Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-13-2004, 11:00 PM   #31
Stikz
Regular User

yup...they're floating decks...I did one two years ago and rebuilt our front steps last year, when I'm done I'll post some pics hehe.
Ours is like that, except doesn't look as nice as yours. WE mounted ours on blocks. Was a little nervous first time my sis went out. Lets just say she's a little hefty and there was no one else willing to go on the deck same time as her. But thankfully it held up.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:18 AM   #32
Vansquish
Regular User

Yeah, we decided to make ours sturdy because there's a fairly good chance that quite a few people will be on them at the same time. The front steps are actually bolted to the house just below the doorway, but the others are all freestanding, just built really close to the walls of the house.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #33
marktak
Regular User

Haha, I see coombsie is a frequent user of KLM business-class. I saw the little Amsterdam houses filled with Bols liquor standing in the window. After such hard work and such a great pool, you'd better open a few.

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:35 AM   #34
marktak
Regular User

Oopss.. excuse me I just mentioned that the poster of that pic is not Coombsie, but Vanquish...sorry.

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:17 PM   #35
Vansquish
Regular User

no worries m8...for future reference, you can actually edit the posts instead of double-posting...there's a little button at the top right corner of each post you make that has an edit function or if you choose, there's also a "delete" one.

As for the houses...I wish it was me hehe...my dad having worked for Ford in the US, Europe, and Asia has used KLM's and Northwest's services pretty extensively...when he retired last September he had accumulated more than 3-and-a-half million frequent flyer miles.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #36
SilviaS15Cwest
Regular User

Wow, that is amazing. After looking at houses today I wish I had the talent to make my own house. Make it the way I want.

My toy - 1991 BMW 525i - Factory installed option limited slip, upgraded BMW rims, leather everything, Falken Ziex tires. - 189 hp, 181 tq
R/T .098
60' 2.618
330 7.311
1/8 [email protected]
1000 14.444
1/4 [email protected] ([email protected] altitude corrected.)
NEEDS TO BE FASTER! Changing a couple things and hoping for low 16's next time.
Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529151/1
SilviaS15Cwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #37
coombsie66
Regular User

Right, update:
I dont know if anyone has seen the news about boscastle, the little village in cornwall that has been completely anhialated by the recent flash floods and terrential rain, well that rain storm continued up from them to over us!!!!! Hence progress has been a slow, sticky and near hypothermic affair!

Made up a little cover for the pump house so the bricklayer could continue:

Pump house walls are now complete:

And amongst other things i routed the two suction pipes from the main drain and skimmers into the pump house, through their stop cocks and T'd them into one, ready to feed into the inlet of the main pump:
Old 08-17-2004, 12:29 PM   #38
Jabba
Regular User

This is impressive stuff indeed....did you get any advice on the plumbing side of things commbsie...or is this part of being in the building business ?
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #39
jon_s
Regular User

Looking good!! 8)
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:35 PM   #40
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
This is impressive stuff indeed....did you get any advice on the plumbing side of things commbsie...or is this part of being in the building business ?
Just following the guides that we recieved with the equipment, and 2 of my friends have similar set-ups at their houses, so i've had a good nosey at theirs 1st!

All the plumbing is pretty easy other than the boiler heat exchanger loop which a plumber shall do, as i cant solder for shit! But cant do any more plumbing till the boiler has been lifted in with a digger and the roof is on. (probably more than a week away) Fuckin rain aint helping one little bit! :x
Old 08-17-2004, 12:50 PM   #41
Jabba
Regular User

Maybe I could post some pictures of my pool house up...as I haven't got a clue on how any of it works...and I was only left a basic map of the plumbing.

We managed to turn a couple of valves off to stop the water coming into the Jacuzzi from the pool...and thus managed to get it emptied and cleaned out before filling it up with fresh water...also managed to get the air spa working on it.

Of course even on a hot day the water was far too cold to be enjoyable in it...I was hoping to get the the plumbing for it re-routed past the pool but through the boiler so I could basically get a heated filtered jaccuzi working as opposed to the whole pool...which is a massive project....and a bit late in the year now.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:54 PM   #42
coombsie66
Regular User

So you dont want to use the pool for the moment? Only the jaccuzi? Feel free to post some pics and i'll have a gander!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #43
Jabba
Regular User

Excellent...yeh just the Jacuzzi....I will collect the plumbing map tonight and scan it in tommorow for you....hopefully we might be able to at least get that useable.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #44
coombsie66
Regular User

Yeah, hopefully if it is currently set up to heat and filter the pool alone, (im guessing the jacuzi is a recent addition!?) then you should be able to just change the suction's and returns from the pool to the jaccuzi.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:05 PM   #45
Jabba
Regular User

Yeh it makes reference to running the "spa" alone...I think they were put in at the same time...I am not sure if it means you can heat the jacuzzi as well alone...but it would be brillent if you could.