Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Bugatti Veyron
subzero 142 53.18%
cool 61 22.85%
uncool 44 16.48%
seriously uncool 20 7.49%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #46
DeMoN
Regular User

How can a car that looks as ugly as that, and will only be bought by people who lack hair be cool?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #47
MIHALS
Regular User

I was excited, when I've seen the info about this car first time... but I don't know why, it disapointed me

I'll leave this vote opened and will wait, if TG will show the test track, not just the challenge Italy - UK....
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #48
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

suuuuuuuuuuuubzero all the way!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #49
Evil-ution
Regular User

hmmm, i think its a cool car.. it has this emense power and a nice interior, but it doesn't make me wet my self when ever i see it, and to be honest when i saw the topgear test for it i changed my mind a bit about that car..

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #50
Shinigami
Regular User

It's SubZero for me, because it achieves quite a lot, even if it may be flawed in parts.

Price is not a factor for me to downrate a car, and never has been. Most subzero cars will always be out of reach for most of us, but that's no reason to not like the car IMO.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #51
crayzayjay
Regular User

The ultimate penis extension. Uncool.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:17 AM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Its a VW
Its been delayed too long
It weighs too much
The color schemes suck..except black
Not a proper manual gearbox
It overheats
It's only "that fast" in a straight line

It's going to one of those "look what I have" things for the super rich people who will never drive it how its made to be driven.

Just wait, you're going to see some seriously bad accidents with this car because people have more money than brains or driving skills. The first time some idiot opens this car up on a public road there's going to be people killed.

Uncool. :roll:
Well said. 8)
I could't have put it better in my own words...uncool.
These guys already said everything that needed to be said...

Seriously Uncool

Have we heard any more news on the cooling problems this car has? It seems like up to now its all been rumors and such, but that after a few runs the car heat-sinks?

Has anyone heard if this has been resolved? I should hope so...

It wasn't just rumours... lets just say some of us have contacts in high places... and these people are never wrong - ever.

This car is probaly proof that marketing hype can work.. all the dreamers who suck up the media crap and got all caught up in the hype that is the Blaggati Vagrant..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #53
JoeHahn
Regular User

Still, you cant just say "some people have friends in high places and they are never wrong" and expect people to believe it any more than the media.
I havent heard anything of the overheating issues once this car has been produced and to believe it I'd have to hear it from a) a reliable source or b) a couple of sources who know what they are on about.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #54
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by RC45
Have we heard any more news on the cooling problems this car has? It seems like up to now its all been rumors and such, but that after a few runs the car heat-sinks?

Has anyone heard if this has been resolved? I should hope so...

It wasn't just rumours... lets just say some of us have contacts in high places... and these people are never wrong - ever.

This car is probaly proof that marketing hype can work.. all the dreamers who suck up the media crap and got all caught up in the hype that is the Blaggati Vagrant..
With ten radiators I should hope it doesn't overheat!

Interestingly, in one of the recent Top Gear mags, they drove the Veyron (not JC), and one of the comments was "it really doesn't feel all that fast in normal road driving, an F430 or Noble feels faster" [because of the turbo lag].

Another thing...where the fuck are some REAL test numbers?! I have read probably 6 or 7 different articles of journalists getting to drive the car for an hour, a day, whatever, but not one single real road test! Nothing to confirm or deny the Veyron's lofty acceleration or braking numbers...We obviously all know the car is insanely fast, but I am really anxious to see what exactly the Veyron will do, and we are left only with Bugatti's numbers. :roll: It seems all of the 'tests' have been more like 'first drives'...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:20 AM   #55
LotusGT1
Regular User

Tell Bush that, he'll laugh in your face

But you're right, the Veyron is nothing to get all riled up about....
Old 01-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Still, you cant just say "some people have friends in high places and they are never wrong" and expect people to believe it any more than the media.
I havent heard anything of the overheating issues once this car has been produced and to believe it I'd have to hear it from a) a reliable source or b) a couple of sources who know what they are on about.
Actually I can and I just did - whether you choose to elieve it or not is your problem - not mine

Obviously you haven't paid attention while hanging out at JabbasWorld.. there are some times we get the real scoop before anyone else.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:40 PM   #57
5.7 V10
Regular User

I rate the Veyron cool:

I respect the Big Bug endless for it's amazing feats of technology, i mean come on. 1000bhp, four wheel drive and four turbochargers. Good looking exterior and an amazing interior.

My only issue with the Veyron is the fact that it does have 1000bhp; 260bhp is probably enough. 600bhp is more than enough; the Bugatti is just two fast; i believe in all around world usability your not going to get any where faster in the Veyron than you would in a CGT or a Zonda F. I'd also prefer a little less weight; i can tolerate 1650kg of a Murcielago; but 1955kg

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #58
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Actually I can and I just did - whether you choose to elieve it or not is your problem - not mine
So did I. backing up RC on this issue.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #59
pyre2099
Regular User

its a cool car (looks absolutly gorgeous in white) but it is just a technical tour de force
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #60
yg60m
Regular User

Subzero for me