Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 01-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #121
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by allanlambo
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by ice
And as I said before, although the ring contributes to a great car, it is far from neccesary when talking about road cars.
Actually is is nescessary - especially when talking about road cars..

Originally Posted by ice
It is undebatable how good the F430 is, not a single negative comment anywhere about the way it drives,
Simply because it is "in vogue" to worship Ferrari without question.. - the F430 is slow, overweight and over priced - for the performance... -- but correctly priced for prestige and poser value

Originally Posted by ice
yet it doesnt excel on the ring itself. That HARDLY factors in at all because its strengths lie in different places. To be fast on the ring, you need to compromise on certain aspects of the car, because the ring has many different and varying sections. By default, the porsches strike a balance that is great for the RING, but not neccesarily all tracks, or all roads. This logic pertains to all tracks, especially Firorano. But that is also the reason why no manufactuer tests only in one area. You really think the majority of Porsche development is on the Ring, and not REAL "REAL WORLD" roads? Youd be a fool to think so. And 90%? Whered you get that figure?
There is no other track that encompasses as many general public road surface types, as the Nurburgring - this is not debateable

The final analysis of the development effort that goes into a road going Porsche, I am sure is measured in a large part how well the road car does there -- and the autobahn, and even the South Loop - but instead of guessing, lets ask St Anger...

I will be very surprised to find out that the Nurburgring track does not play a dominant part in the handling development of any road going Porsche - because if it doesn't, then the fcat the car does well there is just more testament to how well Porsche engneers are

Originally Posted by ice
Logic is an interesting thing. You cannot assume that because a car is fast on the ring that it is a useful, all encompassing performer everywhere else, and the CGT exemplifies this completely. The Enzo is regularly referred to, along with the F430, as the most accesible supercars made.
You really believe the Enzo is a more "everyday" car than the CGT? And puhlease - Ferrari may be good, but how can you even place the F430 and the Enzo in the same category? The F430 is far from a supercar

Originally Posted by ice
The point I want to make is about as intuitive as a point can get. The ring is not exlusive in its conditions becuase so many other great cars, which are just as fast on real roads, were made without any use of it.
And this shows when you take those so-caled great cars and thrash them through the country side - you may or may not end up in a ditch..

Oh -and if the Nurburgring was not used to tune and develop what-ever car you cra to name that is a great all-round handling car, some place else that was as varied and diverse as the Ring is used.

One thing is for sure, you cannot get a great handing car without track and road time to do the R&D - test and tune exists for a reason

This fact is borne out by how the F430 turned out to be much slower than most had hoped - it seems that the F430 failed to shine on a public road-style track. And don't for a second think that when car magazines etc take a car out for "road tests" they are pushing anywhere near as hard as they can and do at a track - because they don't. So many times what was thught to be a "superb handling car" on the street, turned otu to be a pig near the limits.

Originally Posted by ice
Hell, look at the 550 Marenllo, a car which is amazing in real world conditions and has been recognized as a benchmark for nearly a decade.
It is a GT - Grand Touring benchmark - it is far to heavy to be the true handling car people believe it to be - this is why Pro Drive rebuilt the car from the ground up to turn it into a GT racer... the street 550 falls quite a ways short of it's street competiors

The F430 is a great car, but not the "pinnacle" car people hoped it would be

Rc45, yet again talking out your ass.

This will be the first time you will catch me praising a Ferrari in a long time. Having recently returned from vacation, and having spent some time not only in a 430, but a 430 F1, and a 6 speed, not to mention my test drive of the Bugatti Veyron. Anyways, calling the Ferrari slow is ludicrous. But first the drive of the Ferrari, I will stick with the F1, as the 6 speed was dissapointing, while the F1 is superb. The transmission is flawless, much better than the early Gallardo Egear ( this has changed with the new 06 Gallardos though, I drove that too). The shifts are lightning fast, the ergonomics of the car are great, although i prefer the levels of support you have in the Gallardo. The noise from the 430 is also glorious. To give you some real world insite as to the speed of the 430, it is faster straightline than an early Gallardo. I was also able to race my modified Lotus Esprit, which just barely nudges my friends Gallardo in a straightline race, against my buddies bone stock 430 F1. In an identical race where my Esprit beats an 04 Z06 by 3 car lengths, a Gallardo by 1/4 car ( his front bumper is at my door) and a Viper SRT10 by 1 car length, from 30mph to 130mph, the Ferrari 430 beat me by atleast 5 car lengths. Inmo, from a roll, the 430 will run closely with a new C6 Z06, I think the C6 will still edge it out, but barely. Real world dyno results of the 430. Bone stock dynoed 435rwhp. Also as a measure, I raced the same 430 in my bone stock Murcielago from 50-130 mph, and the Murcielago beats it by approx 1- 1 1/2 car lengths. As speeds increase, no doubt the Murcielago would pull harder, but starting at 50mph, the Murci is really loafing along in 2nd gear.

Now the Gallardo SE, really is all together a totally different animal than the early Gallardo. When I first drove a Gallardo Egear, I walked away knowing I definitely wanted a 6 speed. The new Egear, is fantastic, shifts as good as, or better than the 430. One thing I do like better on the 430, is that you do not hear the pump actuators on the F1 as you do on the Egear. In outright speed, I dont know if the SE is faster than the 430, but it is atleast its equal. With the Se, given the choice between the 430 and SE, I would choose the SE. Unfortunately for me, I wont be getting either as I have an 06 Pearl White Gallardo Spyder on order.

Now RC45, please give your review of the Buggatti Veyron, so I can compare that with my actually driving it.
Is this all you fragile ego is good for?

Name dropping and bragging?

You sadly live for "online justification" - please fukc off back to where you came from.

I don't recall you being part of the previous conversation - if I need you head to rest my beer on while you blow me I'll give you a call.
All you can do, is talk ou tof your ass, and post your gay thoughts. Hows your Z06? whats that, like an 18k car now? Ill trade you 1/2 my watch for it?
But thats the beauty of RC's car. You can get the performance of your $200,000 ferrari for a tenth of the price. And as far as depreciation goes...be careful to do your research before you talk about ferrari. If you buy a new ferrari, within a few years it will have dropped 50K in price. It's because they're not worth what ferrari charges. People with money buy them because they can, not because they're worth it.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #122
LotusGT1
Regular User

Hey, there's Allan again...

I'm glad there are no pictures of me circulating on the net where I'm making middle finger gestures like some kind of degenerate.

Nice to see the guy back which sole purpose is to brag on the internet to some complete strangers.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #123
coloradosilver
Regular User

Hahaha...What a wanker. Don't think he'll be around on this site very long. I don't think he's used to sites that have standards such as this one.

Just goes to show...money can but any idiot a Lambo, but as for a cure for being an ignorant asshole....not for sale in any store.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #124
allanlambo
Regular User

I love that picture. It goes out to all Corvette owning losers.

But you are right, money can buy any idiot a Lambo, just takes a special kind of idiot to be able to earn the money to buy one. Now what kind of an idiot does it take to buy a 30K Chevy, with 10 year interest free financing?
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:01 AM   #125
coloradosilver
Regular User

Beats me, I paid cash and got the title the day I drove it home. (41K)

I didn't mean that all idiots buy lambos, just that all those who buy lambos are idiots. For performance for money, it's a very impulsive, poser, irrational, illogical purchase. Many other cars on the market offer better performance for a fifth of the price. The only reason that I can see someone buying one is so they can say "I have a lamborghini". It's nothing special, like I said all it takes is money. It would be something one would do to show off when they have no other assets or features about themselves that would attract other people. And for all I know you didn't earn a dime of that money, it could have been a trust fund or an inheritance that you didn't deserve at all. I could be wrong, you may have earned it fair enough. But two things about your statement above bother me if thats the case. 1) You think it takes a "special kind of idiot" to earn that kind of money. This gives total disrespect and inconsideration to people who have worked hard their whole lives and have legitimately earned every cent they have. And 2) You're obviously quite narrow minded to think that all corvette owners have to take out a "10 year interest free" loan to get that car. Many who own these cars have plenty of money, but have the common sense to buy a car that offers the performance of your Lambo at a fraction of the cost.

Quick question....Where did you scome from all of a sudden. It says that you've been a member for over two years now, but only have 89 posts (at the time of me writing this). Why have you all of a sudden decided to show up and try to impress people?

By the way...we have a rule here about comments about driving in or riding in cars. Show us the pictures or shut up. If you did go drive a Veyron as you have stated, you woud have no doubt taken pictures as that would be the drive of a lifetime for any auto entheusiast. I'm not saying that you didn't, but we need the pics if we are to give any merit to your claims.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:26 AM   #126
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
I didn't mean that all idiots buy lambos, just that all those who buy lambos are idiots.
Hey personal choice is personal choice - just because one idiot drives a lamborghini, doesnt mean they are all idiots. Back up on the unnecessary bashing
Old 01-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #127
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
I didn't mean that all idiots buy lambos, just that all those who buy lambos are idiots.
Hey personal choice is personal choice - just because one idiot drives a lamborghini, doesnt mean they are all idiots. Back up on the unnecessary bashing
Apparently you didn't read HIS post: "Now what kind of an idiot does it take to buy a 30K Chevy, with 10 year interest free financing?" So dopn't be too quick to yell at me.

I'm not saying that it isn't a good car, it is. They're fast, nice to be in, and handle quite well. But the second you factor in the money they cost, it just isn't warranted.

There's a reason thet allanlambo has been banned from ferrarichat.com and Z06vette.com, He's not the sort we want here either.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:35 AM   #128
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Has no one noticed my handy work?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:37 AM   #129
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
huh?
Old 01-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #130
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^^
allenlambo makes periodic appearances...

mostly to be condicending to those who he has called 'peasants'

which is being a total asshole IMO... i've met people who are 100x more successful then mr Allenlambo, who love talking to people who share the same interests... i dont know how much he makes... but i guarentee that he's nowhere near the wealth that these other amazing people are...

each of these guys started out at similar places as where people like me are at, and want to give their advices...

the only asshats ive met like allenlambo are in the 1-5 million/ year gross.

which makes me think that allen is somewhere closer to that, or as much as 2x that... not at all like the entrapanuers i've met, or like our own Jabba, and Bobbafett.

on a side note...
people who buy cars like the Diablo/cirtain Ferraris/Porsches/supercars etc. arent always posers... those cars do something special that a car like a Vette just cant...

some people who buy them are definately fanboy poseurs... but the cars often are not IMO.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 AM   #131
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
huh?
blah

Check alan fuckheads first post.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:46 AM   #132
nthfinity
Regular User

it was hard to find it among the huge quotes being used...
Old 01-13-2006, 01:47 AM   #133
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
it was hard to find it among the huge quotes being used...
I'm still looking, a little lost I must admit.

EDIT: Got it!

And yes, he is a wanker. Good job..quite subtle.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 AM   #134
SFDMALEX
Regular User

hehe I just made some corrections so maybe now it will be noticed
Old 01-13-2006, 01:55 AM   #135
coloradosilver
Regular User

Well done. I wonder if he'll stick around and bitch at people or just leave.