Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #676
Bernardo
Regular User

Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #677
styla21
Regular User

Can't wait!! Any idea what they are?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #678
Bernardo
Regular User

Its written in the botton: "The new BMW 7 series.Coming soon."

I think it'll look great, lets also don't forget that BMW already confirmed the production of the 4-door-coupe based on the CS concept, and if the 7 series is using its front end so much like it the ones in the concept, i'm thinking on the possibility of this 4-door-coupe be a variant of the 7-series instead of an all new series.And also, it won't be only based on the CS concept, but actually be the concept itself.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #679
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Next gen iDrive doesn't look like an iDrive, does it?

According to Bimmerfile, the new iDrive interface will take a cue from one of our favorite in-dash control units – Audi's MMI – with a new interface that has a similar list design and selection system. The screen resolution is higher, which makes the maps and text "more visually appealing" and the submenus are reportedly "more like bookmarks," which should facilitate an easier flow of information.

The new display will also allow show maps in full screen, rather than the split screen in the previous version of iDrive, and radio and CD functions are now available in two separate menus. When playing a CD, the current song will be displayed in a "frame" at the top of the screen, with the list of tracks shown below it.

The major revision, aside from a new phonebook contact list that allows for multiple numbers, is the date, time and radio station bar migrating from the iDrive screen into a central mounted display nestled between the two gauges on the dash. This is one feature that Audi's MMI has had for a few years and is a very welcome addition to the new iDrive. We'll hopefully have official information about the new system in a few days.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #680
Bernardo
Regular User

Originally Posted by WCF
2009 BMW 3-Series Facelift Brochure Scans Leaked

Back in the days before the Internet “brochure leak” became commonplace, some of you WCF veterans from the old GermanCarFans.com days might remember the BMW E90 3-Series Slovenian brochure leak incident back in 2004. GCF was one of the first to break the story, and we received international coverage from major news outlets around the globe. It was an important moment in WCF history.

True to the original, it seems the same has happened again, but this time for the E90 facelift. A nostalgic tear rolls down our cheek as BMW enthusiast site, Bimmerfile.com, has obtained scans of the 2009 BMW 3-Series mid-cycle facelift.

With an unveiling in Paris and market launch before the end of the year, the 3-Series makeover shows a redesigned front bumper with reshaped kidney grilles, resculpted hood lines, redesigned front headlamps and taillamps.

Inside minor changes plus new trim materials are expected as well as iDrive becoming optional. Engines will remain the same, although some tweaks and improvements for fuel efficiency and emissions will be announced.

Overall, subtle changes, yet strong enough to communicate a fresh new look.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #681
ae86_16v
Regular User

Not much difference at all. I thought they were going to go with the E92 Coupe's headlights like the M3?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #682
blue8
Regular User

The rear of the 3-series was never my favorite part of the car. With this facelift they made it even worse!!! What's with BMW? The rear of their recent designs (1-series coupe, 7-series) are hideous.

More pics here:
http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/2009-3-series/

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #683
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Yeah, that is pretty nasty. The old one was much better, but that isn't really saying much.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #684
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Autoblog
The CEO of BMW M GmbH, Ludwig Willisch, spilled his guts to Auto-Motor-und-Sport in a recent interview about the future of BMW's high-performance M division. The news was good, bad, and downright dumbfounding. For the good, Willish mentioned that future M-models will include high-revving turbocharged engines, and offer ceramic brakes.

The bad news is that there will be no E91 M3 Touring, E92 M3 CSL, or M1 Concept. Apparently, BMW doesn't feel there is enough of a market to support those vehicles. The perplexing news is that BMW is currently working on M-versions of the X5 and X6 (apparently to answer a question that enthusiasts have yet to ask).

While we cannot control the electrochemical signals being sent between neurons within BMW's think tank, we can continue to hope that BMW doesn't dilute the M-brand the way Mercedes-Benz has with AMG.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/29/t...5-x6-and-less/

, that's some disappointing news.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #685
styla21
Regular User

Wow, interesting ae86.
I can't accept it though.. That is such a strange role-reversal from all previous statements made in the past that it's just not acceptable.
I can't see an M- X5 at all; really hope that doesn't eventuate.
Really hope the CSL does however. Considering the success of the former version, and of MB's black series it would make sense and has a market.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #686
Bernardo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Autoblog
BMW tightens up the M6 with new Competition Package

The BMW 6-Series is a lot of car, and while the 5.0-liter V10 in the M6 does a remarkable job of moving it around, critics have said it could use some help. Reports now indicate that the M division is giving it some help in the form of a new Competition Package.

The pseudo-CSL gets a new active suspension and a ride height lowered by 12mm up front and 10mm in the back, along with new wheels and a new front hood to set it apart from the standard model. With or without the Competition Package, however, the entire M6 range (coupe and convertible) gets new side mirrors, a new electronics package controlled by the revised iDrive system and a new shade of black for the exterior. While we're not sure the new option pack would prompt us to take the M6 Competition Package racing as its name suggests, it does make the big sports-coupe that much more tempting.
I agree..BMW should have at least one CSL version of either the M3 or the M6 to fight agaisnt the black series mercs..and I can't see why there isn't market for the M1 If there is plenty for the SLR.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #687
Dubai
Regular User

the "335i" logo at the back is really off it's place, very close to the bimmer logo!
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #688
Bernardo
Regular User

Originally Posted by WORLDCARFANS
BMW Shelves Plans for E92 M3 CSL

We are sorry to have to bring you the gut-wrenching news that has surfaced today. M Division boss Luwig Willisch has confirmed that the pure performance orientated E92 BMW M3 CSL will NOT make it to production. BMW believes that there will be insufficient demand for the model and will instead focus its efforts of the M Division on the M versions of the X5 and X6.
The lighter and more performance orientated CSL (Coupe Sport Lightweight) was expected to drop in weight by up to 100kg due to the use of much lighter materials for its components and rumours also stated a power rating of 450bhp-470bhp could have been achieved.
The news follows previous confirmations that the premium automaker will not create a rival to the Audi R8 or a production version of the M1 Homage concept, yet they still promote the the slogan “Ultimate driving machine”. Perhaps "Money Making Machine" would suit them better?
Please note the image shown is the previous generation E46 M3 CSL
Who on earth would rather have an M3 CSL over a freacking pointless X5 M? Or even more pointless the X6 M, which is already pointless in the normal versions.I really don't know what BMW have on their minds..X1? that PAS thing? What happened to the sports oriented brand that I used to love?I hope It doesnt get as bad as mercs..or they already are?at least benz have the black series and SLR..
Old 08-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #689
ae86_16v
Regular User

Yeah seriously. That is just bad news for BMW. Looks like they are trying to focus on their cash cows instead of focusing on racing. Definitely looks like auto-sport has taken a back seat in Munich now.

In fact, the M versions of the X5 and X6 goes against everything that is M.

Funny tidbit, I would've though I see X6s everywhere now especially down here in Southern California, but guess what? I have seen a GRAND Total of 1. That's right, only 1 of them. Looks like BMW got a dud on their hands.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #690
fordgt84
Regular User

Final Current-Generation BMW Z4 Rolls off Production Line

This past Thursday the final BMW Z4 of the current generation rolled off the production line at BMW's Spartanburg manufacturing plant in North Carolina. It marks the end of an era for the facility which has built more than 200,000 Z4s over the past seven years with production being shifted over to Germany for the new model.
“It’s been a great car for the plant and although the BMW Z4 put us on the map, it doesn't define us” said Bobby Hitt, BMW Manufacturing spokesman referring to the future plans of the facility.
The plant is currently undergoing a massive $750 million expansion which will add a 1.2 million square foot assembly facility as well as expand the paint shop. The results will see the X5, X6 and the next generation X3 assembled at the plant.
The next generation model is expected to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, it may be unveiled as a concept version initially but as with previous BMW concepts (M3,X6), styling would not differ much come production time. BMW will continue to offer a large range of engines which will include the twin-turbo 3.0-liter from the 335i and the Z4 M is set to get the new 4.0 liter V8 from the M3. There are also rumours of a diesel being available.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080902....roduction-line

so it's the end of the road for the Z4, i must say i really like the Z4 coupe, i like how the cabin cocoons you and makes u feel like a part of the machine (then again i am skinny as hell, many would say it's cramped... clarkson for instance)
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote