Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #46
graywolf624
Regular User

You made yourself look like a moron by the comments you made in the thread I linked you to. Don't think because you own a Z06 you can consider yourself a racer. LOL, looking at the basic mistake you made it's safe to assume your nothing more or less than a pedal masher. Talking about wannabe...

You are full of shit, that's my point
I need to point out something here. they clearly got a car with some problems. I would take the numbers with a grain of salt. Also, from reading the article the only thing I can see re: handling is that caddilac is harder to make handle well.. not that it doesnt handle better then the m3. (and way better then the m5).

You see what you want to see, but Ive read reviews where they actually got the claimed 0-60 and actually run good laps rather then short shifting.. Short shifting does not only denote grunt I hate to tell you. That can seriously play with what gear you exit a turn and such.

Need I also point out.. as much as I enjoy reading rt.. they have poor road testers.. Other companies tests of the ford gt for instance were nearly a second quicker in the quarter. Whether that means car and driver got a ringer for a ford gt.. or rt cant drive.. thats up to you.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #47
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: European Cars are not Overpriced, Americans just build s

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Originally Posted by RC45
Your point?

When last have you actually driven cars like this back to back to base your comments on?

All you "wannabes" are really entertaining - in the mean time I am satisfied that as a used purchase the CTS-V is the best bang for the buck.. period.

The last M5 I drove didn't impress... what did you think of the last real car you drove?
Your point ?

About the CTS-V vs. M3 vs. M5

You made yourself look like a moron by the comments you made in the thread I linked you to. Don't think because you own a Z06 you can consider yourself a racer. LOL, looking at the basic mistake you made it's safe to assume your nothing more or less than a pedal masher. Talking about wannabe...

You are full of shit, that's my point
Hey - cockass - don't think I have already seen that article?

The state of the car was well known and documented. How can you take that test seriosuly when they didn't even fix the leaking fucking tyre?

No shit Sherlock - Those idiots ask wheter the leaking tyre could have contributed to the differing left-vs-right skidpad numbers. THAT should show you they are idiots.

And ANY half-competant driver could launch the CTS-V if they know know what they are doing.

I drove one for 30 minutes and was able to launch without any "wheelhop" or "eletronic hysteria". Just wheelspin that was modulated with the throttle pedal.

Not to mention the car was not a production ready car.

ANd if YOU actually read the article you would know they decided the M5 was NOT $23,000 better than the CTS-V.

That article actually does more to bolster our view point than yours.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:53 AM   #48
LotusGT1
Regular User

That's not my point moron.

The article was just posted for everybody to see.

The fact that you can't keep laptimes and handling apart, that makes you the idiot.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:29 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

The fact that you can't keep laptimes and handling apart, that makes you the idiot.
You'll need an insult a lot better than that to warrant a reply.... :roll:
Old 06-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #50
amanthapar
Regular User

about the price difference .. the reason it is more expensive could be because itt is a n import?

if u compare the sales price a german would pay for the m5 and an american would pay for the cts-v .. then they should be similar right?
then according to the mag post m5 is better ..
the reason according to them was that it was not worth the extra 23K
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #51
amanthapar
Regular User

oh and about the price....

well some earlier said .. that the saleen is half the price of the enzo .. so that means it cant be as good...
welll .. firstly can americans make something as good as the enzo wether or not price is taken ? answer= no...

im not insulting ..
amanthapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by amanthapar

well some earlier said .. that the saleen is half the price of the enzo .. so that means it cant be as good...
welll .. firstly can americans make something as good as the enzo wether or not price is taken ? answer= no...

im not insulting ..
*yawn* :roll:
Old 06-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #53
graywolf624
Regular User

"then they should be similar right?
then according to the mag post m5 is better ..
the reason according to them was that it was not worth the extra 23K"
The m5 isnt that much cheaper over there. Maybe an m5 in germany versus a cts-v in germany maybe. But remember the m5 isnt the performance option.

that the saleen is half the price of the enzo .. so that means it cant be as good...
First, how do you know that other then a big assumption pulled out of your ass?
Can the Germans Brits ect make a car as good as the Enzo(they dont have one so I guess not. :roll: )
Thats not a valid logic train.. You cant say something isnt possible (or even likely) just because no one has built it.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #54
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by amanthapar

im not insulting ..
Well do you have proof that not one company in America can build something as good as the Enzo? NO no one has tried. But the last time an American company aimed to defeat Ferrrari they did way back in the day it was called the GT40 it went against the best they had then so I'm sure if a company was devoted enough to defeat the Enzo they could.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #55
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
But remember the m5 isnt the performance option.
Umm last time I checked the M5 is the performance option/version, There are the other 5-series cars that aren't as much a perfromer as the M5 the M5 IS a performance version.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:30 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
But remember the m5 isnt the performance option.
Umm last time I checked the M5 is the performance option/version, There are the other 5-series cars that aren't as much a perfromer as the M5 the M5 IS a performance version.
I think gray means the M5 vs M3 vs CTS-V thing.

The M3 is the boy-racer, the M5 is the excu-mobile and the CTS-V covers both bases at once.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #57
graywolf624
Regular User

Exactly.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #58
RC45
Regular User

Exactly.
I am guessing we are the only ones that actually get it...
Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 AM   #59
LotusGT1
Regular User

Thanks for missing the point again idiot.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Thanks for missing the point again idiot.
What was the point again?

Oh yes - that's right - you never actually had one... :roll: