Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #31
rave426
Regular User

Very true, RC45. People who are all about Ferrari are like groupies lined up to give brad pitt some sloppy head.

Lol, I can tell you from around the same area of the nation I am RC45. You get fired up, and tell everybody whats on your mind. Nothin like the South.

Yeah, I have seen the video many times. I cant say for sure that the race wasnt planned, cause it looks like it was. But, I would still think the Z-tune would win the bout. I may be wrong, but anyway.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Be careful how you use the word "South" around some of these sensitive types..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #33
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Originally Posted by dingo
and here we go again, as soon as someone mentions Corvette....unbelievable! :roll:
I agree with you, it seems that some words have to be avoided here

I will try to buy this one so we will clear this out
no

its as soon as somone mentions that the Z is a piss poor handling car, but similar straight line speed; so i simply brought up lap times to use data to reiterate the point.

the fact is, its somebody else who brought up the corvette, and further even, the corvette is part of this discussion right in the topic title... I didn't even mention which i speculate will come first etc.

you guys can be unbelievable sometimes :roll:

seriously grow up people
Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #34
TNT
Regular User

can someone rip that next race?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #35
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by dingo
and here we go again, as soon as someone mentions Corvette....unbelievable! :roll:
I agree with you, it seems that some words have to be avoided here

I will try to buy this one so we will clear this out
Actually no - you people are just being stupidly overly sensitive again... yet again...

Funny how EVERYTIME someone jumps to "defend" Ferrari you don't come out with the same type remarks :roll:

Nth was not "defending" anything - simply provinding some data to balance the "opin littered playing field".

Quite frankly the fact that some of you seem to think all "we" know and love is the Corvette is so fucking irritating and insulting it is beyond belief.

Some of us just happen to not see a reason to suck on Ferraris **** every chance the name comes up - like some other folks....

it doesn't mean we don't like or enjoy F-Cars, P-Cars or even Lamboats... some of us do see, enjoy and hang out around all sorts of exotics.. its just that everytime someone mentions the Corvette YOU people get all bent out of shape for some reason.

Maybe "we" should start bad mouthing Ferrari supporters everytime they "worship" the Prancing Horse ...

Unbelievable that "the Corvette" thing was brought up in a civil and balanced manner by the "Vette Crowd" - it was "the rest" that tainted the thread.

:roll:

Anyway, the fact remains that the BM team have a reputation for always having the Japanese cars pull unbelievable 'wins" out of the bag.

I think you misunderstand me RC and nth, I don't defend more Ferraris or other exotics than Corvettes because I know that Corvettes have great qualities, especially the last Z06 ( I also love the Vector W8 ). In fact I try to stay away of the flaming thread even when the McLaren F1 (one of my favorite) is named.

My words were not against you or nth, it's just that, as you said, when the word "Corvette" appear in a thread, people can't help to start saying they are slow in corner/ fast in straight line etc ... and then you come to defend it and so on ... Bis repetitae

Quite frankly the fact that some of you seem to think all "we" know and love is the Corvette is so fucking irritating and insulting it is beyond belief.

Some of us just happen to not see a reason to suck on Ferraris **** every chance the name comes up - like some other folks....

it doesn't mean we don't like or enjoy F-Cars, P-Cars or even Lamboats... some of us do see, enjoy and hang out around all sorts of exotics.. its just that everytime someone mentions the Corvette YOU people get all bent out of shape for some reason.
I hope that this wasn't for me because I never said this sort of thing !!! And I had many examples of your love for other cars recently
Old 08-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

I hope that this wasn't for me because I never said this sort of thing !!! And I had many examples of your love for other cars recently
No it wasn't - I was just trying to soften the blow by including a "larger" audience..
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #37
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Alright I found the video I saw before finally, and it turns out that it wasn't at Tsukuba, it was at Sugo, and the Z-Tune actually won, with a rather unbelievable (literally) final lap pass of 3 cars on the final straight-away...

Here's the video -
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...llardo&pl=true

It's up against an M3 CSL, E60 M5, 997, and a Gallardo in a 3 lap race. The Z-Tune was in dead last even going into the final lap, in 4th place going into the final corner, then somehow manages to blow by the Gallardo, M5, and CSL, and win literally by a fender as they crossed the line.

Propaganda at its finest...
The Z-Tune was the camera car in that race.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

^^ So, in other words, it was a setup?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #39
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
^^ So, in other words, it was a setup?
No, on the contrary the Z-Tune shouldn't have won that race (It did not have to compete), but the driver had different thoughts.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #40
Daggernite
Regular User

I'll be getting the DVD, ill get it ripped for JW if no one else does it first. Naturally I want the S204 to win. But I dont think that will be the out come. Its between the Z06 and Z-tune. Hey thats cool, its the "Z battle". I think the Z06 may grab the win actually if im honest. Just depends if the electronic diff can beat of the RW of the corvette in the corners I think. My beloved subaru wont win thought Iknow that.

Also BMI has kinda been making me think its a scam latley. Anybody see the hot hatch race? the meagan 225 was leading with ease up till the second to last corner untill he made a stupid plan too lose a place so he could draft?!?!?!?!? wtf. Anyway that result in the dc5 winning.

Anyway should be a good episode, even has a focus st in there
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #41
joe2tiger
Regular User

Hey Daggernite, I notice that you are in the UK and I was wondering exactly how you were planning to get that DVD. I'm from the states and the reason I ask is because Ive been trying to find a way to order the Japanese home market vids like that and have them shipped to the US but havnt been able to as of yet............

Any chance you could fill me in on how you get them?? A link would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance.

PS. If the UK gets the Japanese home market vids then I sure as hell wouldnt mind simply ordering them from some UK site if thats what it takes...........
joe2tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #42
dingo
Regular User

I think you misunderstand me RC and nth, I don't defend more Ferraris or other exotics than Corvettes because I know that Corvettes have great qualities, especially the last Z06 ( I also love the Vector W8 ). In fact I try to stay away of the flaming thread even when the McLaren F1 (one of my favorite) is named.

My words were not against you or nth, it's just that, as you said, when the word "Corvette" appear in a thread, people can't help to start saying they are slow in corner/ fast in straight line etc ... and then you come to defend it and so on ... Bis repetitae
Exactly!!

But as expected the point was missed because some people had to get on the offensive so quickly.... :roll:

Nobody can deny what we've stated, you guys will but its a hollow claim.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #43
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by joe2tiger
Hey Daggernite, I notice that you are in the UK and I was wondering exactly how you were planning to get that DVD. I'm from the states and the reason I ask is because Ive been trying to find a way to order the Japanese home market vids like that and have them shipped to the US but havnt been able to as of yet............

Any chance you could fill me in on how you get them?? A link would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance.

PS. If the UK gets the Japanese home market vids then I sure as hell wouldnt mind simply ordering them from some UK site if thats what it takes...........
Theres one english site that sells BMI. But its the subbed version, not the jap version. Is the dvd in question only out in Japan? I was thinking of getting the english one.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #44
nthfinity
Regular User

Exactly!!

But as expected the point was missed because some people had to get on the offensive so quickly....

Nobody can deny what we've stated, you guys will but its a hollow claim.
so what exactly am i supposed to read with BS comments like the one below? the claim isn't hallow.

and what is your point? mine is obvious, and definately not aggressive, rude, or ignorant.

and here we go again, as soon as someone mentions Corvette....unbelievable!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #45
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by gangajas
The Z-Tune was the camera car in that race.
What do you mean 'camera car'? All of the cars had on-board cameras...
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote