Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #91
SilviaEvo
Regular User

anger management!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #92
vexor
Regular User

I have just played the final version of Forza Motorsport...... 4 days before it hits shelves!!!!!

Based on first impressions, it's a really good game that will keep you hoocked on it for hours and hours. The environmental graphics are amazing and as the car models. You can do so much to ur car, it'll take me hours to make a specific design and put it on my car and hours more to get the settings just right on my cars. The physics engine is very good, perfect balance of understeer and oversteer, i'm guessing it's just like real life but i wouldn't know cause i've never taken a Koenigsegg CC8S on the Nurburgring while doing 70+mph in a corner. The game engine is IMO better than GT4 and it's a lot more challenging to control the cars unlike in GT4. I haven't played it on Live yet but I have played with my frieds via split screen. The damdge modeling is really good and the sounds when you crash are very accurate.

Now that you've heard some of the good, time for the bad. They messed up the Nurburgring!!!!! :x The rumble strips are really big compared to the ones in real life, you can't tell where the bumps are and they missed a few, and It's too wide, you can fit 3 cars side by side, I guess they made it that wide because it was meant to support 8 players on Live. The game has some bad collison detecting because when I spun out on the Ring, I saw the back of my car (from third person view) through the side walls. The sounds are OK like the CGT and the Enzo, but other cars like the Zonda and the Corvette just don't sound that great. I also said that the damadge is really good but what i meant to say was for most cars, I compared crashes between a CGT and an Enzo and the CGT was very accurate, but the Enzo wasn't, It barely had any scratches on it even after I dragged along a side wall at about 50mph for 500ft. I guess Ferrari didn't want ppl to destroy their cars THAT much.

Overall, from the 1 hour and 30 min that I have played I'd say it's a good game and defenately worth buying.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:48 PM   #93
RC45
Regular User

How can you evaluate a game engine for realism while playing with a controller?

When is a decent wheel going to be easily available for the XBox?

Are the cars rendered useless after a wreck? If not, then why bother with damage at all? In real life you wreck - your car is toast. So why bother with "fake' damage?

Sounds to me like they have not quite finished it - and will be shoving patches down you throat via XBox Live continually.

After all the hype, and then let down of GT4 - I'll give Forza a miss.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:05 PM   #94
666fast
Regular User

Because he wants too. Seriously though, he can't and you know that.

When is a decent wheel going to be easily available for the XBox?
Quit Bitching about it, you know it's not gonna happen. Don't harp on the game for it either, as it isn't their fault. The Xbox cannot do Force Feedback. That said, the Fanatec wheel will be available soon. From the reviews I've read, it's good, but not as good as the Momo or the Logitech GT wheel. It uses the rumble feature of the controllers to simulate FF. Like I just said, it's good, but not as good as true FF.
So there you go. Either buy the Fanatec wheel, or go play something else.

Are the cars rendered useless after a wreck? If not, then why bother with damage at all? In real life you wreck - your car is toast. So why bother with "fake' damage?
No they aren't rendered useless. I can only imagine the outrage that would come if it were so. Cause, you know, it would be an absolute blast to go on Live and lose every race cause some dipshit pushes you off the track repeatedly.
I think that damage does have an effect on the car though. Slows it down, won't go in a straight line, maybe some speed loss, etc....

Why bother with it? Because when you hit something, shit breaks. I'd rather have cosmetic damage in PGR2 than none at all like GT4. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

After all the hype, and then let down of GT4 - I'll give Forza a miss.
Yea, because, you know, they are the same game and all. Just because it's not a hardcore sim, doesn't mean you won't have fun with it. Wheel or no wheel, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

My only problem is my broken Xbox. :x I guess the Xbox will get a price reduction around Labor Day. At $100, I wouldn't be too mad about having to buy another one.
666fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #95
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Quit Bitching about it, you know it's not gonna happen. Don't harp on the game for it either, as it isn't their fault. The Xbox cannot do Force Feedback.
This does need to be harped on continually. Micro$haft helped pioneer force feed back hardware for the PC - then made no consideration for FF on the XBox and appropriate hardware support.

That said, the Fanatec wheel will be available soon. From the reviews I've read, it's good, but not as good as the Momo or the Logitech GT wheel. It uses the rumble feature of the controllers to simulate FF. Like I just said, it's good, but not as good as true FF.
Looked into the Fanatec - but no clear cut US marketing info.

So there you go. Either buy the Fanatec wheel, or go play something else.
Millions of us plan to do just that - play something else.

No they aren't rendered useless. I can only imagine the outrage that would come if it were so. Cause, you know, it would be an absolute blast to go on Live and lose every race cause some dipshit pushes you off the track repeatedly.
With realistic damage, they would suffer the same fate - and as a reslt not do it.

Yea, because, you know, they are the same game and all.
Well - the same marketing hype and crap..
Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #96
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I said I was guessing, and my fault for not making a bit more clear in the previous post but I was comparing it more to GT4, since i've played that game as well. Also I don't have any sort of wheel for the xbox so I'm stuck with a controller.

Originally Posted by RC45
the damdge is real in the game, ie. downshift too quickly and the engine and transmission will be fucked.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:36 PM   #97
666fast
Regular User

Then why come into this thread and continually bitch about it?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:48 PM   #98
bmagni
Regular User

well sounds really amazing, how did u get it ???
and by the way vexor, does the enzo's, cgt's, boxster's, etc. wings elevate ??? cause i havent seen them do so in any picture, and if they dont it would really piss me off...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:48 PM   #99
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast

Then why come into this thread and continually bitch about it?
Cause it's the Official Forza thead - and I would hate to send some non-Forza thred off topic..
Old 04-30-2005, 12:04 AM   #100
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
well sounds really amazing, how did u get it ???
Actually my friend has it, he has a modded xbox and the game got leaked onto the net about two days ago so he just downladed it.

Originally Posted by bmagni
and by the way vexor, does the enzo's, cgt's, boxster's, etc. wings elevate ??? cause i havent seen them do so in any picture, and if they dont it would really piss me off...
oh yeah, thx for remindging me, forgot to mention this, the wings DON'T raise not even the SLR break. :x

Old 04-30-2005, 12:13 AM   #101
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
oh yeah, thx for remindging me, forgot to mention this, the wings DON'T raise not even the SLR break. :x
Sounds like "rush to market" - get ready for the patch downloads to your XBox...

Let's see what Enthusia looks like on Tuesday...
Old 04-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #102
5vz-fe
Regular User

I know that I won't be buying that game (coz I don't have a XBox), I still wanna see which game cut the most corners.

We've already find out (in the painful way) that GT4 does cut quite some corners.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:31 AM   #103
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I know that I won't be buying that game (coz I don't have a XBox), I still wanna see which game cut the most corners.

We've already find out (in the painful way) that GT4 does cut quite some corners.
This we have - but XBox has an advantage - developers can release crap, then patch it as needed.. PS2 titles are stuck with what they ship
Old 04-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #104
T-Bird
Regular User

picking up my copy Sunday Morning (if the truck is on time tomorrow) since I don't have to pay for it.
we'll see if it's worth it.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #105
FoxFour
Regular User

I'm waiting for Tuesday when it's officially out. Taking time on my lunch break to buy this bad-boy. Supposedly, Fanatec is launching their new force-feedback wheel the same time Forza comes out. http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=000&lang=en
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote