Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #106
LotusGT1
Regular User

About the validity of this debate....see what I wrote on page 5
Old 08-18-2006, 01:35 AM   #107
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
About the validity of this debate....see what I wrote on page 5
and what i wrote on pages 1,2,3,4,5

its an entirely valid debate, validated even by the pistonheads member who owns/owned one.

just because you accept that it isn't a good hanlding car (or do you) doesn't mean that the masses somehow think that its not got such a remarkable flaw; whereas it is not the king of supercars... and perhaps there simply can't be

look at the responces where people say it simply can't be true, and its all the driver, not the car. that validates this thread.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 AM   #108
saadie
Regular User

lol ... hes just one person
anyway ....
handling bad dosnt mean it isnt a great car :prr:
Old 08-18-2006, 01:45 AM   #109
LotusGT1
Regular User

^^
The starting point of this thread remains stupid. Basing an opinion on that mediocre video is stupid, presenting and applaud it as the ultimate proof is stupid, and claiming the F1 is a bad handling car is stupid. Also, saying we're all fanboys because we disagree with your ramblings is stupid, misinterpreting Flemke's words and say the F1 handles bad is stupid, etc etc. And good going with the Intardweb...

Draw your own conclusions about the so-called validity of this thread

Appearantly after 6 pages you still haven't figured out my opinion and the general one in this thread. I'll break it down in very few words one more time, and I sincerely hope your ongoing discussion which isn't a discussion ends....

We all know the McLaren F1 is not a flawless car. In the right hands it is an impressive and capable car though. It can be a bitch to drive, but it's not a bad handling car. "To extract all its potential out, you need to be a more-than-average driver, and have some practice to get used to its character. Once you have learned the secret of controlling driving line by precise co-operation of throttle and steering, the F1 will corner fast and secure". It can however be tricky sometimes....
Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #110
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
lol ... hes just one person
anyway ....
handling bad dosnt mean it isnt a great car :prr:
Yeah, but you know how important I am
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #111
nickthaskater

To draw a bit of a comparison, though slightly extreme, using nthfinity's logic here, one could say that a Formula 1 car is a bad handling car, simply because it's not easy to drive.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:59 AM   #112
nthfinity
Regular User

ah, so you are a fanboy

and, my opinions are not soley based on the video; but as i keep reiterating, what other highly skilled drivers have told me.... thier opinions are 100x stronger then mine, and yours.

Flemke points out these same flaws.

Being an above average driver? id wager its much more then that... especially with your last line

It can however be tricky sometimes....
the fact is, its tricky everytime you try and get near the limit.... and unlike a proper car, you cant skirt the limit

have you ever been to a track day? where there are some 3000+ lap guys there.... see how they drive, listen, watch and see if you can really call Tiff's track show an aggressive track session.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 AM   #113
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by nthfinity
have you ever been to a track day? where there are some 3000+ lap guys there.... see how they drive, listen, watch and see if you can really call Tiff's track show an aggressive track session.
How many of those guys are driving 620hp McLaren F1s?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:07 AM   #114
LotusGT1
Regular User

ah, so you are a fanboy

and, my opinions are not soley based on the video; but as i keep reiterating, what other highly skilled drivers have told me.... thier opinions are 100x stronger then mine, and yours.

Flemke points out these same flaws.

Being an above average driver? id wager its much more then that... especially with your last line

It can however be tricky sometimes....
the fact is, its tricky everytime you try and get near the limit.... and unlike a proper car, you cant skirt the limit

Bullshit. Simply bullshit.

Yes, I've been to trackdays (Nurburgring), and yes, Tiff drove pretty spirited. And no, he didn''t push the limits, as few would do with a $1 million loaner.

However, you are the fanboy here, starting this whole bullshit discussion with the posting of a crappy video. Although backpaddling now, you were applauding it for being the ultimate proof. If you have so much experience around exotics, I find it shocking you present that specific shitty video as ultimate proof. Makes me wonder how much you really know.

However, as Flemke said before at Pistonheads, and now, it's a tricky car at its limits. That means you need to be skilled to drive it at its limits. That doesn't imply it's a bad handling car....
Old 08-18-2006, 02:14 AM   #115
nthfinity
Regular User

you call me a fanboy, but this is simply based on nothing.... is it so hard that you cannot see something with an unbiased eye?

If the video showed a well balanced car while skirting the limits; that would be me posting "OMFG, teh MACCA is a good handler, too bad its ugly" topic

the reason i call you a fanboy is that you aren't providing evidence of otherwise. I have... you simply are blinded by your petty obsession with the original most expensive car in the world. and cling to it as if its' your only child. this is evident in post after post that you make here, and other threads.

you call the video shitty; sure its low quality, but you can clearly see what is happening.

is it the ultimate evidence? definately not..... but it sure is adiquate.

Ultimate would require data logging, track time with an average track day enthusiast, and a racing driver.

but nothing is impossible

BTW, im done arguing with your pointless "BS BS BS" responces; anybody with a legitimate responce willing to continue this thread in a nice and civil manner, like many of us had been doing?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:17 AM   #116
IMKAOS
Regular User

IMO u can make ANY car look poorly by putting an idiot behind the wheel thats not hard to do... put this driver behind the wheel of an elise and I bet he could manage to make that look like shit too :roll:
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 AM   #117
LotusGT1
Regular User

The video shows a guy mindlessly ramming the gas of a 627Hp lightweight car. Well, what a surprise it acts unbalanced then. That video is not "adiquate" as it isn't showing or proving anything. That you're not able to comprehend that is not my problem.

You are the one that keeps making this topics about the McLaren, here and at F-chat. And everytime the discussion is based on nothing. You have this deep down hatred against this car or something, because you keep posting new topics full of shit about it again. I merely reply because it's amusing how you keep finding new crap like this video to start this discussion over and over again. LOL@the unbiased eye....who are you kidding?

Like I said, I don't even care for all these superexotics anymore these days....I'm not the fanboy here...

About the civil matter, it would help if you'd stop calling everybody a fanboy because they disagree with you. Especially if those have a good reason for doing so.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:35 AM   #118
nthfinity
Regular User

for the record, I didn't make any topics in Fchat about the F1. I mearly replied to an existing topic... which has been dead for a good 6 or 7 months now.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #119
Svensson
Regular User

Once again... calling that video proof is pure nonsence. It shows the first drive of Dan in his car, doing the first few miles. He's just having fun trashing the car around and scaring his wife. You can hardly call him an experienced driver, let alone being experienced in driving this particular car.

In the discussion I had with you concerning his downshifting/heel-and-toe, you pointed out that I couldn't see his feet. Well, I'l turn this around on you: If you would have been able to see his feet, you could see him being very agressive on the throttle. And now you're surprised that a 627bhp car with short-traveling throttle-paddle reacts snappy and bites at him? Come on, who are you fooling. This only proves that you need to be extremely gentle with your right foot if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Maybe even more so compared to the other supercars you mentioned, but that does not make it a bad handling car.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #120
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield
loving how much coke that guy and his missus had just snorted in the car park before going into the McLaren showroom, off their heads. Safe.

I'd be over the moon, i'll take mine in white with black wheels. Shame I'd be wishing I'd bought the LM edition parked in front of me.
and you are basing this off of what?

you seriously have some serious issues.

Am i looking for attention? no.

This is a valid debate.

thanks Lotus, i had thought the engine was a special development specifically for the F1; and not based off another car.

BTW McLarenboy, what are you basing this opinion on?
.....on the fact that I would like one in white with black wheels you knob.
Closed Thread