Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #61
SilverandColdS4
Regular User

how is PoP man?
SilverandColdS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:29 PM   #62
gis
Regular User

yeah novass how is prince of persia,the TV ad is on all the time here and it does look pretty funky.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:32 AM   #63
HoboPie
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SilverandColdS4
dont cheat it takes the fun of the challenge out of the game...
For me there is no fun in doing the same race over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again as the badly programmed AI punts you into the first turn while you try take and keep to a clean racing line.

So finishing with all silver or average bronze and then unlocking other stuff is not cheating.

Since the Action Replay is simply a way to upload a saved game to XBox from a download on your PC - it's not actually cheating - you are simply getting someone elses saved game.

And anyone who says they had fun beating the entire game on Platinum just to get the Speed 12 is a bald faced liar... and probably unemployed because it takes hours repeatedly attacking the Nordschleife over and aver again

I should get that XBox live thing cranked up so I can try some real people...

Not quite, I finally just beat the world series with all golds and the first thing I did was take 12 or so cars and see how fast I could make them go around the ring. First lap only admittedly, but there were some restarts in there too.

I'm not saying I will be able to beat the game on platinum though.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:47 AM   #64
novass
Regular User

Prince of Persia was great, kind of short but a lot of fun. You can run along walls, swing from ropes, climb all sorts of shit and you get to grab a lot of poles LOL. its a fun game. the levels look really good, the control is really easy to get used too and being able to rewind time in this kind of game is fantastic. The fighting is also pretty good, lots of multi-person bashing.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:04 AM   #65
666fast
Regular User

Cho, if you've only managed 82 seconds around the test track in the Enzo, you have some practicing to do! I did it with the Enzo in 50 seconds!

I've completed the Arcade section with nothing below Silver. I didn't manage any platinums though, just a mix of silver and gold.
I started the World Series mode the other day, I've managed a bunch of platinum medals on it. I guess it's easier in World Series mode.
I think my Kudos rank is 27 or something , I forget. All I know is this game is a blast! I still have a pile of Kudos Tokens, I've only bought a few cars.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:38 AM   #66
adlinyusman
Regular User

yea i did the enzo in 46.52 seconds and the Koenigsegg on 42.31

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:44 AM   #67
SilverandColdS4
Regular User

Thx for the info Nova... and BTW i guarantee getting platinums in PG2 is not as hard as getting gold in some of the Gran Turismo license tests and I will never cheat on those.
SilverandColdS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:38 AM   #68
cho_888
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Cho, if you've only managed 82 seconds around the test track in the Enzo, you have some practicing to do! I did it with the Enzo in 50 seconds!

I've completed the Arcade section with nothing below Silver. I didn't manage any platinums though, just a mix of silver and gold.
I started the World Series mode the other day, I've managed a bunch of platinum medals on it. I guess it's easier in World Series mode.
I think my Kudos rank is 27 or something , I forget. All I know is this game is a blast! I still have a pile of Kudos Tokens, I've only bought a few cars.
sorry i ment 52, and that was the day i got it. I am almost finished but i am trying to take it slow, so as not to wear out the game
Old 12-01-2003, 06:46 AM   #69
cho_888
Regular User

and 666fast have you got your cable connection back up?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:49 AM   #70
gis
Regular User

dam u guys must just be playin it non stop.lol.im takin it slow and im just up to the roadster one,half way through it actually.i dont want to fly through it,i want to make the game last as long as i can.so far im kudos rank 19,no less than silver medals,from what i remember,i have 8 silver,29 gold and 9 platinum.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:57 AM   #71
cho_888
Regular User

yeah when i get a game i lie, it takes priority
Old 12-02-2003, 02:59 AM   #72
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
and 666fast have you got your cable connection back up?
Nope, I've tried calling them but it isn't getting my anywhere. It's wierd, they cut off my cable internet but not the cable TV. The cool thing is I haven't revieved a bill for anything since it happened. I guess Im getting free cable TV untill it's all sorted out. Which is hopefully soon, I'm tried of waiting hours for shit to finish downloading. That and I want to play online with my Xbox.

As for PGR2, I'm up to the SUV part of the World Series. I haven't had much time to play, hopefully soon I can actually sit down and play it. I've been so busy lately, it just blows. I spend as much time as I can online, but lately, shits all fucked up for me. I HAVE to find a new job, but that isn't going to well.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:16 AM   #73
cho_888
Regular User

Just finished the game! although most on bronze, i have 52 tokens spare and i am going to do it harder in a moment. 666fast you need your cable! It is so much better with live! When ever you post a fast lap time it posts it on a leaderboard and there is space for 30 downloadable cars! mutiplayer is unreal with hardly any lag and vocie is crystal like normal.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:09 AM   #74
Matty
Regular User

my brother is braging because he is bad at it and i am good
Old 12-02-2003, 06:34 AM   #75
cho_888
Regular User

lol, my borther matt is what we call an all round retard. he talks things up heaps but i can asure you that he sucks real bad. do you know how far he is though the game? well he has no kudos tokens and no medals. funny huh