Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #586
Just_me
Regular User

i found this interlagosblue M3

Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #587
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

wow! beautiful! there's no other word for it...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #588
blue8
Regular User

The second shot is perfect!!!
The M3 looks great in Interlagos Blue and Alpine White! I can't decide which one is better...

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #589
blue8
Regular User

Alpine White

This is the best color for the M3!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 AM   #590
Igorionia
Regular User

:wanker:

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 AM   #591
blue8
Regular User

^It's very similar to the current one but this rendering looks great!!!

BMW will be converting the Z4 into a coupe-convertible with a folding metal hardtop when it introduces the next-gen model in early 2009. Recent spy shots of a prototype testing new Munich showed a car with a familiar shape to the current Z4. Short rear overhangs and a long hood characterized the test-mule but it also featured a new folding roof and was slightly larger than the current model. This is in-line with BMW’s plans to reposition the next Z4 into a higher price point as it makes way for the introduction of a smaller entry-level Z car.

As reported yesterday, production of the new Z4 will be handled by BMW’s Regensburg plant in Germany. The move will enable BMW to produce volume sellers, such as its SUV models, in the US and take advantage of the favourable exchange rate. At the same time, low volume premium models like the new Z4 will be manufactured at plants in Germany.

A couple of years after the Z4 is launched in ‘09, BMW will add the potent M version of the car. This new model is in-line to receive the new high-rev 4.0L V8 engine that debuts in the new M3. Other engines for the new Z4 range will include the 300hp twin-turbo six, as well as the smaller 2.5L naturally aspirated petrol six.

This artist’s rendition of the car gives us a good indication as to what the final styling may look. BMW is expected to introduce styling derived from the CS concept across much of the range and this should also be visible on the Z4.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #592
EnzoLover
Regular User

Link with some photos

http://www.4rodas1volante.com/2007/0...-s-claras.html

This are new to me... and that X6 Series are agressive !!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #593
DeMoN
Regular User

^ Woah the camo pics look sh!t and the actual pic looks awesome. This will, forever, change me judging camoed cars.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #594
Bernardo
Regular User

/\ 666% agreed.
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #595
blue8
Regular User

Next-gen Z4:

Old 08-24-2007, 02:56 AM   #596
thepest
Regular User

^ looks pretty aggressive, better and better every time I see it. Can't wait to see the final product! thanks

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #597
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by thepest
^ looks pretty aggressive, better and better every time I see it. Can't wait to see the final product! thanks
Looks a lot bigger too, I guess they are sizing up to make room for a Z2.

I hate how it is a necessity for car manufacturers to make bigger and bigger cars.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #598
blue8
Regular User

A new BMW X5 prototype has surface in Munich, and this one shows definite signs of a coming M-treatment. A new front bumper features revised front air-intakes designed to send more cooling air to the engine bay and brakes. At the rear is another all-important clue: Four exhaust tips now poke out the back, in a much lower position than on the standard X5. The four-exhaust treatment is a key M design element, and their placement on this prototype looks to be right in line with the exhaust on the BMW M5. Our photographer also reported a very different engine sound on this prototype, which pointed to the likelihood of a V-10 or twin-turbo V8 stuffed under this prototype’s hood.

Some tweaked X5 prototypes were spotted testing in Death Valley earlier this summer, but this test car snapped in Munich looks to be an entirely different animal. The front intakes are different, and the X6-style fog lamps that were visible on the Death Valley prototype are nowhere to be found on this latest prototype. Further differences between the two X5 test cars are found at the rear: The Death Valley X5s had only two exhaust pipes protruding through the rear bumper (much like the current X5), while the Munich prototype has the four-pipe set-up protruding from beneath the bumper. We expect a fully-revised rear-bumper to properly showcase this prototype’s quad-exhaust configuration. Finally, a quick look at the tires on the two test cars shows much more serious rubber on this Munich-based prototype.

BMW executives have repeatedly stated that the X5’s packaging just doesn’t lend itself to creating an M-version. This latest prototype, which shows more of BMW’s Motorsport cues than we have ever seen on an X5, may signal a change in that stance.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #599
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Maybe it will be an M variant like the 4.6iS or the 4.8iS.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #600
inso
Regular User

4.6is is more alpina variant than //M variant, same goes for 4.8is.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote