Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #121
nickthaskater

I run no driving aids at all. I could've knocked it into the 1'01.9XX range but I went wide in the final corner and scrubbed off some speed.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 AM   #122
rave426
Regular User

Ok, i know this sounds crazy.... But i'm at laguna seca and for some reason the damn game is not recognizing the best lap anymore. It wasnt a record but it was about 1'30ish. Has anybody else had this problem?

Nice nick, like I said i'm coming for ya. May be tommorrow, but i'm coming for ya.

NL you gonna give a rip soon?

Well 1'29.9ish so far at Laguna.........but its bed time. Peace
Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #123
nickthaskater

Yea that happens at Laguna sometimes, I suspect it's from cutting the pit exit too tight. If you aren't doing that though, then I have no clue.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #124
Vansquish
Regular User

Damn...nice work fellas, I'm going to have to bust out the GT4 tomorrow and see if I can't retake some circuits The Nurburgring is my first concern....

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 AM   #125
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Damn...nice work fellas, I'm going to have to bust out the GT4 tomorrow and see if I can't retake some circuits The Nurburgring is my first concern....
you an me both (really, my only concern.... but i may try leguna Seca too)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #126
Vansquish
Regular User

^^ ditto...we shall see...I might even bomb around Tsukuba for a bit if I really get into it.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 07-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #127
rave426
Regular User

Looks like i'm the only one thats not to effiecient at the ring right now...Probably cause I havnt lapped it much I can beast the first half, but that second half aint doing if for me.

It might take me a bit, but i'll get there with you guys

Well I be damn. It looks like our friend nicktheskater is a well known GT4 beast (according to the IGN boards). Well son, you got a new challenger.

I am enlightend to be in the mist of many skilled virtual drivers. 8)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #128
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Aight I am gonna try this race out very quickly!
Tsukuba - Honda Civic Type R (EP)

I might suck ass now since I havent had chance to play at all but its worth the try!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #129
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I bought a DB9 last night and thought I did some quick laps to only find out I was over 4 seconds off from Vanquish's time

You guys are nuts.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #130
alanw89
Regular User

tried a couple today. I know I can get a couple more seconds off the nurburgring and maybe a second off seattle.

alanw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #131
Pimp Racer
Regular User

GOD DAMN! I tried 3 laps in the civic around Tsukuba and I got the best time of just only 1 min and 15 secs! I need to practice! Man I remember when I used to be so good at this damn game. Now I just suck ass! Nice times Alan!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #132
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
I bought a DB9 last night and thought I did some quick laps to only find out I was over 4 seconds off from Vanquish's time

You guys are nuts.
I did shitty on that track.... my guess is because i just dont know the apexes, and find that track boring...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #133
Vansquish
Regular User

I got the 'ring down to a 7:02.89 and I had a flying lap going nearly 3.4 seconds faster than that, but fucked up the last turn before the long straight and lost it all. So for those unbelievers out there, a sub 7:00 lap in the '02 NSX-R is certainly doable.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:51 PM   #134
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

You guys are nuts.
Well...SS R5 is a bit of a pain in the ass...the apexes are easy enough to see but the actual clipping points that you want to use are often not where you expect them to be...the best advice anyone can really give is probably just to be really smooth and try and transition from brake to accel and vice-versa as smoothly as possible so as not to end up with the tires losing grip...

My sort of rule of thumb is to keep the car from sliding whenever possible. I basically try and keep the tires from talking at all if I can.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #135
rave426
Regular User

Ok nickthaskater, Your time at Tuskuba and Laguna are really annoying me.........

So far
1'02.4xx at Tuskuba

1'29.7xx at Laguna

about .3 off on both :x

The annoying this is that I can see at least 4 tenths of time at Tuskuba
and probably near 8 theths of time at Laguna. Just cant seem to put it together without freaking something else up yet.

Im proud to say my Nurburgring efficiency (and learning) is slowly getting better. I lapped a ~7'30 with 2 wrecks and many terribly missed clipping points. I imagine when I learn the track, i'll be running with you folks.

Anyway, at work.........peace