Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #121
styla21
Regular User

I am legend.

Loved it! 8/10
Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #122
silentm
Regular User

Shoot 'em Up - 8/10

what an awesome action trip it was so satirical i was almost continuously laughing through the whole film. there were some scenes though that i really were way too over the top, like when he held his hand in the fire and shot the other dude.... kinda meh

but the rest was just omg wtf pwnt LOL haven't had so much fun in a long time watching a movie

could anybody recommend me some good martial arts movies like in the style of Hero or Ong Bak? and please save me the usual Jacky Chan replies, i don't really like those.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #123
pilotvtm
Regular User

Meet The Spartans -
the movie sucks.
no more good movies like scary movie 1 and 2....

pilotvtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #124
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
could anybody recommend me some good martial arts movies like in the style of Hero or Ong Bak? and please save me the usual Jacky Chan replies, i don't really like those.

i know you said no JC movies but one of my favorite is "Who am I". its got everything cars, fighting and more cars...

Kung fu Hustle 10/10
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #125
pilotvtm
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
i know you said no JC movies but one of my favorite is "Who am I". its got everything cars, fighting and more cars...

Kung fu Hustle 10/10

nice movie!!!!
Another nice movie: shaolin soccer - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286112/

for all the MW:
what serials are you watching?
two and a half men

Last edited by pilotvtm; 01-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #126
turboprav
Regular User

Saw flyboys this evening and Worlds fastest Indian for like the 15th time. My all time favourite movie. Anthony Hopkins has still a lot of talent to offer
turboprav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #127
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
Shoot 'em Up - 8/10

what an awesome action trip it was so satirical i was almost continuously laughing through the whole film. there were some scenes though that i really were way too over the top, like when he held his hand in the fire and shot the other dude.... kinda meh

but the rest was just omg wtf pwnt LOL haven't had so much fun in a long time watching a movie

Return of the Dragon
Kiss of the Dragon
Georgous (yeh, its a jacky flick... but unlike EVERY jacky flick)
Enter the Dragon
Fearless is alright... kinda in between Crouching Tiger and a good kung fu movie... I really don't like stupid climbing and balancing acts at all
Old 01-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #128
LEXION
Regular User

The game Plan ----- 3/10

First Sunday ---- 3/10

Ice Road Truckers Series --- the best thing I saw on TV in my life! http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Road_Truckers

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #129
nthfinity
Regular User

Rambo IV - 10/10

Perfect heart stopping action with suspense. Perhaps even better then Rambo I !!

It's violent, it's gore filled.... it was well worth the price of admission Decent story, well acted, well executed.... small continuity issues, but we can overlook that

go see it!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #130
LEXION
Regular User

CLOVERFIELD

100/10 -- best movie I saw in 2008

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig

Last edited by LEXION; 02-03-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #131
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION View Post
The game Plan ----- 3/10

First Sunday ---- 3/10

Ice Road Truckers Series --- the best thing I saw on TV in my life! http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Road_Truckers

game plan - 6/10

it wasnt that bad but then again i'm a father so my opinion somewhat doesnt matter...
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #132
pilotvtm
Regular User

Superman Doomsday - http://imdb.com/title/tt0934706/
10/10 - animation

Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #133
silentm
Regular User

Cloverfield 4/10

wow that movie sucked, i'm only giving this 4 points because of the cool action and the gorey scenes. i was constantly asking myself why is he taping that?(like when the characters get intimate ect.) the whole story was lame and it made absolutely no sence. but if that's the whole point of the movie, well done!

they should have left out the first half hour of the movie and just jumped into the action.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #134
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Cloverfield wasn't really a "movie". More like a simulation of what would happen if New York was actually under attack from a gigantic monster. And it felt like it.

Lot of things seem illogical, like how that guy was carrying the camera everywhere filming everything, or how awesome the battery life and the storage capacity of the camera was, but those were necessary devices.

The love story sub-plot was kinda lame, but they obviously needed some sort of incentive for the survivors to stay behind. And it wasn't too unbelievable.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the characters. They weren't very likeable for some reason. They weren't hateable or annoying, but still.

I say it was the best monster movie ever. It feels like it wasn't scripted, but things just happened naturally on screen. And the fact that we don't know much about anything made the whole thing more thrilling. Unlike in say... Godzilla where a character would babble on the exposition very 5 minutes.

I'd recommend everyone to go see it in the theater at least once. Don't wait for the DVD, unless you have like 50ft screen and 1000W speakers.

8/10

PS. I don't know what the critics are banging on about with the 9/11 connection. I didn't notice it. There's just one scene when people are running down the stairs at the beginning asking if the others thought it was a terrorist attack, but that was it. Then again, I don't live in NY, and maybe all the movie critics live in NY.

And I don't also get all the people bashing the marketing campaign. People were complaining on and on about how the movie isn't worth the hype, and I'm confused because the movie didn't have much hype. I mean, I just watched the trailer when I went to see Transformers and that was it. I was looking forward to it, but not enough to spend my life trying to figure out what the monster actually was. It's really their own fault for creating such hype themselves. Sheesh.

There. That's the end of my rant.

Last edited by HeilSvenska; 02-05-2008 at 01:17 PM.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #135
LEXION
Regular User

Lot of things seem illogical, like how that guy was carrying the camera everywhere filming everything, or how awesome the battery life and the storage capacity of the camera was, but those were necessary devices.

Cloverfield is the exact length of a MiniDV tape....its not longer, and not using the light or infra red, doesent wear off the batteries life....and the guy was filming, because as they said, ''people would want to know what happened''....I tought it was verry good made...but as they say, you either like it, or hate it BTW: J.J.Abrams is filming the sequell....which I understand, it involves the guy that was filming with the phone on the bridge, when it was destroyed....

___________________-

Just saw Meet the Spartans......3-4 good scenes....and the rest boring gay routine

5/10