Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #31
mindgam3
Regular User

1. Porsche
2. BMW
3. Audi
4. Merc
5. VW

Thats in order of preference going by their philosphy to building/designing cars and the cars that they produce
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #32
vwolf2183
Regular User

Default porsche and vw

Ok, first of all im new to the JW community, big time car enthusiast and top gear/5th gear follower. This is my first post but I plan on becoming a regular.
Anyway, my vote would have to go to vw and porsche. I love VW for driving around with reckless abandon, I guess I'm a bit bias since I have one, a GTI 1.8t. But really, it's great, it comes standard with a lot of features, practical, fast, fun to drive. And its a big plus that I can smoke those tricked out Hondas that that are all over the place here in southern california, and I don't carry a target for the cops.
And well Porsche, what can I say, my next car; being like steve mcqueen or James dean. Plus the car can be driven anywhere, honestly in real life the streets are not smooth like a racetrack and the 911 carrera is the ideal car.
After that BMW>Audi (but not by much)
Audi>Mercedes(Mercs are good for show with the shiny rims but the Audis have more go, the Audi RS6 in a tunnel sounds incredible) :shock:
vwolf2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #33
gottacatchup
Regular User

See Picture Below
Old 01-04-2005, 09:59 AM   #34
jakaracman
Regular User

BMW
Porsche
then nothing for a looooong time

Audi
MB
VW
Old 01-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #35
bmwdakias
Regular User

Originally Posted by jakaracman
BMW
Porsche
then nothing for a looooong time

Audi
MB
VW
I dont think you can compare a VW with a Porsche,there are actually some people in the forum who would choose a VW over a porsche,i dont want to critisice but i cant help it and i will say that it sounds funny to me.Ok some people might be a bit biased because they own a car of a particular brand but VW over BMW or Porsche or MB,i just can't get it.
I like BMWs but i would choose a porsche if i wanted a real sports car.
My ranking:
BMW
Porsche
Mercedes-Benz
Audi
VW
I prefer BMW because they manage to give you a feeling of sportiness and luxury that no other brand can match.Also who can resist these M models that carry one of the most technically advanced engines in the world.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #36
bmwdakias
Regular User

Oops sorry for quoting the last message, mistake
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:34 AM   #37
ikon2003
Regular User

aight, just in a slightly pedantic mood, so taking it literally, which BRAND would i buy? (and since it's a hypothetical q, i'm imagining i have the billions of dollars to do so)

well, there's porsche, bmw, merc (and chrysler) and vw=audi anyway.

i'd take vw/audi. cuz they got lamborghini, bentley, bugatti under their belts. from a profit standpoint, porsche does very well historically. bimmer is hitting some road bumps, and merc is falling towards the gutters.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #38
Fleischmann
Regular User

I'd easily go for the Porsche as it's a drivers car, has the best handling cars out of the lot. As for BMW's I like the M3 and M3CSL but I'm getting slightly bored of the other models, they can be found almost everywhere, even here in Poland. AS for Mecs...bad build quality. VW makes cars which belong to lower classes then it's rivals. But they had a good shot at making a limo with the Phaeton, I still claim it has the best interior out of all the cars on the road today. Audi- S models rock!!

Porsche
Bimmer
Audi
------
------
------
VW
Mercs
Old 01-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #39
GTO
Regular User

Audi I'd have to say, I wouldn't want to drive anything other than AWD, yeah may not be as quick as a Porsche but its a lot easier to live with plus Porsche don't have estates!

Porsche will stab me in the back on twisties (wet, leaves, bumps and steep gradients), though the only thing that I couldn't get away from on a dry twisty track was a Porsche! Also I would dread driving it in the rain. Merc and BMW I repect but I'm not a luxury type of guy. VW my sister drives a VW
Old 01-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #40
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

bmw, cus i have one.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #41
DeMoN
Regular User

For speed Porsche, but they look so much alike one to another that my vote goes

BMW. Not ridiculously expensive... great luxury, nice engines, very respectable company... not to mention BMW is the hear of the best car in the world (McLaren F1)
Old 01-25-2005, 05:29 AM   #42
stmoritzer
Regular User

the post ask to choose out of these 5, so

1. Porsche (way ahead) don't need add a reason
2. Audi because of the AWD cars like RS4 or RS6 Avant
3. Mercedes
4. VW
5. BMW don't like them

but there are other cars like the Maybach, which would be way ahead of the Merc or BMW.

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #43
lev_p
Regular User

If I would go for existing models, then Audi would be my pick. BMW lost their character in the 90's. They don't make them like they used to be... Merc - well, I like their coupes and cabrios, so for that kind of car I would pick a Merc (hate TT!).
So Audi gets most points for their S and RS series. A wolf in a sheep skin And with RS2 you would get a Porsche with Audi styling
VW - once again, they were best in 70s with GTI Mk1 and Scirocco. Although, in my dream garage, I would like to have a Corrado G60....

Spirit In The Dark
lev_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #44
dropot2
Regular User

My choice would be the BMW...and I would choose it because the M3 is a BMW, isn't it?
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #45
SilenCe
Regular User

I think BMW makes the best cars in Germany and Austria !!

schhhhhhhhh, it looks HOT!
SilenCe is offline   Reply With Quote