Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #46
sameerrao
Regular User

Can someone please lock this thread. It seems like a train wreck.

Will all the angry ones take a chill pill please.

Thanks in advance.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #47
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Can someone please lock this thread. It seems like a train wreck.

Will all the angry ones take a chill pill please.

Thanks in advance.
I thought about it, until i have something else written about it, I'll leave it open.

people need to remember what this place is about.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #48
DeMoN
Regular User

The only person I have ever been offended by at JW is this old fart and his passion for a car as old as he is. Its true that things like this sort of divides the regulars, but he has been asking for it for quite some time. There are people who JOKE-insult, but this guy apparently gets kicks from insults.

It is not a matter of which car is good and which one is bad, as the idea of this forum is discussion. If everyone agreed, much of the point would be lost. I never tried to dictate anything (unlike Redneck Castro here). I am not saying I acted 100% correct, but I am 100% sure this guy has uneased more members than I have.

He tries to point out that I post without thinking and then goes as far as saying I was one of the causes Dan left. Then, its the Bolivian "illegal alien" that doesnt do his research right? Im fed up with him, not with JW. So him leaving will make JW even better for me. Sorry if this makes other users dislike me, but I rather argue in the forum instead of flame unlike him. That right there is the difference between my anti-American-car comments vs RC's anti-Bolivian-PERSON ones.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #49
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by DeMoN
If RC leaves, I am sure he will be missed by far less people than when Dan left, if at all. I, myself, think it will make things better.
how arrogant

all I ask is that you ask yourself why its nessisary to continue on.

if you want to post about how you are happy to have another core member leave, then do so elsewhere.
It isn't arrogance. Arrogant would be comparing his departure with me leaving and saying I'd be more missed (which is something I'd never do). I think much of my "happiness" from his departure might be due to his racial issues and other-member thrashing. Bashing on me about car topics is one thing, but being so idiotic as to randomly throw out insults everywhere and accuse me of things I did not goes overboard.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #50
666fast
Regular User

How about this?

We are adults. We are supposed to be able to argue without insulting others. I'm not talking about any one person, it's coming from both sides.

EDIT- fixing typos
Old 05-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #51
DeMoN
Regular User

@everso - Thankfully, I am not alone.

@666fast - thats exaclty how I feel, and it's exaclty what RC lacked for as long as I can remember. I can't think of anyother member that posted so much insults as he did. Heck, I am sure he is reading all of my 6k posts to get back at me with Thesaurus-worded insults to hide the 8-year-old bashing child he has inside him. My insulting only came after his, not that it changes anything, but I just want it to make it clear (even though it must already be) that I dont normally act this way.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

@everso - Thankfully, I am not alone.

@666fast - thats exaclty how I feel, and it's exaclty what RC lacked for as long as I can remember. I can't think of anyother member that posted so much insults as he did. Heck, I am sure he is reading all of my 6k posts to get back at me with Thesaurus-worded insults to hide the 8-year-old bashing child he has inside him.
Of course you are not alone.

12,000 posts - if they were that worthless, do you think I would still have been around after that many?

You are just no man enough to admit you screwed up when you posted that out of context video.

And it looks like you are going to push nth to limit on this one. Poor bastard has no idea what he is in for..
Old 05-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #53
DeMoN
Regular User

Even if I did do wrong in posting out of context,

thats so creative you know, especially since you dont know me and still make assumptions.

Why would I push Nth's limit? I am not saying anything against him. In fact, I am happy you have been replaced by him.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #54
nthfinity
Regular User

for those who cant read the temporary ammended rules

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

RULE per nthfinity:
- Post something based on experience, some article, lap time, or performance figure. I am all for that
otherwise
- Post an opinion based on mud, watch it get edited/deleated.

- Post an attack on another member, watch your post be edited/deleated.

- "LOL" and other similar responces (no content posts) will be deleated.

- Stay on topic. [this is somewhat grey, and will be at my discression. If you have something else to post, make a new topic]

no more warnings!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #55
T-Bird
Regular User

Holy shit the things that happen when I'm at work...

All I have to say is RC I willmiss ya if you do leave for good it's gonna hurt having one less man on our (American car guys) side.
If you still do One Lap let me know I'd love to take the weekend and shoot over to South Bend.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Even if I did do wrong in posting out of context, that is 1 error made by me, vs the 12,000 ones you did in all your posting.
Now you have taken up insulting Jabba - you don't think if any of those 12,000 was really over the line he would not have stepped in?

Maybe you and a few others are the only ones who took them personally and out of the "character" context they were made in.

Ever think about that?

As to hairy backed guys, thats so creative you know, especially since you dont know me and still make assumptions.
It's not an assumption - it is an out of context caustic insult - or also known as a "comeback"

Why would I push Nth's limit? I am not saying anything against him. In fact, I am happy you have been replaced by him.
Push his limits as a mod, after all he posted rules and you violated them.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #57
DeMoN
Regular User

Dont think I am the only one who violated those rules as you insulted more people than just me. I insulted you in the "comeback" way. In no way did I insult Jabba and you know it. There is something called "free speech" which is what you always implement on your typing. If you cant remember what you type, re-read your posts. You'll see how often you end up insulting people who think different than you.

As for your supperior comebacks

Keep 'em fresh!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #58
DeMoN
Regular User

Push his limits as a mod, after all he posted rules and you violated them.
Oh and since you always say you are so wise, you should know better than type that way. That is a run-on sentence. While on me, being the immigrant that I am, it's allowable, for you it shouldn't.

Correction: After all, he posted rules, and you violated.

AND followed by a subject requires a comma to divide two sentences containing subjects.

I guess "daddys" money isn't going to the drain now is it?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Dont think I am the only one who violated those rules as you insulted more people than just me. I insulted you in the "comeback" way. In no way did I insult Jabba and you know it.
For a student of english you sure take things literally.

Let me explain the "insult Jabba" comment. I made 12000 posts. If they were in any way over the line, Jabba would never have let them go on. SO - you suggesting that there were 12,000 unmoderated posts all full of insults is a slight on Jabba for letting it happen.

Is that kind of complex idea beyond you?

There is something called "free speech" which is what you always implement on your typing. If you cant remember what you type, re-read your posts. You'll see how often you end up insulting people who think different than you.
And again - insulting Jabba - I mena he must be a fool for letting mne get away with it.

Ever think maybe you lack the english reading comprehension to fully understand the context and character of those 12,000 posts - and take literal insult from them when none is intened?

As for your supperior comebacks

Keep 'em fresh!
Sure.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #60
DeMoN
Regular User

I understood perfeclty your 12000 post and Jabba issue. He did not ban you because not all your posts were insults. I guess you, too, took things literally didnt you? Im sure not ALL of your posts were insults, but many were.

As for english, I basically had 1st grade all the way to 12th of it. All courses were tought in it so I think my english is far better than you credit it for. English comprehension isnt what I lack. What I lack is what every member here does, reading the rules

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28049