Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 11-17-2004, 06:06 AM   #76
Evo
Regular User

Nice and clean..
By the way I am doing what you are doing by keeping the model in the box.. They really get dirty after few month's out ..
Old 11-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #77
gis
Regular User

thanks for the comments guys

owais i told you it was easier keepin them in the box's but the only poblem with it is space gets taken up quickly,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #78
gis
Regular User

Some new updated pics taken this morning.

Rally bred road cars

American muscle starting with the stangs

The vettes

Old 11-18-2004, 03:10 AM   #79
dingo
Regular User

nice pics mate...looking good.
I will hopefully get a new display case for my models this weekend so they won't have to hide in the boxes anymore....and be viewable without collecting dust.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:18 AM   #80
SilviaEvo
Regular User

*you are getting very sleepy when i say awake you will give me all your models AWAKE*
Old 11-18-2004, 08:18 AM   #81
gis
Regular User

LOL nice try silvia,i doubt ill say that any time soon.

dingo,i love to get a big cabinet with the glass front,they cost a dam fortune here and id really need to buy 2 maybe even 3 LOL

Old 01-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #82
gis
Regular User

Hey guys new model for me today and seen as its just after xmas the store was havin an after xmas/new year sale and 15% off all models.unfortunately i had just enough today for 1 model.i think i choose wisely....

The pics arent that great at all as its 11:44pm and i just got in,not the ideal time for pics.but if anyone woudl liek any more or different angles to see please dont hesitate to ask

BMW E30 M3 Sport Evolution

Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #83
Daggernite
Regular User

Hey Gis just spent around 15mins looking at this thread, and you have an impressive collection of models, its gotta be said. I also like collecting model, but I'm no where near the level your at, with just 10 models.
Im gathering autoart are the better models to go for? most of mine are maisto.
So yeah nice collection, like your pics too
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #84
gis
Regular User

Cheers mate.auto art are for sure one of the better brands.along with kyosho and minichamps in 1:18.

Thank you for your kind words.i like my collection a lot.only problem now is space....even if i take them out the box's and place them in a glass cabinet,i still have to store the box's and stands,lol and now with 53 1:18 models....space isnt exactly open to me,lol

Old 01-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #85
Daggernite
Regular User

I understand where your coming from, I have flat packed my boxs and put them above the wardrobe ,and the stands and platic bits are in a bag somewhere For me it started out just buying the cars I like, quality and all that was'nt a issue,so the models I have are all masito around £10-£25, but now I'm getting more into it, I'll have to get abit more advise from you when I go for the more exspensive ones.

I'll take a pic of my collection if you like so you know what I have, but I think you have most of what I have
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #86
gis
Regular User

sure post a pic,start your own topic even,thats what this section is for anyway.

i remember when i first started collecting,the first 2 models i ever got were a maisto vette Z06 and a Pontiac trans am firebird.both were about £20 i think and they were a birthday present from my dad,at the time it was just a little shop that didnt deal with the big manufacturers and i had no idea of auto art or kyosho etc etc so i had no intention of buying them,but then i found a shop in lytham st annes (you should have heard of that place daggernite) if you visit there any tiem i can tell u the shop name and stuff.but i found that place and saw the other models available and i bought an auto art skyline for £40.......at first i was liek WTF did i just do spendning £20 more than the other models but when i looked closely and stuff,that extra bit of detail makes it worh just sitting on your side and lookin at them.

im same as you,i buy the cars i would like to own in real life or drive.
if u wanna chat more about them,feel free to add me to your MSN or sunthin,if u have any questions that is

Old 01-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #87
dingo
Regular User

aren't you a helpful guy gis.....good to see
A nice addition for you, I'm assuming this is an Autoart? How is the interior on this one?
I am like you, I just buy the cars I would like to own - I don't really try to collect a certain make or series. My next model will be something a little more rare - hopefully if things work out.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #88
gis
Regular User

lol follow my guidence,im converting daggernite into one of us dingo,lol

yes the model is an auto art,one of the millenium edition versions,and the interior is pretty nice with carpet,lol of course
tell u what i did see that i was shocked at,it was a very limited production 1:18 mclaren SLR hand built with 852 peices or sumthin and it was £162 :shock: i wonder who makes that

Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #89
dingo
Regular User

£162 :shock: thats about $AU 400 I think.....must be pretty good for that price....I think I'll try and stay away from such expensive models. Didn't it have the name of the manufacturer on the box, or didn't you have a proper look?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 AM   #90
gis
Regular User

Your right dani,everything looks great on this model.i like it........i feel a BMW M series group shot pic coming on later this afternoon,lol

dingo - i didnt see the manufacturer on the box no,the shop i go to has them all out of there box's in big glass cabinets and just a small description of what the model is and the price,but no manufacturer,you can usually guess by the price but £162 for a 1:18 is a lot so i had no idea,they had it in a maroon colour and in black,in black it looked fantastic