Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-27-2003, 02:55 AM   #46
cho_888
Regular User

hi jabba,
could you send me the hi-res photos, just s few of your favourite
[email protected]
cho_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 05:40 AM   #47
TT
Regular User

Great pics Jabba, nice idea about the little logo in them

BTW, in the pics I see only 2 Murci and the Gallardo... it's the only dealer and they only have 3 cars in the showroom?

In the pics I see from our main dealer, they have at least 4 or 5 Murci, 20 Diablos, a Porsche GT1, some countachs all inside the dealership...
Old 07-27-2003, 08:09 AM   #48
Jabba
Regular User

I will try to answer as many questions here as possible....

I was very surprised to find an orange Gallarado in the showroom as I had presumed it was going to be the yellow one that is currently doing the rounds....I would say it is slighty smaller than a 360 Modena and obvisouly much smaller than a Diablo and a Murcielago...but is still extremely awesome...the thing that hit me the most were the wheels...I think they could be the nicest wheels I have even seen....they are so "raw"

the lack of gull-wing doors is a disappointment but I guess you cant have everything...the back also is a bit strange (interesting how they parked it so you couldnt get a good look at it)....

this was a display showroom only for their latest models...they have a service centre on the other side of London where they have a range of second hand cars including a Muria, Countach, Diablo and a LHD Murcielago for sale....due to a demonstration march by homosexuals and lesbians I wasnt able to get over there and get any pictures...( I wish I had got some pictures of the lesbians now for the lesbian section) LMAO...

it was nice to have some exclusive time to enjoy the Gallarado while everyone else watched from outside the window...and I am indeed interested in it...but I dont think orange is very appealing...different yes...something that you would actually choose...I dont think so....I cant wait to see what the roadster version is going to be like...
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:55 AM   #49
tekwar
Regular User

the reason they dont have the gull-wing doors on the Gallarado from what i hear is that lambo wanted to make it an exclusive to their top of the line cars aka Murcielago and the Diablo. Remember they are calling this new car the "baby-lambo". But the photos are beautiful. The car has really beautiful proportions.

Out of interest, does anyone know the price difference between the Murc. and the Gallarado?
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #50
Jabba
Regular User

I will be posting a scan of the full price list of the Gallarado and all the available extras shortly...

The starting price is a very resonable imo...£99,000 for the Gallarado and just over £160,000 for the Murcielago
Old 07-27-2003, 10:15 AM   #51
TT
Regular User

Of course it is! Sure not for everyone. But a Lambo isn't meant to be a VW
Old 07-27-2003, 10:18 AM   #52
tekwar
Regular User

sweet thanks.

yeah thats a really attractive price when compared to its competition, mainly the 360 Modena. And with its promise of outperforming it, could prove to be very tasty.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #53
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by tekwar
sweet thanks.

yeah thats a really attractive price when compared to its competition, mainly the 360 Modena. And with its promise of outperforming it, could prove to be very tasty.
yes that is what I am so excited about....I cant wait to see a performance test carried out between the Gallarado and 360 Modena and what seems to be the benchmark car imo the 911 Turbo (in this price range)
Old 07-27-2003, 10:22 AM   #54
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by tekwar
sweet thanks.

yes that is what I am so excited about....I cant wait to see a performance test carried out between the Gallarado and 360 Modena and the what seems to be the benchmark car imo the 911 Turbo
Let's wait for evo they won't miss the chance as soon as it will be possible
And so far they're really happy after the first miles on the baby Lambo
Old 07-27-2003, 10:24 AM   #55
Jabba
Regular User

funny how thats called the baby Lambo but the 360 isnt called the baby Ferrari...maybe it shouldnt be called the baby but the murcielago should be called "fatso" instead
Old 07-27-2003, 10:27 AM   #56
tekwar
Regular User

true that the 911 Turbo has been the benchmark for some time now and if it can top these two top selling super-cars, it will definitely make a big impact in the market. Its nice to see lambo creating a car to challenge that segment of the super-car territory. Will be interesting to see the results to say the least.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:28 AM   #57
TT
Regular User

Well, for Ferrari is more common to have "many" models at the same time.. so it would be hard to name them all: the baby, the mom, the dad, the cousin and mom's lover and so on while Lambo usually has a single model at a time but I guess it won't be like that in the future...
Old 07-27-2003, 10:29 AM   #58
Jabba
Regular User

hahahah... yes nicely put TT.....any member of those familys is great....
Old 07-27-2003, 10:32 AM   #59
TT
Regular User

Sure! Every single one!
Old 07-27-2003, 10:36 AM   #60
tekwar
Regular User

lol good analogy.

With Audi taking over the helm at Lambo, it seems they are keen to really market the brand to a "wider" group. So far they have done a good job, their new models have been exciting.