Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #46
lakatu
Regular User

Sorry so late on this one but I just got around to watching it. Thanks st-anger for providing a summary translation since at least half of the video seemed to be commentary. The Vanquish seems to be in an odd marketing position with so much power and yet so heavy. So not really a sports car but a touring GT. I think it is a nice looking car but if I was looking for this type of car I think I would take the Ferrari 575M which I believe are priced similarly.

Is the GT3 coming up next ? BTW I still watch the MV GT3 RS video. Every time I see it I wish there was one parked in my garage.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #47
Chingachgook
Regular User

Great sound by the V12 but I still love more and more the 575M GTC, or better the 550 LM by Care Racing
By the way, in sounds and drifts video the GT3 was impressive, I wonder how it's possible to build a car so fast with the engine in the wrong position, a car capable to be as sharp as a katana and so ignorant as an hooligan that goes sideways everyweher you want
Old 04-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #48
st-anger
Regular User

vid from 06042005: :arrow: link

AMS TV Gemballa GTR 600 Evo
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #49
dingo
Regular User

Thankyou, the Gemballa is definately an extreme machine - probably too much for most You can definately hear everyone of those horsepower - not subtle
For 300,000 Euro (about $AU 500K) I would buy a 993/996/997 Turbo (when the last one comes out) and have alot of spare cash and get an F355 aswell
If the GTR 600 Evo runs 1.4bar of boost, what is it from the Porsche factory?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #50
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
If the GTR 600 Evo runs 1.4bar of boost, what is it from the Porsche factory?
0.8bar...
Porsche 911
Old 04-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #51
lakatu
Regular User

Thanks st-anger for the video.

Personally I wouldn’t mind if Gemballa just vanished. I guess they serve some type of niche in the market place but their cars focus is so “artsy” I think it cheapens Porsche and 911 instead of elevating it. I don’t care for their aftermarket ground affects, spoilers or interiors. Have I left anything out? Oh ya their engines. From what I’ve heard 1.4 bars is too much for a reliable car. I’m guessing 300.000 euros is only the entrance fee, the costs just continues to rise from there :roll: .

There is one exception. I do like the "look" of their GT 600 BITURBO http://www.gemballa.com/Umr/G96_GT20...GT2003_sz.html . But then that look is really the elimination of the rear spoiler on the GT3 so it isn't really orginal. Either way I still wouldn’t want the car.

I think it is also a great example of what Gemballa is all about. Removing the rear spoiler on a GT3 while leaving the front or putting a GT3 front spoiler on a standard 996 is a terrible idea because it unbalances the downforces at the front and back of the car. A GT3 spoiler has more “lip” to it to create greater downforce. If you place that on a standard 996 at high speeds the backend will have more lift than it normally would have which is a bad idea in a rear engined car. From what I can tell Gemballa’s GT 600 has the greater downforce front spoiler without any changes to the rear downforce. Why because it looks good…and in IMO that is what Gemballa is all about .
Old 04-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #52
robruf
Regular User

Pretty good looking car, but too fancy for me, plus in North America who the hell is going to fix it, and with that much horsepower coming from a small engine, it will be in the shop alot of the time, better to just go stock and chip it a bit or by a race car and destroy the track, thanks for the link
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #53
TT
Regular User

Well, I am not sure I would want to own a Gemballa car.. for sure their reputation, as far as reliablity goes, isn't that great!
For sure their cars look the business, but probably too much.
Definitely the video was cool and the way the engines revs, just crazy. When I see a Gemballa car on the road (rare), I stop and take many pics obviously but still, there are many tuners I'd pick before turning to them

Thanks st-anger for this great video!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #54
st-anger
Regular User

vid from 21042005: :arrow: link

Sport Auto TV - Pagani Zonda S Supertest

EDIT: scan and translation will (hopefully) follow tomorrow - don´t have any more time right now...
Porsche 911
Old 04-21-2005, 04:20 PM   #55
yg60m
Regular User

Thanks a lot st-anger
Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #56
dingo
Regular User

Nice....the Zonda S makes a lovely sound and sure looks impressive, however to me it would have more appeal if Pagani made their own engine instead of sourcing one from AMG
The Nurburgring time is obviously impressive :shock: , thanks alot for this latest video st-anger
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #57
robruf
Regular User

I really love this car, for not being a per say production car, the craftmanship and quality are really outstanding, thanks st-anger for the vid
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #58
robruf
Regular User

I really love this car, for not being a per say production car, the craftmanship and quality are really outstanding, thanks st-anger for the vid
Old 04-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #59
ARMAN
Regular User

Thank yoz St-anger

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:10 AM   #60
mindgam3
Regular User

thanks alot st anger - zonda vids are few and far between

Dingo: If pagani were to make their own engine it would bump the cost up to at least twice the price it is now.

IMO, although a fairly old engine, the V12 is one of the best engines to come out of AMG in a fair while
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote