Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 06-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default evo #69 - Porsche 997

Old 06-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
1zippo1
Regular User

Thx TT!! One of the first 997 reviews, so very interesting indeed.

I won't say I prefer it above the 996, but the shape does immediatly feels good...

And I didn't have that feeling when the 996 came out. I thought they ruined it at first, with those weird headlights. Now I've grown quite fond of the 996 shape. But the 997 certainly is good looking too!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #3
cooperluke
Regular User

I love this car!!!!!!

It could only be a nine-eleven!

I WANT ONE OF THEEEEESE!!!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
HoboPie
Regular User

I certainly like this look, but how can they claim the 996 looks aged compared to this. The biggest differences on the car are designs brought back(and modified obviously) from older models.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #5
lakatu
Regular User

Thanks TT for the scan. I am really interested to learn more about the 997. I thought it was interesting that Porsche seems to be guiding expectations lower on further horsepower increases from their engines. I kind of find it hard to believe though that they won't be able to find ways to significantly increase performance over the years. Take for example the horsepower differences between the 964’s 3.6L with 250 hp and the current models 3.6L with 320 hp. Porsche always seems to find new ways to apply technology to increase horsepower without increasing displacement.

I kind of wonder why they made such a statement. Maybe they feel that the current levels of horsepower are more than adequate for a street car and that any more might be too dangerous for a base model. However, even if that is there thinking I believe they would have a hard time ignoring competitive forces which seem to constantly push horsepower levels higher. Thank goodness for free markets.
lakatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 AM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

So it is true. The 997 does look better than 996, yet 997 looks older. Still, this is the best looking modern 911
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote