Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 09-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #91
TransAm
Regular User

Nice choice of Car, St-Anger. I looked at a 350Z back along although I never test drove one. After seeing your vid however, I might have to do so!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #92
PATo355
Regular User

I really love the 350Z exterior appearance , but i would have prefer a german roadster or a S2000 , congratulatios for such a nice car , it looks da bomb in black

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #93
st-anger
Regular User

...i´m looking for the Z4 accl vid as well, and will post it here asa i´ve found it...
finally found it, acceleration in my Z4 3.0i from standstill to ~110kmh with auto-gearbox in "Sport" mode...
sorry for the crappy quality it´s recorded with a digi cam - well nothing spectacular anyway...

:arrow: link
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #94
coombsie66
Regular User

Very nice St-anger, i think the 350 looks stunning in black, they are getting more common over here in the UK and now i see why! One of my old school mates is ragging one round now, lucky git! I never realised the z was so motorsport/enthusiast biased!
Old 09-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #95
noosee
Regular User

Very nice choice St-anger. It really is the best car for $
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #96
Regie
Regular User

Your choice of car was impossible to pick, would never have thought a (previously) German car owner and employee would have turned Japanese. A good car nevertheless and your reasoning for getting it shows that you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground. A sensible decision for a short term car.

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what your next automobile will be.

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks a lot for this set of pics!! They rock!
I concur. Lovely pics st-anger, all of them. Thank you.

There have been some excellent posts in this thread, by st-anger and lakatu especially. Great read this has been.
Regie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #97
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by Régie
Your choice of car was impossible to pick, would never have thought a (previously) German car owner and employee would have turned Japanese. A good car nevertheless and your reasoning for getting it shows that you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground. A sensible decision for a short term car.

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what your next automobile will be.

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks a lot for this set of pics!! They rock!
I concur. Lovely pics st-anger, all of them. Thank you.

There have been some excellent posts in this thread, by st-anger and lakatu especially. Great read this has been.
...first, thx for appreciating our hard work, i´m especially glad that u mentioned lakatu as well, he´s doing an extremely good job here at Porsche Central, non of u has ever recognized that, but we´re talking way more via PM than in the forum, he´s always after learning something, always wants to know more and when i have the time i really enjoy talking to him, because he really knows his stuff and is one of the few that actually takes the chance and tries to learn as much as he can - i really like that, shows me that i´m not completely useless here at JW with "my" section...
so again, i´m gld u like the stuff posted, hopefully we can even improve everything, maybe with your help as well Régie - would be nice to see u more often around here at "PC"...

...you've got your feet (& head) firmly planted on the ground
and definitely THX for noticing... i had the very strong feeling that the majority had been a bit dissapointed with my choice - many of them expected a car at least twice as expensive, without a doubt i could have bought a ... i don´t know... GT2 ... for some weeks, but i really liked the idea of the 350Z, and i loved it even more after the first test drive, so it´s been clear that this would be the "summer ride"...

i´d have some thoughts about all this but i think i´ll keep them by myself, i don´t like to talk about money when it´s not necessary...

nevertheless, i´ll sell it probably next week or so anyway - it´s successor´ll be a .... ...... well, i think something from Zuffenhausen...
but also my friends from BMW are launching a very interesting model right now, well...we´ll see - right now i´m happy with all the comfort in the planes and to save at least 8 hours per week...
Porsche 911
Old 09-20-2004, 06:43 AM   #98
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ Yes but 8 hours a week in an M5 could be considered a pleasure to some.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:35 AM   #99
cooperluke
Regular User

Nice car.. but ... I think I would prefer a regular 911 as a daily car! And I bet you could easily get a "good as new" one, in order not to spend lot more money than you would in a 350Z.

It's a great car although!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:22 AM   #100
st-anger
Regular User

...but 8 hours a week in an M5 could be considered a pleasure to some

lol coombs, these are the words from a hungry young guy...but look at me, i´m an old man, had been lucky ( but also hard-working ) enough to have the chance to ride some of the best and finest cars for years, so up to now i ended up with hundreds of thousands of kilometers and sometime, even when u drive a ...whatever...., u just want to sit back and relax, the stewardess just served u a glass of red wine...just relax after an exhausting week, personally i favour that as to hunt down some snobs in their AMGs or whatever....

good call luke, but as i said many times b4, i have the Porsches at work, sure i love them but i also enjoy some other cars in my "off work time", and i have a favour for the outstanding things, like Bangles BMWs or the 350Z...
sure we have our employee bonus form PAG, and don´t worry something tells me that i might use it next year ... don´t know....or i ´ll stay with BMW....who knows...
one thing is for sure, the next car won´t be a Nissan
Porsche 911
Old 09-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #101
nthfinity
Regular User

the next car won´t be a Nissan
ive not had the chance to drive a 350z; but i have to say, it is definately one of the best side profiles of any car on the planet
i must ask... the nissan didnt quite suite up to be so good for the long distances?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 PM   #102
ZfrkS62
Regular User

one thing is for sure, the next car won´t be a Nissan
and here i was starting to think you were converting to the Z side, St-Anger

i have been drooling for one of those cars since they were a rumor, even more so after i drove one. You have to admit, those little Z cars know how to plaster a smile on your face

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #103
Regie
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
...first, thx for appreciating our hard work, i´m especially glad that u mentioned lakatu as well, he´s doing an extremely good job here at Porsche Central,
...shows me that i´m not completely useless here at JW with "my" section...
so again, i´m gld u like the stuff posted, hopefully we can even improve everything, maybe with your help as well Régie - would be nice to see u more often around here at "PC".
Definitely not useless, quite the opposite I'd say
I'm certainly going to be hanging around JW, but due to time constraints my posting is sporadic and I try to get a good spread in terms of discussions followed/participated in and my posts usually come in fits (either quiet for a long time or a sudden blitzkrieg of posts). Always behind the 8 ball, catching up on older threads. I've usually got numerous tabs open, with threads dating back a few weeks. I usually reboot once a month or so, just put the powerbook to sleep and I'm off and read the JW threads during my free times! <thanks the computer gods for tabbed browsing and the stability of OS X>.

and definitely THX for noticing... i had the very strong feeling that the majority had been a bit dissapointed with my choice - many of them expected a car at least twice as expensive
You can please some of the people all of the time,
You can please all of the people some of the time,
BUT you can never please all of the people all of the time!

(more so when it comes to cars)
Regie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:23 AM   #104
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i must ask... the nissan didnt quite suite up to be so good for the long distances?
I think the biggest complaint of the magazines was the interior. and i'm not so sure a taller driver would be quite as comfortable in it. the suspension is pretty stiff so if you took it on a long drive over cobble stone roads, i don't think your kidneys would be thanking you :x but definetly good for blasting around town
not to mention the fact that for half the price you can make a Boxter S owner sweat

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #105
cooperluke
Regular User

next car won´t be a Nissan
I thought so...
Someone who is used to drive cars like the 7 series and Porsche in general, of course would like to have a bit fun with a 350Z, but wouldn't be totally fullfilled!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote