Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #46
sameerrao
Regular User

Good job by Kimi and Hamilton. What on earth was Massa up to?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #47
5vz-fe
Regular User

Wow, Britsh ppl are indeed good at politics

"When you don't obey a team order from your team boss, who has given you the opportunity, it's a difficult situation," he said.

"But in the end you have to stand up for what you believe and how you feel. I am in a lot of trouble with my boss, I probably am, but that's the way it goes.

"I apologised to the team for the decision I took when I was out there. I apologised to Ron and said it wouldn't happen again."
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #48
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

"When you don't obey a team order from your team boss, who has given you the opportunity, it's a difficult situation," he said.

"But in the end you have to stand up for what you believe and how you feel. I am in a lot of trouble with my boss, I probably am, but that's the way it goes.

"I apologised to the team for the decision I took when I was out there. I apologised to Ron and said it wouldn't happen again."
He doesn't respect his teammate, he doesn't respect his boss, he doesn't respect his team. What a selfish child. I'm starting to be tired of his omnipresent father too.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #49
M4tt83
Regular User

Just out of interest, what do you dislike about his father?
M4tt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #50
Mattk
Regular User

From the video of the Alonso/Hamilton incident, it seems the lollipop man delayed releasing Alonso for several seconds (all the while knowing Hamilton was there), but even after he did, Alonso hesitated, despite Hamilton having waited for a long while. This is just not right.

Another strong BMW performance. The BMW team have really stepped up these past few races.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 AM   #51
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by M4tt83
Just out of interest, what do you dislike about his father?
That he always want to be in front of the cameras. Attention whore is the term that describe that kind of behaviour?

Originally Posted by Mattk
From the video of the F1's Lance Bass/Hamilton incident, it seems the lollipop man delayed releasing F1's Lance Bass for several seconds (all the while knowing Hamilton was there), but even after he did, F1's Lance Bass hesitated, despite Hamilton having waited for a long while. This is just not right.
It was Hamilton who doesn't obeyed teams's orders and it was him who provocked that caos at the end of Q3.

This time Alonso isn't guilty at all.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #52
blue8
Regular User

^From what I heard, Ron Dennis is absolutely exhausted by the two! And for the first time, he actually admits the tension between his drivers. Until the Turkish GP in three weeks, I'm sure we'll hear tons of rumors on the McLaren line-up next year :roll:

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #53
Mattk
Regular User

^Yeah, I don't really like Ron Dennis, but I sympathise with him, having a couple of drivers who just can't get along and don't really work as a team. I would be surprised if he retains the same line-up. Whoever places lowest out of the two will likely be gone for 2008.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #54
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas

He doesn't respect his teammate, he doesn't respect his boss, he doesn't respect his team. What a selfish child. I'm starting to be tired of his omnipresent father too.
LOL just because he is 1rst and ur God Alsonso is 2nd? (Im from McLaren btw, but Alsonso is an idiot).

And yes, Lewis did not obey orders, but that alone did not cause the bottleneck on the pits. Since Lewis did not obey, Alsonso decided (or, to be fair since its not certain, his team decided) he would punish Hamilton. That "punishment" was what caused the bottleneck. Hamilton said "im going to pit" the track was empty, no need to hold Alsonso back other than to get back at Hamilton. SO yeah, even though Hamilton did not obey, things could have gone right and both would have gotten their flying lap.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #55
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN

LOL just because he is 1rst and ur God Alsonso is 2nd? (Im from McLaren btw, but Alsonso is an idiot).
I couldn't have imagined a more childish response. :roll:

Anyway, if R. Dennis lets his driver insult him and he doesn't do nothing, he doesn't deserve too much respect.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #56
saadie
Regular User

haha ok i did a lil readin here and there .. and yeah it was hamiltons mistake .. but still .. team mclaren should have paid attention ..

gangajas .. relax dude .... youre taking it too seriously .. its something that hapenned in the past .. learn from it .. dont just keep talking and arguing about it ...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:16 AM   #57
Mattk
Regular User

^Actually, if Alonso doesn't win this year, I reckon he'll get dumped by Ron Dennis because he reckons he is more trouble than he is worth.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #58
gangajas
Regular User

^Actually, if F1's Lance Bass doesn't win this year, I reckon he'll get dumped by Ron Dennis because he reckons he is more trouble than he is worth.
Obviously Dennis won't fire his spoiled child, on the other hand, he will fire the driver that has developed the car and has given McLaren the chance of winning the Championship.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #59
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Actually, if F1's Lance Bass doesn't win this year, I reckon he'll get dumped by Ron Dennis because he reckons he is more trouble than he is worth.
Obviously Dennis won't fire his spoiled child, on the other hand, he will fire the driver that has developed the car and has given McLaren the chance of winning the Championship.
At least LH won't blame the team when he doesn't win. He track record is nothing other than spectacular.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #60
blue8
Regular User

At least LH won't blame the team when he doesn't win. He track record is nothing other than spectacular.
You don't have to wait until the end of the season for Ron Dennis to decide whether Al0nso will remain at McLaren:
McLaren are reportedly so "p***ed off" with Fernando Alonso that they have told him he can leave if he wants to.

Alonso and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton suffered a complete breakdown of their relationship in Hungary this past weekend after Alonso illegally held Hamilton up in qualifying, preventing the rookie from getting pole position.

However, that only happened after Hamilton first disobeyed team orders telling him to let Alonso passed at the start of the third and final qualifying segment.

The result was that neither team-mate was talking to the other after Sunday's grand prix, which was won by Hamilton.

And now, according to The Times, McLaren are ready to say goodbye to Alonso at the end of the season.

'Fernando Alonso has been informed by Ron Dennis, the McLaren Mercedes team principal, that he can leave at the end of this season,' the newspaper reported.

"My understanding is that he's been told he can go because they're so fed up with him," a 'well-placed source' said. "Ron is just very p***ed off with both of them."

As for where Alonso will go, The Times speculates that it could be to either Ferrari, at the expense of Felipe Massa, back to Renault, he would probably replace Giancarlo Fisichella, or even to BMW.
^I'd rather see him in Renault more than any other team.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote