Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Thunderstorms are the shit and they make girls horny... we've had them on and off all summer here.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
They said there "might be rain and thunder" here during the next few days, but there really wasn't. It's still mad hot and I just don't want to go out.

I'd rather stay in and enjoy my new (up to) 12 Mbps broadband.
England's got 24Mbps, while the Philippines has got 2.

Man. I still shake my head everytime I think about it.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: Thunderstorms and lightning

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
It's been long very warm season here and now few days the following thunders have been raging. Today a lightning offered some extra action at work, when it set off the fire alarm for 15 minutes. It also exploded the electrical access surveillance and door system. Interesting fact was that while the system in our building was damaged, lightning also blew up the cover from one e-card reader machine over 100 meters away from the building. It can be very harmfull when it strikes to some network, but miraculously the production test systems and other systems were not damaged.

I'm already waiting for next thunderstorm, I just hope that I can be outdoors spotting the lightnings.

In general the thunderstorms and strong winds have become more common in here, since there seems to be longer warm periods during the summer. Soon we'll have hurricanes and floods.
Do you crazy Finns ever go Sauna in the lighting storms? That could be a new Xtreme Sport...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
paradizzy
Regular User

Yes it is f..king hot summer. All my apartment windows are directly to sun. When the sun rises it shines in my room at noon it is in living room and kitchen and afternoon in living-room. So its 30+ 24h every single window is open and no wind at all.
Sunday I went to beach and fell in sleep while I was reading a book and I got little sunstroke. Monday I had terrible head and stomach ache and I was throwing up few times. So don't go to sleep in beach on a sunny day
paradizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: Thunderstorms and lightning

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by RC45

Do you crazy Finns ever go Sauna in the lighting storms? That could be a new Xtreme Sport...
Hmm... I don't see the extreme of that scenario? Electric sauna during thuderstorm might be a bit risky, but no more than using any electrical device. Ordinary saunas with fireplace, they're just more cozy when it's dark and miserable outside. Maybe I understood your suggerstion wrong?
Actually, if I should pick one person in JW to come with me to savusauna (=smoke sauna) that my father built, I would pick you. No gayish thoughts, I would just like you to experience it. It's really traditional and very ascetic
Ah sounds great - this would be in winter right? SO we can run outside naked and then dive into near zero temp water...

And the scenario I was thinking of was the sauna in an open snow field with you sitting all sweaty and wet and waiting for a bolt of lightning to hit the roof hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote