Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-30-2005, 01:54 PM   #16
jaime_25

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Sorry but I dont get this mobile phone BS. As long as it has a phone book, is of a reasonable weight and size thats all I need............... :roll: Is it just me? I find it silly when people freak over a phone, and buy a new one every month.......
I am with you 110% - in fact I hate the mobile phone.

My needs are even simpler - cheapest phone with the cheapest service.

Simple.

I hate all these fucking stupid ring tones. Put the damn thing on vibrate and put it in your pocket.

The entire friggen room does not need to know you have an incoming call.
yep yep, Im so cheap that I use a prepaid service, I buy a card with minutes on it for when I need to use the phone.....otherwise it just sits there..........if I need to communicate with friends or work its either by MSN or my regular phone...

Well I guess I'm part of this club, same here, a phone is basically made to phone and that's it, all I want is for it to be compact and simple. If it gets stolen or if I break it, then I'll buy the same, instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money to have the latest :roll:
your not alone.. I have a 5 year old phone and :-o I would buy something new just because of its age but all the new ones with shit quality cameras etc are worthless to me, I just want a phone that works with an address book.. nothing more and nothing less
Old 04-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #17
DeMoN
Regular User

I also want a phone that works and has an address book. I could care less of all other options as crappy camera phones... but I just MUST have one that looks cool LOL.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #18
ikon2003
Regular User

Nice vid and pics! Cell phones are getting more and more fancy these days. Before long, there'll be everything in your phone. There's a MP3 player (4 GB?) phone in development which is supposed to rival the iPod.

On a personal note, the US cell phone system is soo messed up. Such a convoluted mess of telecom bureacracy. Hopefully it will be deregulated and have more market competition before long, much like the rest of the world.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #19
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

i got a oldskool 7110 soo its time to upgrade.

The 8800 arrives here on the 6th of June soo I should have one by mid june
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #20
ae86_16v
Regular User

Oh yeah, I've been waiting for this for a long long time. I've always like the 8890, if you guys remember which one that was.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #21
DeMoN
Regular User

This is the 8890, and like you, I've been waiting for a new version of it for ages. I still have my 8890, all fuxed up... dropped it too much so its full of dents and scratches. I bought same phone 2 times (used same phone for like 3 or 4 years) as I much like the sliding thingie to answer phone than flip phones. Also compared to flip phones, it might be a bit taller, but much less thick... which means you can hold it much better. 8800 defenitelly my next phone.

I like Nokias menu's, but I must admit that Samsung phones are better.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:56 AM   #22
ae86_16v
Regular User

Yup, that's the one. I had two of them too. Great phone. I used to swap out phones every six months. But that was definitely one of my favorites. So good that I brought twice.

But the record still goes to the Motorola V60. I had 5 of them, from 3 carriers. For a good stretch over 4 or 5 year period, I went back and forth from the V60. It was like an old girlfriend that I break up with and keep on going back to.

I think still, the V60 was my favorite phone of all time. The 8890 is a close second. And rounding it out, the StarTAC in at number 3.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #23
DeMoN
Regular User

startach i remember that... it was my first phone, i never tried the v60 but i did get to play around with one... i didnt like the menus on it so I stuck with the 8890 and still use it =D
Old 05-03-2005, 04:18 PM   #24
sndr
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I also want a phone that works and has an address book. I could care less of all other options as crappy camera phones... but I just MUST have one that looks cool LOL.
I couldn't agree more i also had the 8850 (same shape as the 8890) but now i've got a Motorola V70
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_v70-333.php
It's gettin a bit old so i think the 8800 is a proper replacement for it. Damn i like toy's
Old 05-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #25
TT
Regular User

YAY, modern phones sucks! WTF, it is a telephone.. SMS are already too much! let alone those crappy photo or even video cameras!

can't remember how old is my Ericsson T39, but old enough not to have polyphonic shit, colors, and so on
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #26
coloradosilver
Regular User

$700 USD? Holy shit! I'll just wait a while for the price to come down. I really do like the Stainless Steel look, but for that price I could just a s well but a new 36 inch HiDef TV for my house. Sorry Nokia, with a price like that, it's way out of 99% of your customers budget to spend on a fuckin cell phone.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #27
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
$700 USD? Holy shit! I'll just wait a while for the price to come down. I really do like the Stainless Steel look, but for that price I could just a s well but a new 36 inch HiDef TV for my house. Sorry Nokia, with a price like that, it's way out of 99% of your customers budget to spend on a fuckin cell phone.
Ill wait for it to go down, but I must have it lol

Where did you see that prize? its not available yet supposedly.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #28
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Ill wait for it to go down, but I must have it lol

Where did you see that prize? its not available yet supposedly.
Get the Moto RAZR , looks cooler , costs less , and have less functions , but who cares

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #29
DeMoN
Regular User

I like that Razr too, I was about to get it till I saw the 8800. The nokia one is smaller thats what I like... and also, I like the sliding thing instead of flipping open.

Ill just have to see it in metal and compare side by side with the RAZR before I choose one as I too agree with the "who cares" about options. Both have address book, both make calls.. its just a looks factor now...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #30
PATo355
Regular User

I like that Razr too, I was about to get it till I saw the 8800. The nokia one is smaller thats what I like... and also, I like the sliding thing instead of flipping open.

Ill just have to see it in metal and compare side by side with the RAZR before I choose one as I too agree with the "who cares" about options. Both have address book, both make calls.. its just a looks factor now...
I have a samsung E715 which looks exactly the same as the E720 , the plastics are shit , the phone is amazing but the quality is not good , thats why i want a metallic one , i had 2 8890s too , like 3 years ago . I hope i can sell the e715 this week so i can get the RAZR by the end of the week ... good bday present from me to me

BTW just for the record

http://www.deremate.cl/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=8409899

My auction

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote