thanks oh so much st-anger. Like everyone else right now I am wondering why I didn’t take German in high school instead of French. Not that I learned French in high school :roll: . If I would have known about SA the choice would have been clearer.

No offense intended to Yann and my other French speaking friends . I think you all know what I mean. Thank goodness we all use the same numerical notation and I can understand the best part of the article which of course is the historical lap times. SA should place an updated historical listing of lap times since they started doing the supertest with HvS on their website. If they did I might have to set that as my home page .
Old 09-24-2004, 12:40 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Don't worry mate, i understand
Old 09-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
What a great scan . Thanks oh so much st-anger. Like everyone else right now I am wondering why I didn’t take German in high school instead of French. Not that I learned French in high school :roll: . If I would have known about SA the choice would have been clearer.

No offense intended to Yann and my other French speaking friends . I think you all know what I mean. Thank goodness we all use the same numerical notation and I can understand the best part of the article which of course is the historical lap times. SA should place an updated historical listing of lap times since they started doing the supertest with HvS on their website. If they did I might have to set that as my home page .

Yeah I think this is the scan we have all been waiting for. Anyone speak german?

p.s. I believe that www.track-challenge.com has some of the data you are talking about
jamberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #7
1zippo1
Regular User

Damn, this is one very cool article for a car freak like me

One that keeps amazing me however: 7:50 for the M3 CSL. Yes it's a track car, but it's based on a fucking sedan... Incredible, just compare it to some others close to it:
7:56 360CS
7:52 Gallardo
7:50 Murciélago
7:46 911 GT2

Fucking awesome piece of BMW engineering IMO!!

PS: If anybody here has any connections with BMW, let them know that I would gladly except to recieve a CSL for all my promotional talk about it in my last post 8)
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:17 AM   #8
flimboyz
Regular User

thanks
Old 09-26-2004, 06:02 PM   #9
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
One that keeps amazing me however: 7:50 for the M3 CSL. Yes it's a track car, but it's based on a fucking sedan...
The M3 isn't a sedan. It's a coupe, but that is pretty damn incredible considering that it still is fairly heavy and doesn't have a whole load of power.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #10
bmagni
Regular User

thnx !!!
so mr. st anger maybe uve answered this question before, im really amazed bout the csl beating the 360 cs... so in what depends makin a good lap ?? i know the most common are setup, tires and weather.... but have this all laps made by the same type of driver, i mean really pros ??
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
skituner
Regular User

thanks st-anger
the Carrera GT owned that track
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:33 AM   #12
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
thnx !!!
so mr. st anger maybe uve answered this question before, im really amazed bout the csl beating the 360 cs... so in what depends makin a good lap ?? i know the most common are setup, tires and weather.... but have this all laps made by the same type of driver, i mean really pros ??
...good question - we´ll soon have a own Nordschleife topic in Porsche central, NOT only Porsche related of course, ppl can just ask anything about NS, and maybe u could post your question about that in there then...
to quickly answer your second question, we already discussed that several times, ALL the supertests are done by Horst v. Saurma (HvS) chief editor of Sport Auto, very good friend of Walter Röhrl, racecar driver, ... so he´s absolutely the man for the supertest, becasue keep in mind that it´s kinda difficult and requires lot´s of skill to quickly get used to all that different cars and clock a fast lap in them on the most challenging and difficult course...
to flesh out all this i scanned another test from the mag, HvS had been a guest driver of GTP Pirelli Masters in a 360 Modena N-GT, btw he formerly raced Ferrari Challenge series, and he came in second only beater by a 600hp 993GT2, but remember all the drivers are pros and he´d been the only guest driver...
u know, ppl who know something about track driving will tell u that HvS is one of the TOP drivers, regardeless if it´s NS, HHR, or any other track, he´s an automotive multitalent with some amazing skills...

:arrow: scan
^^^ lol, look at the pic of HvS, racing a Ferrari in a Porsche race suit
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote