Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #61
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Update!

Sorry for the delay, but we have been very busy.

Pic of the shop, Firebird T/A, the black HEMI roadrunner we are restoring, and the red car is a 442 W-30.

Chevelle SS396, 4 speed. Real, documented, with broadcast sheet. Very nice car, I installed power steering and A/C on it.

Me at work! in the background you will see the white camaro SS, and the teal/blue car is a camaro RS/SS, and you can see the TransAm, and the Roadrunner, and a GTO way in the back.

Mark the master at work. Everyday I work I learn so much, He has been doing this for over 30+ years, and is the owner or the shop. Pictured here building a 455 for the 442.

Trans-Am, 4pseed car, very nice.

65 'vette

Camaro SS 396, cool color.

All the parts to install the A/C kits we do in front of a chevelle before I started the Installation, typically on a 105 degree AZ day these will blow 32-36 degrees out of the vents!

Real Shelby GT500, this is my current project, it is undergoing a partial restoration.

Green Charger. Cool color, nice car.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #62
nthfinity
Regular User

very cool,

in fact, very very cool

thanks for sharing, paul
Old 05-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #63
ZfrkS62
Regular User

>digs around in room for a minute and pulls out wallet< ok....i'll give you...$15.78 for the Charger

dude...you lucky, lucky, lucky (did i mention lucky?) bastard. If i was guaranteed a job at that shop, i would move back there in a heart beat

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:01 AM   #64
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

gets my vote for best thread ever. some of the nicest musclecars I've seen.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #65
silentm
Regular User

damn you lucky SOB, probably one of the greatest jobs out there for a petrolhead
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #66
ARMAN
Regular User

wow incredible amount of gorgeous cars how it is possible I missed that topic? :shock: cobras from previous page are to kill for
thanx for sharing "inside" pics with us Paul

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #67
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

You're lucky for working on these beauties 8) even if the job of mechanics isnot very exciting everyday .... my best friend is also a mechanic
Iv' never heard or seen or readen there's an '69 camaro SS, with a 502 :shock: It must be powerful
The GT500 is ops: .... but i like the 454 black Chevelle (i, orange it's very ârticular i think) and the green Charger is ops: too but my fav is the AC Cobra 8) I'd real like to do a ride in a car like this....because in Europa, american muscle car are very very appreciated and rare I even donit talk about price
Old 05-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #68
novass
Regular User

Muscle car heaven! I want that white Camaro and the red/black Chevelle and...ah screw it...I want all of them!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #69
pitfield
Regular User

So beautiful, I've never driven anything muscle, I suppose the nearest I've been is SL55 and 65 AMG, Cayenne Turbo S. I'd love to have a go, it'd have to be manual though. Suprised that some are autos, I know it's the states but the torque those bad boys must make! If MB have to use the old 5 speed auto for the beefier V12 and SC V8s? Those cars are 30 years old!! Wonderful.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #70
PaulGT2164
Regular User

the 69 camaro is a very cool car, its a real ss396 car, but as stated earlier its been bored/stroked to 502ci

its also a original A/C car, the only thing i do not like about it is the fact it is a automatic.

Ill have alot more pics of the gt500 since thats my current project, the interior has already been removed, and tuesday the engine/trans will be pulled, then I am welding in new floorpans
Old 05-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #71
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Here is another update! just a few pics of some stuff at the shop!

this is a 'Cuda AAR.....its very similar to the Challenger T/A we recently completed ( i posted a few pics, the bright blue car) it was a limited production run in only one year (about 2197 ever made) this one is undergoing "the Works"

We just got the body back from paint, and can start assembly.

Here is the current progress on the Hemi Roadrunner 4 speed we are doing. Its getting near to being complete. This car orginally had only 12k miles on it!

Motor is in and nearly ready to breathe its first breath in a long long time!

the interior is coming along!

and the cool hood....

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #72
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Sorry for the crappy pics! haha dont know what was up with the camera (sony Dsc-h5)5
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #73
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Here is the pics from the "restomod" challenger we done.

this car converted to fuel injection via a ACCEL DFI aftermarket fuel injection, and with modern brakes, suspension, etc

this was done for a shop demo car, to show what we can do

pics from beginning to end:

as you can see, it was in bad shape when we got a hold of it (and cheap!)

After being stripped, we mount'er up on the rotisserie. This was done at our other (old) shop.

After media blasting

after the bodywork was fixed, panels replaces, and all that good stuff, it was time to paint!

While the car was in the paint booth, it was time to assemble the "K" member, which holds the front suspension, brakes, and serves as a cradle for the engine. We have a homemade "dolly" that we use to build the the front suspension, brakes, engine, and transmission on, then we lower the body onto the K member, makes it a snap!

Ceramic coated headers to help the Big 426 hemi breathe.

Valve train:

Limited slip to help put down 500-600+ hp

Rear end in place

Prepping to drop the body on the K member

Down it goes!

Then the radiator, only the best!

The fuel system : dual 1000CFM 4 barrel throttle bodyies, Fuel rails, and Injection!

Underside!

Then the interior!

And when its all done, its one badass car......

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #74
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Gooduck,

it really depends on the car, the condition, and the detail. a basic resto can be as little as 25k for something like a mustang or other popular car

when you get into the complete frame off restos, where the car is completely disassembled it gets into some money. we have done restorations that were as much as 140K for rare, hard to find, small production cars. The average is about 50-65k.

the term restoration is also a very "grey" term. Some shops go over the frame with some spray paint, order new interior, and do a tune up and call it done.

Most restorations we do are much more complex, as you can see in the challenger above, and they can get more complicated when you are dealing with something like a "numbers matching" car.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #75
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Wow.. amazing work Paul.

How many man hours did it take to resurrect that Challenger from the dead?