Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #46
middleton7
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
Originally Posted by middleton7
Originally Posted by corvette97
make a lambo replica with a v8 and slam 2 turbos there and i wont be mad at you
If it's sarcasm, save it. If your being honest, thanks.
IS NOT SARCASM, BUT i would have to see a replica looking fucin fast but with a v6 and zero power, soo, if you are gonna make it, make it good, IMO TWIN TURBO is the best option, try to get a s4 audi engine
The S4 is awesome, but I think I'll be able to squeeze more out of the V8 which is the LS6 without winding it up to 6-7k RPM's.
middleton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #47
corvette97
Regular User

BTW, i think you are over reacting here, its YOUR dream, not JW members dream , so if you like your project goo ahead, i will search "fair" replicas for you
Old 05-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #48
TT
Regular User

TT
Agreed. You gonna move it to car chat or should we just start another topic there?
Well up to you if you want to open a new topic there, but this one didn't really started with a replica discussion so better leave it where it is
Old 05-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #49
corvette97
Regular User

ls6 is perfect, but please dont make any crappy replica, if not we are going to killl you for insulting the lambo design lol
Old 05-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #50
middleton7
Regular User

"Prove what point? You will have a fake Lambo... no point to prove.

If you really do have the money - and still insist on building a fake... how sad - why not take "all your money" and buy an LS6 powered Mosler..??

Anyway - back on topic... what was the question again? How to get at the videos?

I am guessing a fake lambo is not the quickest route..."

Damn, whose stuck on the vids here? And you don't get it. I don't want those car's. Refer to prior post. The style. The Diablo. The power. The LS6. It's very simple. I'm done here. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me with your phone number. I find it much easier to communicate real time. Thanks............
Old 05-07-2004, 01:23 PM   #51
middleton7
Regular User

Well, we'll just let it ride out. It shouldn't take much more space TT. And no, I won't be building the ShITTy replica that everyone is assuming. I really didn't intent on it turning in to this. I was just stating what I was currently doing as far as my transportation and everyone kinda jumped on the bandwagon of trying to put me down. Don't worry, opinions of others don't really affect me, just get a bit irritable about the repetitiveness I'm having to use about the car I want and intend on completing. Allot of people just don't seem to get that point.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Well - help us out here... point us to web sights with pictures and videos of these finished master pieces.

Besides - if you really didn't care what others say then you would never have brought the subject up...

Remind me again - your point was?

Oh - and call me anytime on 1-800-I-REALLY-GIVE-A-FUCK...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #53
middleton7
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - help us out here... point us to web sights with pictures and videos of these finished master pieces.

Besides - if you really didn't care what others say then you would never have brought the subject up...

Remind me again - your point was?

Oh - and call me anytime on 1-800-I-REALLY-GIVE-A-FUCK...
There was no originating point. The question was if anyone on the site had exotic cars right now or if they were just currently dreaming and waiting till the day when they can. I in turn stated where I am on that subject. That I am working on the kit. It then turned into all you see above. And I'll post some of those links shortly.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #54
middleton7
Regular User

http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_...s/JC/index.asp

Here's one good example. He used to have his own site, but it's currently down.

"Oh - and call me anytime on 1-800-I-REALLY-GIVE-A-FUCK... "

Nice..... :roll:
Old 05-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Completed-Diablos/JC/index.asp

Here's one good example. He used to have his own site, but it's currently down.
That site's down too.. you sure that wasn't just a replica of the real site...
Old 05-07-2004, 01:56 PM   #56
middleton7
Regular User

Wow, non-stop. Good one though. I just checked it again and it's working fine for me.
Try this one:

http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/Knotts04/index.htm
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

Wow, non-stop. Good one though. I just checked it again and it's working fine for me.
Try this one:

http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/Knotts04/index.htm
That fake car has been through JW already.

You "fake car" guys still don't get it - do you?

What is the obsession with making a fake car??? People going to the trouble of sourcing BMW V12 engines, then putting "Lamborghini" valve covers on... and hunting for badges etc etc...

ANd let's be honest - how much did this car cost to make? Let's here how much "money you save" buy building a fake?

Old 05-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #58
middleton7
Regular User

If I'm not mistaken, he has somewhere around $70,000 into his car including the audio/video system. So, savings could be concluded to be in the $150-200,000 range. What do not get? Different people go with different engine. I personally think the BMW V12 is a bad idea unless your talking about the one in the McLaren. It doesn't have the output to justify sourcing it. The badges are readily available. The Lamborghini valve covers is wrong I think. The ones talked about earlier is a complete engine cover replicating the Lamborghini engine. Once again, I'm not going that route. I'm not trying to make anyone believe mines real.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:19 PM   #59
TT
Regular User

To watch at that pictures it's almost impossible for me... not as terrible to wreckedexotics.com but close
Old 05-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Once again - good luck in your endevour to make a fake car.

My opinion of fake Diablos and Countach's etc will always be that unlike a Hot Rod that represents unique creativity - these cars are fakes - poor fakes at that.

Anmd instead of getting respect for "the skill and effort" applied - I will always laugh at these fake cars.

Have fun.

p.s. The RICER comment is because what you guys are about is the very definition of RICE... trying to be something you are not.

From now on I will refer to the fake Lambo brigade as PASTRAMI... and if you use a V6 - PASTRAMI on RYE...