Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Any by us I was of course referring to a friend....
Huh? Is this in response to admitting to commiting a felony on a public forum?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #77
Zot09
Regular User

The E90's are deffinitly sick, but where in the hell can you find a low mileage 330i for around 30k??? Base price was around 38k, and then add ZSP and ZPP and you already have a 42k car. If you can, deffinitly go for the E90 dude!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #78
mit5005
Regular User

Well the cheapest I have seen near me is 34k, so after bargaining a little and considering I wont sell my car for another month, maybe prices will drop a little.

If not I think I might be willing to pay the extra for the bimmer. But I wanna drive the bimmer first and the lexus again during the day; I'll probably be 95% sure then of what I want, and the last 5% will be when I ready to buy with money in hand.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #79
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by mit5005
Well the cheapest I have seen near me is 34k, so after bargaining a little and considering I wont sell my car for another month, maybe prices will drop a little.

If not I think I might be willing to pay the extra for the bimmer. But I wanna drive the bimmer first and the lexus again during the day; I'll probably be 95% sure then of what I want, and the last 5% will be when I ready to buy with money in hand.
It’s 34k, but with what options? Like I stated above, a 330i w/ ZSP and ZPP is already 42k. Add in metallic paint ($500), PDC, a few accessories and that is another $1k. If it's got a good amount of options (definitely need ZSP!!!), low mileage, and looks clean, go for it! But you might want to consider what you are going to do with it after the warranty is up. You might want to look into a CPO E90.

I've driven the E90 325i(sure it's not the 330i, but they ride similarly), the IS250 (again, not the IS350, but they ride similarly too), and the E46 330i w/ ZHP. The E90 was just awesome; it was very comfortable and had many nice features, plus the excellent BMW handling and I-6. The IS250 was very comfortable, but it lacked in the performance/handling section. The E46 w/ ZHP had the most hardcore suspension out of all, and was much more driver oriented than the E90, but it is starting to age and looks a tad bit dated compared to the E90 (looks are subjective, but I believe the E46 has a classic BMW look that cannot go old, while the new E90's are trying to get a radical new-age design that may not age well. But it sure does look damn nice right now, especially with those 162 wheels). Out of your three choices, I would go with the E90 first, and then the IS350 and E46 would be pretty close. I think the IS350 would just be slightly higher than the E46 because it is newer and a bit faster in the straights.

I recently went through your situation; it was between the TSX, IS250, and 325i. I was pretty darn close to getting the new 325i(ZSP, STEP, Adaptive Xenons, Metallic Paint, and Leather), but I decided to back out at the last moment while we were inside the SA's office making a deal. I realized I didn't need a 40k car at my age, and settled with the TSX (Alabaster Silver Metallic, Ebony Leather, 5AT, and Nav) , which I got on Saturday (post coming soon! I'm having a photo shoot with my friends E46 on Friday, so I'll try to post it on Saturday/Sunday).

Ultimately, it's up to you, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three. Best of luck, especially on that E90! Mmm mmm
Old 12-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #80
Mattk
Regular User

but I decided to back out at the last moment while we were inside the SA's office making a deal.
Damn, he must've been pissed.

From what I know, if you are planning to sell the car after a while, get cars with plenty of options to maintain the resale value. Try not to get a car that's very recently used, or you'll still get killed by depreciation.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:57 AM   #81
mit5005
Regular User

The one I mentioned for 34k has both packages and metallic paint and around 19k miles on it.

Is the power difference that noticable between the 06 325i and 330i?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #82
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
but I decided to back out at the last moment while we were inside the SA's office making a deal.
Damn, he must've been pissed.
He knew that he would sell the car anyways if we didn't buy it, he even said that to us verbally! haha We didn't say straight up that we did not want it, we just simply said that we would come back later after thinking about it. He wasn't that bad of a SA, in fact he was pretty nice, but that comment seemed a bit arrogant to me. Sure, it's true, but still...
Old 12-19-2006, 02:28 AM   #83
Zot09
Regular User

The one I mentioned for 34k has both packages and metallic paint and around 19k miles on it.

Not a bad price, and of course you could knock that down a bit more. If you plan on getting a new car within the warranty period, go for it! If you plan on keeping it a bit longer, look for a CPO. I heard that BMW's mechanical reliability is not that bad at all, it is just there electrical stuff that goes haywire more often.

As for the 325i or 330i question, it all depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for a comfortable daily driver and weekend track car? Then the 330i is for you...255hp, 2xx lb-ft tq, bigger brakes than the 325i, 0-60 in 5.6 I believe, etc. If you're looking for a daily driver, with a decent amount of punch and highway passing power, then save your money and buy the 325i. Even though it "only" has 215hp, it is still a pretty "fast" car. I believe a 6MT 325i can do 0-60 in the low 6's(6.1-ish) which is not bad at all for a car with that amount of power.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 AM   #84
oscargarza88
Regular User

A legacy GT spec B!
its fast, AWD, leather, GPS... u should check it out
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:56 AM   #85
Mattk
Regular User

^I've heard the controls for the variable power thing is worse than iDrive and that the engine is not refined.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #86
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

I've found the car for you: a 2000 BMW M5 It's 32k exactly!

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/bmw/m5/

BMW: 2000 M5, carbon black, black interior, 29,000 miles, rebuilt car, $32,000.
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #87
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
^I've heard the controls for the variable power thing is worse than iDrive and that the engine is not refined.
its actually very easy, it only has 3 modes, so it is a knob with 3 settings... not the most sofisticated system but effective.
and the engine, well it has the same one as the impreza... with 243 hp, i have an STi and the engine is more than refined
but if u can get a 2000 M5 for the same amount... i think even i would go for the M5...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #88
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

FYI, the E90 325 and 330 have the same 3.0L inline six engine. I believe the only difference is the air intake.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #89
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

FYI, the E90 325 and 330 have the same 3.0L inline six engine. I believe the only difference is the air intake.
Not just the air intake, but the exhaust and ECU tuning. Most of the power comes from the ECU tuning I believe.

EDIT: So you could make your 325i into a 330i if you buy the intake, exhaust, 330i ECU, brakes, wheels, chrome window trim, and chrome grill slats. I also believe the makers of the transmissions are different between the 325i and 330i. Plus, if you didn't buy Adapative Xenons and Logic7 Sound System with the 325i, you would have to add that too. But after all that, I think, you could transform your 325i into a 330i hahaha Whoops, can't forget the "330i" badging hahaha
Old 12-21-2006, 01:19 AM   #90
mit5005
Regular User

haha I would rather just pay the extra for the 330i.

So today I went to Acura and tried the TL; its a really nice car for the price, and way roomier than both the IS and 3 series. But I dont really like the front wheel drive and I like the look of the other two better also.

Listen to this; I went to the bmw used department and it was around 7 and the salesman that helped me didn't let me drive the car since I'm not under my own insurance and it was night time. And he said if I wanted to finance under my name, they wouldnt let me because I'm on a family insurance plan, this is BS right?

Oh and also he said its technically illegal for a parent to finance a car and give it to their kid. Even if this is true or not I dont think I would ever buy from this dealer.