Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #46
Max Power

thinking like that is why F1 has the 2 race engine rule, combined qualifying and all these new bullshit rules
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #47
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by mike_sayer

I'll get over it when he stops doing it.
Dude, you're talking like if he did the "dirty driving" every GP... Yeah, he's an agressive driver, but not exacly a Kamikaze...

people make a fuss about it when anything happens to him because we're so used to seeing him win all the time, it's a refreshing change when he doesn't.
Even when he didn't win it was the same, at least from my experience... And I still think that's not right, but that's just my opinion.
-------

Australian GP Fastest Laps

1 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:25.683
2 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:25.994
3 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:26.233
4 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.255
5 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:26.260
6 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:26.261
7 Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.393
8 Mark Webber Williams-BMW 1:26.493
9 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 1:26.536
10 Christian Klien Red Bull Racing 1:26.627
11 David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:26.690
12 Nick Heidfeld Williams-BMW 1:26.854
13 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas 1:26.893
14 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:27.116
15 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-Petrona 1:27.745
16 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:27.877
17 Narain Karthikeyan Jordan-Toyota 1:27.970
18 Tiago Monteiro Jordan-Toyota 1:28.999
19 Patrick Friesacher Minardi-Cosworth 1:32.852
20 Christijan Albers Minardi-Cosworth 1:33.144

I think that by the middle of the Season (or even before), we'll see some records being broken.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #48
T5
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|

I think that by the middle of the Season (or even before), we'll see some records being broken.
Are you sure?
With the new rules on tyres and qualifying, I think that it´s an opimistic afirmation...
T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #49
|Nuno|
Regular User

^^

Lol, messy quote, huh?

Are you sure?
With the new rules on tyres and qualifying, I think that it´s an opimistic afirmation...
Yep, I think so. I mean, Alonso's fastest lap was only 1.2 or 1.5 seconds off last year's best lap... And this on the 1st Race of the Season... It shows that the engineers are always one step ahead of the FIA.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:38 PM   #50
T5
Regular User

Let´s wait and see if it happens on the next few round of the F1 Championship
T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #51
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Originally Posted by dingo22

I think its a bit early to make that assumption about BAR

I agree about Fisi, he did what was needed.....alot of people have started on pole and not won the race so you can't say he only won because of 'luck' in qualifying

and I have to say your comment about MS is crap........if that was the case I doubt he would be a 7-time world champ :roll:
Yeah you're prob right about BAR, let's hope they can pull something out.

But i still think that was typical Schumacher, he knew he was going to finish at the bottom end of the points, he knew if he retired he could change his engine, so he didn't give a crap. And one of the reasons he's a 7-time world champ is cos of his dirty driving...remember his little "incident" with Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994?
I totally agree with you mike (the fact that we both agree'd as we were watching it who's fault it was is irrelevant )

Schumacer tried to close the door too late, as he didnt realise hiedfeld was gunna make a pass, heidfield was already at the limit of decelleration, and schumi squeezed him onto the grass, turning him into a very expensive bob sled/battering ram.
How else can you explain it dingo?
What I said was that he isn't a dirty driver who won his championships through that tactic, I never said I didn't think he was at fault in the Heidfeld incident
Old 03-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #52
brandonrambo
Regular User

Does anyone else think that JV really sucks and he's totally lost it? He's just an old, overpaid whiner now. I dont think he'll make it through the season.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM   #53
mike_sayer
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|

I'll get over it when he stops doing it.
Dude, you're talking like if he did the "dirty driving" every GP... Yeah, he's an agressive driver, but not exacly a Kamikaze...

people make a fuss about it when anything happens to him because we're so used to seeing him win all the time, it's a refreshing change when he doesn't.
Even when he didn't win it was the same, at least from my experience... And I still think that's not right, but that's just my opinion.
-------
Hehe yeah i guess you're right, i am generalising a little too much!

It's a shame though that people, myself included, get "excited" when something happens to Schumi that means the rest of the field has a chance. I guess that's something else that goes to show how incredible his record is, despite some of his tactics

mike_sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #54
mindgam3
Regular User

Good race...

I'm sure Ford will be kinda gutted after letting go of Jaguar given the performance and speed of the Red Bulls.

It also proves that Coulthard is a good driver, as many people don't believe; you only have to look at his past Championship positions to see how good he is - not a champion, but definately a good driver.

BMW performed better than expected, there car wasn't looking that good pre season and pre race.

Ferrari didnt look special at all.

McLaren looked fast at times but Kimi or Juan Pablo didnt push when they needed too. IMO JPM could have got a podium if he tried.

Drivers having a brand new engine for next race wont be too much of an advantage as all engines will be designed to last the distance. If anything there's an advantage to the drivers with engines on their second race as they know it won't have to last another one. If an engine is going to blow, it'll blow, nothing you can do about it.

I don't know why everyones complaining about the quali - it could have rained in a one session quali and the grid would have been the same. On a constant weather weekend though it will hopefully provide a mixed up grid which can only be a good thing

BAR is no where, they need to do a lot of work do get up to the top again.

Williams look like they can work on this weekends result and I reckon they're more of a championship contender than I previously thought.

Renault and McLaren are hot shit, the macca drivers had a particuarly bad race though.

Great race, looks like it will be a great season
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #55
possessed_beaver
Regular User

http://www.schumachersucks.com/?page=adeilade - read, shui aint the good guy some people may see him as, very cocky (in a bad way)

as for the race, i was too hung over slept in a missed it (i was in a riot the night before, dingo may of seen it on the news) i recorded it thoe, watched was quite an intresting race, exelent result for redbull, but maybe they had a fast engine today, that will be unable to last until the next race...

exelelent race for renult!

the next race in 2 weeks should be intresting
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #56
komotar
Regular User

I just finished writing my F1 1000+ word article describing the whole weekend for the magazine.

It was an interesting race. I was suprised that only one tehnical difficulty occurred.

Maybe the engine will give in to the pressure in the next race....we'll see, but so far, it looks that all the teams did the homework. Even minardi

I can't wait for the next race. Shumacher will be attacking with full pwer and I hope others will hold their own.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote