Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #46
Svensson
Regular User

^ In a case like this, the team should be penelized, not the driver. Which is what happened.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #47
gucom
Regular User

i agree that the teams should be penalised, also the advantage isnt nearly as big as for instance when some1's blocking some1 elses qualifying attempt *cough* schumi, alonso *cough*... PS alonso also benefits from any data acquired through testing the extra compound

fines have been handed out numerous times for minor offences like speeding in the pitlane, or McLaren recently, for not testing a gearbox properly

lastly, i want Hamilton to win but if one of the other 3 title contenders would do something like this i dont think they'd penalize them on the grid either, this title decider is the best thing that happened to F1 in years... why ruin it for every1 over something minor?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #48
Svensson
Regular User

^ Well said gucom, that's exactly how I think about it.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #49
hwjunkie
Regular User

It is definitely suspicious that they didn't penalize them more, yes it was the team's fault but it was the drivers that ended up getting the advantage that the rules state you can't do. In this case they really didn't get an advantage but they broke the rules.

I hope Massa gets a great start, Raikkonen gets a great start and passes Hamilton, that's what I would like to see happen. Sitll Hamilton would have to come in 4th or worse and Raikkonen would have to win for him to win the championship...

We will see....
hwjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #50
gangajas
Regular User

Lex Hamiltom, Daddy Hamilton and moRon Dennis, what a trio, the mafia of F1:

Lewis Hamilton faced fierce opposition at Interlagos on Saturday, but his rival was not one of the Formula One drivers but rather a French journalist who took the Briton to task in the official FIA post qualifying press conference.

L'Equipe writer Anne Giuntini was clearly unhappy with how Hamilton had let Kimi Raikkonen past in qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Wasting little time to put her point of view across on the eve of what could be Hamilton's maiden championship, Giuntini suggested that the British driver had not been fair in his dealings with the Ferrari driver.

"For everybody, it is evident that twice you disturbed Kimi. Is everything good to become a world champion?" she asked.

Hamilton responded: "To be honest there is no reason for me to do anything to Kimi because if anything he can win..."

"You never showed him clearly that you could give him the track free?" Giuntini continued, as the two locked in a heated exchange.

"What do you want me to do? Put the indicator on?" Hamilton replied.

"You know exactly..." She said.

"I did the best job I could to get out of the way," Hamilton insisted. "And I did apologise to him if I did get in his way."

"Is that what you call the best job?" Giuntini continued.

"Yes," Hamilton responded.

Giuntini: "As a sportsman?"

Hamilton: "Yes. How are you at your job? Are you the best at your job? You never made mistakes....no?"

Giuntini: "Sometimes..."

Hamilton: "Oh, really..."

Other journalists managed to stir the press conference on to other topics, until one made the mistake of mentioning Giuntini's run-in with Hamilton, labelling it a "ridiculous exchange". The Frenchwoman saw this as her cue to pick up where she earlier left off.

"Let us continue the ridiculous exchange," she turned to Hamilton. "Do you think you can do everything you want and then you just apologise - is that the way it works in Formula One?"

"I'm not going to answer that," Hamilton finally snapped. "I just don't want to talk to you, to be honest."

Giuntini, who is married to Renault's head of engine track operations Denis Chevrier, continued her battle later on in the paddock, having further verbal exchanges with McLaren boss Ron Dennis and Hamilton's father Anthony.
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/63509

I've read in a Spanish newspaper that she left the paddock crying after the "verbal exchanges with McLaren boss Ron Dennis and Hamilton's father Anthony."
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #51
novass
Regular User

^ I think the reporter instigated the argument and deserved the equally harsh comments in her direction. Just like a woman to point a finger and then bitch about it when the finger is pointed back.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #52
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I agree that it was not Hamilton's fault. But Ralf Schumacher got penalized in the past for pretty much the same thing in Monaco 2005. Or the Focus WRC drivers for having 3,5mm thick windows instead of the homologated 4mm windows. The driver has nothing to do since it's all about a team's decision. But that's how it works.

But it's true that a final race with 3 drivers with real possibilities of becoming world champion doesn't happen every year... so I guess penalizing Hamilton would have been a bit of a disaster

May be I've become an anti-Hamilton a bit too quickly I guess
^ yes you have now that your team will lose tomorow and, as we all know, would have lost if those "papers" that McLaren obtained were never presented.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #53
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by hwjunkie
It is definitely suspicious that they didn't penalize them more, yes it was the team's fault but it was the drivers that ended up getting the advantage that the rules state you can't do. In this case they really didn't get an advantage but they broke the rules.

I hope Massa gets a great start, Raikkonen gets a great start and passes Hamilton, that's what I would like to see happen. Sitll Hamilton would have to come in 4th or worse and Raikkonen would have to win for him to win the championship...

We will see....
You got your math wrong:

01 Lewis Hamilton 107
02 Fernando Alonso 103
03 Kimi Räikkönen 100

Kimi 1rst 110 total. Lewis 6th 110 total points so still lewis wins.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #54
zondamaniac
Regular User

yup, kimi can only hope to win in brazil and hamilton finish in 6th or worse,alonso 3rd or worse
i think if equal on points, total wins or positions will decide the winner? kimi with 5 wins, hamilton & alonso with 4 now...

What will happen if Fernando and Lewis finish on equal points?

If Fernando is first and Lewis third, Fernando will have one more first position so will win.
If Fernando is second and Lewis fifth, Lewis will have one more fifth position so will win.
If Fernando is third or fourth with Lewis in seventh or eighth respectively, Lewis will have one more second position so will win.

What will happen if Kimi finishes on the same points as either Fernando or Lewis?

As Kimi has won five races and Fernando and Lewis have won four each, in the case of a tie at the top of the standings with either driver Kimi will win the Drivers’ World Championship. To draw with Lewis Kimi has to finish first or second with Lewis in sixth and eighth respectively and he has to finish second with Fernando fourth to win.
What will happen if all three drivers finish on equal points?

There is only one scenario that will see all three drivers finish on the same points. They would all be on 108 points and Kimi needs to finish second, scoring eight points, Fernando to finish fourth with five points and Lewis eighth with one point. If this happens, then Kimi will win the Drivers’ World Championship as he will have one more win than both Fernando and Lewis.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #55
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
^ I think the reporter instigated the argument and deserved the equally harsh comments in her direction. Just like a woman to point a finger and then bitch about it when the finger is pointed back.
Yes, she should have sucked Lex Hamilton's d**k, like all the British media does. That's why Lex didn't understand that journalist attitude, after the press conference Daddy Hamilton and moRon Dennis went to talk to the journalist and told her that she should suck Lex's d**k, like everyone else does. The FIA has decided that she will have to sit down in the last row in the next press conference.

P.S.: Now seriously, the Spanish press claims thet Dennis told the journalist that he would have hit her if she were a man and that she will have problems. :shock:

Edit: Giuntini, who is married to Renault's head of engine track operations Denis Chevrier, was later seen in the paddock being berated by a rather angry McLaren boss Ron Dennis as well as Hamilton's father Anthony.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/63509
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #56
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
You got your math wrong:

01 Lewis Hamilton 107
02 dancing queen F1's Lance Bass 103
03 Kimi Räikkönen 100

Kimi 1rst 110 total. Lewis 6th 110 total points so still lewis wins.
That is correct! So Hamilton has to be 7th or worse and Alonso needs to be 3rd or worse for Raikkonen to win, right?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #57
saadie
Regular User

raikkonen has more race wins then hamilton .. soo if their points are equal .. raikkonen wins
Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #58
5vz-fe
Regular User

If both Kimi and Lewis has 110 after today's race, Kimi will win given that he has higher # of wins in this season.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #59
hwjunkie
Regular User

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great start! and I'm soooo happy Hamilton broke!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #60
yellky
Regular User

poor FIAmilton..
big boys showed him how to start
and now he missed the gear! :roll:

go Kimi !!
go Kubica