Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #46
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ Exactly, anyone who doesn't do that is so stupid.. :roll:
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #47
tforth
Regular User

But how could it crash? Its 4WD with 1001bhp and legendary Audi handling... it must be a photoshop.
Gee, I wonder how many smashed C5 Z06s there are out there; you know, the ones with the legendary Chevrolet handling...?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #48
tforth
Regular User

Again, how many CGT have been produced so far? a thousand? and how many Enzos? 401 as far as I know. And how many LP640? hudreds already.

AND - how many Veyrons? 20 at most?
I don't have any figures from the factory, but I'm pretty sure that I have seen pics of at least 20 different colour combos; and I'm pretty sure that each car doesn't have a unique colour. Where did you get this number from?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Again, how many CGT have been produced so far? a thousand? and how many Enzos? 401 as far as I know. And how many LP640? hudreds already.

AND - how many Veyrons? 20 at most?
I don't have any figures from the factory, but I'm pretty sure that I have seen pics of at least 20 different colour combos; and I'm pretty sure that each car doesn't have a unique colour. Where did you get this number from?
Bugatti have had to slow production from an expected 50 cars per 12 months down due to issues with air bag deployment, and other safety issues... cars that were exptected to be delivered today wont show up on many owners door steps until roughly June or July.

Gee, I wonder how many smashed C5 Z06s there are out there; you know, the ones with the legendary Chevrolet handling...?
I guess It doesn't matter that they out handle a Ferrari 360 CS around a track, does it
Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #50
RC45
Regular User

But how could it crash? Its 4WD with 1001bhp and legendary Audi handling... it must be a photoshop.
% wise a damn side less than the smashed Veyrons. I mean accordingto you clowns, they are all owned by posing oldies with gold chains and never get driven.

So which is it then? Is the C5 Z06 owned by enthusiasts who drive them or poseurs who don't? Make up your mind man.

You get back when you have made up your mind.

In the mean time - back to Bugnasty Vagrant :

There are the 2 destroyed in testing because of catastrophic failures - one at the Nurburgring.. then at least once smashed by a Claifornia journalist and this owner car.

So - not counting the highway crash test ones oit looks like about 1/5th of the cars are are already bashed into pieces.

So much for all those elctronic nannies.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #51
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Originally Posted by hurstg01
Originally Posted by TopGearNL
apparently it was an astra he hit not a ditch.
I'd love to see the insurance claim form, especially if the astra was at fault (ie on the wrong side of the road and hit the Veyron head on)
"there was nothing coming, I indicated to overtake, looked again, still nothing, moved to pass the car i was overtaking, still saw nothing coming, blinked and then WHUMP!!! a bloody Bugatti!! PS - I cant remember if my no claim bonus is protected"
LOL I would love the be the driver of the Astra if the Bugatti was at fault. If I stepped out of my Astra to see what hit me and realized it was a Veyron, I would fake all kinds of injuries. Whooo Hoooo, Payday!
Damn straight - Supercars for everyone on JW with the payout
Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 AM   #52
79TA
Regular User

I don't dare think of how expensive the repairs will be let alone his new insurance premiums.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #53
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ahhhh! Who was the perpetrator?! Boil him in oil!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:04 AM   #54
tanelvali
Regular User

great news and nice pics.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 AM   #55
hurstg01
Regular User

more info here - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007100574,00.html

hurstg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 AM   #56
RC45
Regular User

^^ Great read

Yesterday insurance assessors began working out whether the hand-built French motor was repairable — or the most exclusive write-off on the planet.
and

A police source said it was thought the Veyron — capable of 253mph — was doing around 100mph when it slewed out of control.

It spun three times, hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a seven-months pregnant woman inside, before smashing into trees up a 3ft bank.
and it gets better...

The smash happened shortly after 3pm on Sunday on a 40mph stretch of the B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, a known crash blackspot.
and better...

It is understood the wrecked car was taken away by the SAME truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier.
and better...

The witness said the “fed-up” driver and passenger were staring at the Bugatti when a third man drove up in a 4x4 and started raging at them. The Bugatti is owned by a businessman in his 40s who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers.

Outside their home yesterday a man claimed he had rented it to the driver for £20,000 a day and that it was bought for £925,000 — more than the list price.
and finally the guy who sold the car says:

Nick Lancaster, Chief Executive of dealers HR Owen which sold the motor, said: “It is the first Veyron I have heard of being damaged. We cannot say yet whether it is written off or not.”
I wonder if the 20,000 rental cost included insurance? You think they will pay for the Asta repairs?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #57
Jabba
Regular User

Which begs the question how many people would rent the Veyron for £20,000 a day ?

If it were me, I would be first gutted to be having to give the veyron back at the end of the day and then also having to deal with handing over the 20K, also it would be hard to ever get excited about driving any other car I guess once you have had a taste of that beauty.

Surely if you could afford to "waste" £20,000 on renting if for a day though then it wouldn't take you too long to save up and buy it outright, especially as I doubt you would even scratch the surface of the cars ability with only a days driving behind you. I guess it is more likely to have only been needed for the day for publicity or promotional purposes though.

One further thing, I wonder if we all chip in a few pounds that we could get TG to rent it out for the day, just so that we can see the stigg take it around the TG test track at long last.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #58
TopGearNL
Regular User

One further thing, I wonder if we all chip in a few pounds that we could get TG to rent it out for the day, just so that we can see the stigg take it around the TG test track at long last.
Yeah, with quarter of a billion viewers all over the world we could even afford a full review and a dragrace.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #59
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The Viper had to slow down - the F360 and M3 were the real hold up.
Yeah probably.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...1211_002.shtml

loser
Old 03-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #60
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by Jabba

thats the greatest thing I have ever heard! :shock:
(and we could have a Jabbasworld.net sticker over it )

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote