Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #76
ZfrkS62
Regular User

yeah, F1 is lost on the masses here. There really isn't much of a market for open wheel racing on technical tracks. everyone seems to be more into NASCAR and NHRA than they do CART/IRL and F1. I think that the less thinking and speculation you have to do to predict a season's outcome is what appeals to most people about the two sports. Or the unpredictability of the championships. I don't think any one team has dominated either NASCAR or NHRA the way Ferrari has dominated F1.

ALMS seems to be picking up a little speed too. Just depends on who is airing the races. SPEED gets the majority of them.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM   #77
sameerrao
Regular User

Source: www.itv-f1.com

OFFICIAL - BRITISH GP AXED FROM F1 CALENDAR

The British Grand Prix has not been included on the provisional calendar for the 2005 season.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone had set a deadline of today to find a promoter for the race but has failed to agree terms with Silverstone owners the British Racing Drivers' Club.

IMO Its a shame - one of the few circuits that offered overtaking, superb corners, amazing history .... F1 has been in UK from its inception. Its a crime to see it go away.

Hopefully this is a just some mechanism to force changes and we will see it back in the next season

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #78
5vz-fe
Regular User

I don't know why Bernie hates Silverstone so much. I guess he only sees money. Most of the drivers in F1 likes Silverstone, it is like Monaco, a great tradition.

That aside, Michael just set a new track record today at Jerez: 1'15"650.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #79
Jabba
Regular User

Could that be just an excuse to bring it to London after the very successful demo show that was put on earlier in the year ??
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #80
mindgam3
Regular User

thats a big shame, i dont know why Bernie has dropped silverstone from the country which is bascially the center of F1. Ticket sales went up this year and by the F1 parade shows, theres enough fans willing to turn up. Real shame
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:56 AM   #81
sameerrao
Regular User

Jarno Trulli to drive for Toyota for the next two races ... Panis will join him in Suzuka and Zonta in Brazil.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #82
Toronto
Regular User

Flavio might by cothsworth with a french firm to keep them around for next year.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:29 AM   #83
yg60m
Regular User

I also read that, and maybe no french driver next year in F1

For the Bristish GP, i think it's a shame, it is one of the most interesting GP of every season
Money is not everything ... except for Bernie.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:28 AM   #84
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
I also read that, and maybe no french driver next year in F1

For the Bristish GP, i think it's a shame, it is one of the most interesting GP of every season
Money is not everything ... except for Bernie.
well i don't think the people running the GP really wanted to keep it around, it was only 5mill more, that is less then $35 increase in price for next season. that is 35 $ not pounds.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:19 PM   #85
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Bernie has said thta if they can figure it out and put a signed contract in his hands then Silverstone will be the 18th GP on the schedule. He says he doesn't care one way or the other, which to me is a pretty shitty stance to take on venues that your orginization goes to. Especially one that is liked by virtually 100% of the participants.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #86
Toronto
Regular User

BAR have been heard of trying to get into talking with Barrichello for next year.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:48 PM   #87
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
BAR have been heard of trying to get into talking with Barrichello for next year.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Barrichello has already said he won't leave Ferrari. He loves the team and despite being the no.2 driver, he is more favored by everyone at the factory, since he has learned italian so quickly and speaks like what, 6 other languages?

and when Michael retires, guess where that propels Rubens...no. 1 driver for the no. 1 team, biaatch so why leave for BAR?

the other question is, can BAR afford Rubens?

Old 10-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #88
sameerrao
Regular User

There might be drastic changes if the Button transfer doesnt go thru - maybe Fisi moves to Williams then ...

Anyway I hope Anthony Davidson gets a seat in a decent ride - preferably BAR - the guy is a pint sized gem...

Old 10-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #89
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Fisi is going to do anything he can to get a Ferrari seat. The more able car he gets, the better it will allow him to prove to S/F that he can win for them.

But i think RB is staying put.

i'm curious to see what will happen to the back of the grid drivers that got better seats this year. hopefully there will be more overtaking :roll:

Old 10-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #90
mindgam3
Regular User

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31363

Silverstone back on for next season.... provisionally
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote