Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #61
nthfinity
Regular User

well, M. Shumacher is a close second til i see him rally...

as it seems that rally is one of the must unpredictable versions of motorsport, i would go with Petter Solberg as he is still on the up as a rising star... even though he won last years WRC. i suppose that helps a little
Old 04-30-2004, 01:51 PM   #62
niedi
Regular User

Walter Röhrl because he was the best rally driver.
I have a dvd with a clip from the special stage of Arganil (Portugal Rallye 1980) where he drives through dense fog at an incredible speed.
niedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:21 PM   #63
N.J.
Regular User

Originally Posted by niedi
Walter Röhrl because he was the best rally driver.
I have a dvd with a clip from the special stage of Arganil (Portugal Rallye 1980) where he drives through dense fog at an incredible speed.
Wow!!! :shock:

That sounds unreal!

I remember him being one heck of a rally driver.

p.s

That man is a freak because its normally recommended that before anyone goes and does a hotlap of the giant Nurburgring, they should do 100 laps there first to learn the 176 corners properly - Walter was confident after 2 laps!!!
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:31 PM   #64
jorge
Regular User

Senna is the best for me, everyone liked him!!!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:27 PM   #65
McLarenboy

A lot of people are talking about Michael Schumacher, but i don't think that he is that special - it's just his car which makes him shine, so put an equally talented driver in his ferrari and he/she wouldn't be far off

my favorite driver is Mika Hakkinen, class act all the way - the perfect gentlemen driver, shows his emotions from time to time, overtakes without hitting anybody,.... will never be beaten!

another thing about schumacher is that today he's driving on experience, not feeling - and now a days he just wants to beat every record there is, and that bothers me a lot
the point is to show your good at the game, not to be on top of the game forever - but the good thing is, drivers like schumacher are coming to F1 so in some time, he's name won't be at the top of the list anymore
Old 06-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #66
McLarenboy

and don't nobody dare to compare schumi with senna
senna: manual gearbox while driving with one hand, no traction control, clutch management, no possibility to immensly change the setup of the car whilst driving,

schumi: power steering, traction control, shifting with both hands on steering wheel, launch control, speedlimiter, possible to change the setup from inside the car,

yea right, difficult to pick the most impressive driver
Old 06-11-2004, 03:44 PM   #67
Sm@ck
Regular User

Ari Vatanen... Great driver, imo. Even greater personality.
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:53 PM   #68
5.7 V10
Regular User

Off all time.

Juan Manuel fangio, true legend.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #69
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

In Formula 1 for me Ayrton Senna has been the best driver ever....in my opinion, we ve never been able to see the limits of him.....whereas rallying, i think that Carlos Sainz has been the best ever driver
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #70
Apac102
Regular User

Patrick Long becuase he's my age (19) and he has raced in le mans and other top league races. Of course MS for F1, but for my underdog in F1 it would have to be Heidfield; he seems like he will be the next big name after all the other ones leave. For WRC, it is Colin McRae
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #71
TopGearNL
Regular User

My favorite is Jenson Button, I like him alot and I think that there always should be a British F1 racer in the championship.
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #72
fabro_s
Regular User

Senna, RIP, a Legend!!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #73
chipanggo
Regular User

it's michael schumacher for me. he is just unbelievable. dare i say, the greatest.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #74
ingko
Regular User

My favorite driver is Juan Pablo Montoya. Thats right haters. Just think, if he actually worked out like all the skinny drivers, he'd be even faster. Plus he is known to be faster than Schumacher...Ralf.

I'd like to see all the f1 drivers race in similar spec gokarts or cart cars just to see who is actually the best. And yes, I respect the wins that Schumacher has, but I don't respect the way his codrivers are signed to as his bitches.

As for all time, I'd say Senna with Rossi a close 2nd.
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:43 PM   #75
abbor
Regular User

That have to be Solberg.. He never act like a robot, and often say funny things, like when he's asked if he can drive the 20 secs or something Groenholms is leading with, and say loud and clear in english: "No, he's got WAY too much lead..." Then he goes on in norwegian: "I'm only psyching him out, of course I can do it." Then he give full throttle, as he always does, and wins the rally!!!
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote