Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #91
5vz-fe
Regular User

Acutally, Noose also got a very valid point, if it were the other way around, I don't think the Michelin runners would agree to the options either. (but I bet the fans of those teams will say, by then FIA will stand up and force the execution of the options ... so :fist: )
Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #92
jenkF1
Regular User

I can't believe everyones throwing the shit at Michelin on this forum.

Look at the FIA and the arrogance of Ferrari for your answer

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #93
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

Originally Posted by noosee

Ferrari did the right thing then not attended meeteng and not agreed with changes.
I don't think that if it would happen with Bridgestone any Michelin teams would act differently.

ofcourse, bridgestone only supports 3 teams....
Old 06-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #94
|Nuno|
Regular User

they did not take part in the meeting and in F1, the unanimity is necessary to change a rule so they didn't say no but it was all the same ...
And it is not proven that all Michelin's tyres would have been affected, it was simply a principle of precaution ... so I don't think that they can be said to be incompetent !! What were tyres of the winning cars until today ? And do you remember Schumacher punctures in Barcelona ?
Read my previous post. The decisions had nothing to do with Ferrari. It was the FIA's decision. Here's Charlie Whitting's response to Michelin:

"To change the course in order to help some of the teams with a performance problem caused by their failure to bring suitable equipment to the race would be a breach of the rules and grossly unfair to those teams which have come to Indianapolis with the correct tyres."

"Your teams have a choice of running more slowly in Turn 12/13, running a tyre not used in qualifying (which would attract a penalty) or repeatedly changing a tyre (subject to valid safety reasons)," Whiting replied.

Says it all.

And if they wanted to be cautious, they'd simply follow this recommendation... They fuck up, they take the consequences.

And what the fuck does Shumacher's puncture in Spain has to do with anything?
Old 06-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #95
Anonymous

Originally Posted by jenkF1
I can't believe everyones throwing the shit at Michelin on this forum.

Look at the FIA and the arrogance of Ferrari for your answer
well in my post, i stated why, as i understand it michelin could have run a less competitive tyre that was not unsafe. And the teams be penalised under the rules by the FIA for changing. This way they would have still had a show for the fans even if the bridgstone runners ran away with it..... points issue could have been decided later. But they choose not to get these flown over and persue the chicane option. Its their fuck up why should we have sympathy for them, they were clearing running to close to the limit, and the new diamond cut surface may have just put them over.........
Old 06-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #96
leo_26782
Regular User

Anybody doesn't know what GPWC is yet? Because that is what we will be talking about in 2 years. I expect more then ever the FIA to loose the F1 in 2008, as they prooved that they are unable to bring a compromise that would be suitable for every one. It also looks that most of the team agreed on a solution, but that Ferrari is more and more on its own (I wonder if they will come right along in the new series in 2008...)

I do blame Michelin for the huge mistake they did, but s**t happens, deal with it. What I don't get is why they didn't use the tyre they brought from France! They would have started last, but I would have been 7th for the pole man :roll:

At the beginning, every one said that this tyre rule was dangerous for safety, and now that someone goes the safe way according to this rule, it is the end of the world 14 accidents at the same corner because of tyre issue would have been worst for Michelin than this, especially if there had been a lethal issue. Everyone says it is hard to build a F1 tyre that does 300 km. I am doing 30'000 km with mine, so I am sure they can do well, it might be a little slower, but that is the cost of safety.

I do understand that Ferrari didn't agree to change the track, but I do not feel confortable for them, because many people think it is there fault. It is not the case, the FIA wouldn't have added the chicane either. I would have chosen the modified raceway and no points at the end, but that would have been a hard choice. I wonder what would have happened if it was Bridgestone who had done the mistake?
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #97
leo_26782
Regular User

And also, I would keep on using Michelin tyre if I had those on my car.

EDIT: BTW, I also wonder if Ferrari could change the set-up of Ruben's car to make sure he stays second...
Old 06-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #98
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
It just has to do that everybody put the shame on Michelin for not bringing "good" tyres but it can also happen to Bridgestone ...
Nothing prove that R. Schumacher's accident could have happen again during the race ...
Old 06-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #99
leo_26782
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
It just has to do that everybody put the shame on Michelin for not bringing "good" tyres but it can also happen to Bridgestone ...
Nothing prove that R. Schumacher's accident could have happen again during the race ...
It had happened to Zonta earlier, maybe it is only a Toyota problem
Old 06-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #100
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
First, that's a different situation. And second, of course it can happen to everyone, but in this case it's Michelin's fault, so who do you want me to blame?

Another reason for them to follow the FIA's recommendation.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #101
leo_26782
Regular User

Paul Stoddart dixit:

Earlier on today, nine of the 10 competing teams had agreed that, in the interests of safety, a temporary chicane needed to be placed before the final turn, and that unless that took place, the nine teams would not compete [...] For the avoidance of doubt, Minardi only participated when it became clear that Jordan had changed its decision to compete from this morning.
Damned! It could have been a two men race

Paul Stoddart again:

A solution, which would have allowed the United States Grand Prix to have proceeded unaffected today existed, but was resisted by the FIA and not supported by Ferrari, who claimed it was not their problem.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #102
a007apl
Regular User

I believe never more F1 will racer in USA
:crazyeyes: :grab:
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #103
5vz-fe
Regular User

How hard is it to understand? Rules are rules, they are not there to be bend, they are there to be enforced. Everytime a chaos happened in F1.....Ferrari's name always brought to the answer. When Ferrari attend an FIA meeting where all other teams didn't show up, it's a conspiracy, when all other team shows up but Ferrari, it's fucking arrogance. What kinda idiotcy is that?

U dont participate in a contest and find out that ur work is off the spec and expect the judges gonna bend the rules for u so that ur work can be included. If FIA were to build the chicane is all due to mercy, they didn't becoz they are only doing their job. All sports rely on their audience, that is why I say FIA should be blamed too for such a ridiculous USGP, but they technically didn't do anything wrong. Just hated it when ppl pointing thier fingers blindly.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #104
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i'm wondering what's going to be shown on the news tomorrow. will the FIA come up with some excuse to penalize the michelin teams. will people sue the GP?(is america after all). will the one tyre rule will change for the other races? will the one tyre control rule will pass. imagine if michelin had tyre control over the race would the FIA change the course or would the team pull out like they did?
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #105
gobs3z
Regular User

Well i was at the race, and the cars are a lot louder than i anticipated. Americans won't think twice about what happened at indy because it seemed like only about 40% of the spectators were American which obviously shows most Americans wouldn't care if this happened. But the booing was deffinately evident and even the Ferrari fans were booing Shumacher. But i really think they should have ran in the race even if they didn't complete it. If they ran the cars slower around the track but finished it they would have recieved points, but the only upside i can think of for them not running it is they wouldn't be putting as many miles on their "2 races only" engines as the cars that did run.

Either way this is my first F1 race and it was exciting to see the technology at work instead going to a car show and seeing a paper weight. I'm bringing ear plugs next time .

EDIT: People in the U.S. don't care about Formula One, it's sad.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote