Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #46
coloradosilver
Regular User

Great article ^^^^^

The only really good thing about this car is that it may help bring down the price of a nice used Z06. Thats the market that I'm realy watching as I plan on hving one in the next few years.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #47
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
old, and repost.....

but.... the "blue devil" is out and about in various mules under the guise of a C6 Z06.. not many people outside the project even knows what the styling cues are...
Old 07-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #48
nthfinity
Regular User

nice photoshop.... im guessing the naca ducting is to cool the rear dif? I would like a more aggressive front facia... but hey, if it laps a sub 7:30... could anybody complain?

word is it has the C6 R style Coil over supsension...
Old 07-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #49
nickthaskater

Everything I've seen so far points towards a more hardcore car. Lighter weight (I think the goal is 2,800 or less), more race-bred suspension, more powerful engine of course, and things like that. I remember reading a while back that the Corvette team were toying with carbon-ceramic brakes as well, but decided against using them on the Z06 until they could offer them at an affordable price, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up on the Sting Ray as well.

I really don't think this car will disappoint, the rest of the C6 line-up has already succeeded with flying colours.

And yea, that's a nice photochop up there, I'd kill for a street Vette that looked like that
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #50
bmagni
Regular User

nice photoshop
isn't it just the C6-R without the wing ??
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #51
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by bmagni
nice photoshop
isn't it just the C6-R without the wing ??
And the decals have been removed as well. It's just neat the see the car in a 'streetable' trim I suppose.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #52
novass
Regular User

I hope they sell a lot of these so the price of the new Z06 goes down enough to where I can afford one LOL

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #53
rave426
Regular User

Ha, I thought I was the only one waiting for the Z06 to go down in price. The cool thing about Z06 Vettes (especially the new one) after they have been hit hard by depreciation the first 2 years, they dont lose value near as much as other sport cars do. At least thats how it is in the US, because there are alot of people here who look at the Corvette as a dream car, plus it is a higly demanded icon. And I am sure that the C6 Z06 will be in demand for a long time.

I waiting on my copy, if not I am going to possibly go for the new challenger, camaro, or supra. I want the new GT-R, but its going to take me a few years to be able to afford a $70,000+ car.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:08 AM   #54
TT
Regular User

This is the last bit of info and pic going 'round the net

Originally Posted by phil77
Vu sur un autre forum

"If the thought of the new 500-hp Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang hedging in on the 505-hp Corvette Z06's territory raises your blood pressure, don't despair: Corvette chief engineer Tom Wallace has a 650-hp trick up his sleeve. A new super Corvette will build on the Z06's 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 that was developed in sync with the Corvette C6.R Le Mans racer. For this limited-production Vette, which might be called the Z07, Chevy will increase the LS7's displacement and bolt on a supercharger to bump output by 145 hp. The Z07, due in 2008, will be further differentiated from the Z06 by the use of more carbon-fiber body panels and a huge hood vent aimed at killing front-end lift. In true Corvette style, Chevy will undercut competitors by pricing the Z07 at about $100,000. This Corvette has been known within GM as the Blue Devil, after the mascot of GM CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke, and also as the Sting Ray, but we think they'll go with Z07, or maybe Z06.R."

Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 AM   #55
Shinigami
Regular User

Having seen the Z06 engine bay, I wonder how they could fit that Ford GT style recess? There's just not enough space for a crease that big?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:36 AM   #56
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Having seen the Z06 engine bay, I wonder how they could fit that Ford GT style recess? There's just not enough space for a crease that big?
They could change the radiator placement and such, though that seems like a lot of work and I doubt they would do it, especially if they want to keep costs down. I see something more along the lines of the Z06.R GT3 racecar being translated to the street, rather than the C6.R.

Street version probably being somewhere in between the Z06 and the Z06.R in terms of stripped interior, and hopefully carrying over the R's carbon body panels (all of which accounts for a dry weight of just 2,667 lbs).
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #57
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

That air dam is photoshopped.

$100,000 for a car of this performance just sounds deadly.

Can't wait until I have that $100,000.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #58
5vz-fe
Regular User

Still don't get the purpose of that supercharger.....
Old 08-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #59
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Still don't get the purpose of that supercharger.....
Yea I wish (and still hope that they don't) they weren't going to use one. The LS7 is capable of insane power with very little work already... I've seen one hit 492 rwhp / 473.3 rwtq with nothing but a set of long tubes, removal of the stock air filter, and replacing stock fluids with REDLINE fluids.

Or if you're more adventurous haha, a naturally aspirated 623 rwhp, daily driven no less...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=53674
Old 08-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #60
gucom
Regular User

i hate to admit it but this is gonna be an awesome car... i hope they wont go too stripped out on the interior, because there are already bare-stripped monstrously powerful cars that will still be faster (ultima GTR)