Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #61
a007apl
Regular User

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #62
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ I like the look of the red countach!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #63
lambocars
Regular User

Brand new, Bburago 1/18 Gallardo Spyder has just been released.
I ordered both the black metallic and the yellow version, look forward to seeing how they are finished.

Can't wait for AutoArt or Kyosho to come with something similar, also the LP640 Coupe and Roadster would be nice in 1/18th scale.

I'll post photo's when I get the cars.

Mark
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 AM   #64
lambocars
Regular User

Hello,

received the two Bburago models yesterday by DHL, nicely packed. Took a few quick photographs with my trusty old PowerShot to share with you, these aren't the best photo's, I will make some new ones soon with the dslr, but for now these will do.

quality and finishing is better than the white Maisto model, that's for sure, especially the interior and the engine bay, all in all a nice model that's not too expensive (paid $20 each)

Mark
Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #65
MUS911
Regular User

awsome :shock:
Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #66
DI48LO
Regular User

About quality...
My first scale model was a Bburago Diablo. Back then there was no other brand. I now have a Maisot Murcie Roadster and Coupe. Bburago models are not available anymore (I don't know why), but I compared my Murci with my friens' Bburago Murci and there's quite a lot of difference. The Maisto exterior is much better (except the air vents) but the interior is way too unaccurate. At least in case of the Coupe. The Roadster's interior is pretty good.
No I plan to buy a Gallardo, but I can't spend so much to buy an AutoArt. I won't buy a Maisto and I don't reccomend it for noone, because the interior is the worst I ever saw. What brand would you suggest?
DI48LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #67
a007apl
Regular User

Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #68
lambocars
Regular User

Originally Posted by DI48LO
About quality...
My first scale model was a Bburago Diablo. Back then there was no other brand. I now have a Maisot Murcie Roadster and Coupe. Bburago models are not available anymore (I don't know why), but I compared my Murci with my friens' Bburago Murci and there's quite a lot of difference. The Maisto exterior is much better (except the air vents) but the interior is way too unaccurate. At least in case of the Coupe. The Roadster's interior is pretty good.
No I plan to buy a Gallardo, but I can't spend so much to buy an AutoArt. I won't buy a Maisto and I don't reccomend it for noone, because the interior is the worst I ever saw. What brand would you suggest?
Problem is that Bburago doesn't have the Gallardo in 1/18th, only in 1/24th scale, which isn't too bad, but I prefer 1/18 scale models for in our living room. The only Gallardo that's worth having is the AutoArt one, and that's way overpriced in my opinion, it has a plastic doors !! ... so for the money you can't go wrong with the Maisto model, just cut out the gear shift lever and modify it ... it's way toooo large !

I have the black AutoArt Gallardo, with the glass engine cover, and I was actually a little disappointed by the quality of this rather expensive model, sure the scale and detailing is great, but putting plastic doors in kinda surprized me. Recently I also bought the white metallic Gallardo from AutoArt (together with their white metallic Murcie) and I have the impression it's better finished ... could only be my impression, but it just looks and feels better.

Their Murcie coupe and Roadster are the best ... no doubt about that !
I'm now looking for the black Diablo GTR, it's getting rare these days, and still expensive.

Mark
Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #69
mazmazmaz1
Regular User

DI48LO wrote:
About quality...
As Lambocars said you have the choice between Autoart and Maisto.
I have both, and for sure AA is better (the paint, interior, finishing...).
On the other hand, I believe Maisto did a satisfactory job with their Gallardo (I didnt like the gear lever, and it looks better with side windows like in the AA model); however, iterms of scaling and shaping it comes close to the AA model.

As for the Murcielago model, its Autoart and only Autoart. The maisto model is crap, I had 3 models and got them replaced with AAs for the following reasons: glossy bumper grills, unrealistic trunk cover shape, non opening air intakes, big rear wheels....). I havent bought a Bburago Murcielago but from the one I saw on display, I felt the wheels are too small.

By the way I liked your Bburago spyders. If you can please post more detailed pics and comments on their quality.

Thanks
mazmazmaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #70
a007apl
Regular User

Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #71
a007apl
Regular User

Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #72
a007apl