Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #46
Global Warming
Regular User

Oh my why did I even go down this road again. I have been in so many of these arguments with Mac users. I have had this same conversation 5, 10, 15 and 20 years ago. The Mac users always have to get the last world in and always end up quoting some Mac friendly article.

Ok you win!! Macs are the best computers in the world, they are great value and will eventually take over the world!!

That’s what you have to say to the Mac user each time just to end it. It’s so funny because every Mac user I have ever talked to is absolutely certain that the Apple market share will go up but 5, 10, 15, and 20 years after all of those arguments Apple's market share has still never been above 3.5% and is only around 2.5% now. So yeah believe what ever you want. The truth is even if Macs were 1000 times faster and Apple was paying people $100 a month to use them 97% of the world still would not want a Mac!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #47
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
Oh my why did I even go down this road again. I have been in so many of these arguments with Mac users. I have had this same conversation 5, 10, 15 and 20 years ago. The Mac users always have to get the last world in and always end up quoting some Mac friendly article.

Ok you win!! Macs are the best computers in the world, they are great value and will eventually take over the world!!

That’s what you have to say to the Mac user each time just to end it. It’s so funny because every Mac user I have ever talked to is absolutely certain that the Apple market share will go up but 5, 10, 15, and 20 years after all of those arguments Apple's market share has still never been above 3.5% and is only around 2.5% now. So yeah believe what ever you want. The truth is even if Macs were 1000 times faster and Apple was paying people $100 a month to use them 97% of the world still would not want a Mac!
Pretty soon you'll be saying all of this to Saturn owners too
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #48
evoWalo
Regular User

If Global could make a half-valid point I'd concide, thing is everything he posted any link IT disproved his point, over, over and over again. Doesnt matter if we're talking about Macs or ducks so long as you got nothing to back up wild claims, you're wrong. Doesnt matter if you have a microscopic market share so long as you're profitable. I bet Hondas have a larger market share than say a BMW but BMWs make more money per car than a Honda.

To disprove another point on how effective Apple's marketing is they're still at a stagnant 2-3% US market share an a 1-2% international market share. That's why in recent weeks Apple's done ads taht say Macs works with Windows, Macs has MS Office, Macs does this and that better, Macs so on and so forth. These issues are what your average PC user is concerned about and what is holding them back.

If Apple gave those perks that you mentioned people would go for a Mac, because they have a much more better reason to use it now. People arent as dumb as you imply them to be. Sheep, maybe but dumb, not so much anymore.

dutch I never said Apple Computers were directed at the value sector. value sector demands the $299 desktop & $399 notebooks. Apple Computers doesnt sell Macs in those spaces, yet. Macs have Intel chips in the high-end of the spectrum. I cant see a $600 Intel Core Duo being crammed into a $299 coupon special, do you?

I went through a lot of Macs already and I look forward to each new thing coming from Apple because I always had a consistently good product experience. Used to be a loyal Palm PDA user as well but the Tungsten T destroyed it for me so I dont do PDAs at all.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:33 AM   #49
Sir_GT
Regular User

Hmmm... portable OSX?

iPocket... with kitten.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #50
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I meant to say that they are way over priced.. Apple hasn't had the best track record as a corporation and needs to mark up their products by atleast 100% to make sure they will stay in business..

They have the brand and image to do so.. but I dont think it will last much longer.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #51
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
I meant to say that they are way over priced.. Apple hasn't had the best track record as a corporation and needs to mark up their products by atleast 100% to make sure they will stay in business..

They have the brand and image to do so.. but I dont think it will last much longer.
They're the next Sony. iPod phone? peripherals? The Mac line of Computers?

iTunes is basically THE player everyone uses. Wait until they release Garageband for the PC (if they do), because that would go nuts.

They know where they're going. I'm just waiting for Apple HDTV's and Apple DVD players.
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote