Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #31
tbtstt
Regular User

Nice collection, I like the PS90. I've used the Mauri Airsoft version (stop laughing - its the only comparison I can make) and its such an oddly comfortable gun to use. I'm useless with my left hand and yet I managed to shoulder it on both sides with equal comfort, the version I used also had a reflex sight in the handle (is that standard?); incredible - or at least very clever - bit of design there. Given the strict gun laws here in the UK though thats as close as I'm going to get to firing a real one I think!

The long barrel on the PS90 is just for the civilian issued firearms, isn't it?
tbtstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #32
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The long barrel on the PS90 is just for the civilian issued firearms, isn't it?
Exactly,. I could get the P-90 barrel but it would require me to get a special license from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms. Cost about $200 and then they would have to engrave the license # onto the receiver. Besides, with the longer barrel, you get better ballistic performance out of the bullet that's being fired, ie: greater bullet velocity.
The Tokyo Mauri airsoft replica is the top of the line of the P-90 guns. Matter of fact, when the cast and crew of the Stargate TV shows have a scene when they just carry around the weapon and not fire it, they use the same gun that you have. When there is a live firing scene involved, they switch to the real P-90's.
The standard P-90's and PS-90's have that standard tactical sight. Early models like the one that I have use the white reticule, the later model, called the USSS (U.S. Secret Service) sight has the black reticule. Most people prefer the black sight because it does not wash out when you have the sight pointed at a very bright background.
There are also other models of the guns that do not have the sight. Called the Tri-Rail, it has a picatinney rail on top so you can mount whatever optic you want.

I am having problems adding more pictures. Will try again later
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-12-2008 at 01:25 PM.
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #33
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
For what??
Because it is legal for citizens of the United States of America to protect themselves. Because most states here have "Castle Doctine" laws which prevent the bad guys from suing after they get shot attempting to rob homes.

Because we, the people are not subjects.

Because Americans refuse to pay 213.17% tax on gasoline like you Brits.

(You may want to avoid visiting Wyoming. I like to open carry during tourist season just for the the benefit of English and California tourists. Nothing like carrying a loaded AR15 down Main Street!)

Last edited by F250; 09-12-2008 at 02:12 PM.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #34
FoxFour
Regular User

Here is the gun broken down, takes about 30 seconds to field strip.

Trigger pack as it's released from the rear buttstock.

Trigger Pack. No oiling necessary, just wipe down with a damp cloth.

Breech assembly. Just a drop of oil in key places and it's good to go.

Picture of the bare stock, now just a polymer plastic 'toy'

Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-12-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #35
F250
Regular User

Why don't lose that Hitler quote and the use of "kompressor" in your signature? It makes you look like a South Carolina neo-Nazi skinhead.

I hate South Carolina neo-Nazi skinheads. So did my mother. She was a Catholic holocaust survivor of Auschwitz.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post
Why don't lose that Hitler quote and the use of "kompressor" in your signature? It makes you look like a South Carolina neo-Nazi skinhead.

I hate South Carolina neo-Nazi skinheads. So did my mother. She was a Catholic holocaust survivor of Auschwitz.
Did you ever consider the quote might not be to glamourize hitler but to remind people that the current tactics employed by the wests current radical enemies are just the same as those used by hitler in the build up to WWII???
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #37
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post

I will delete the quote out of respect. But I will keep the Kompressor in my signature.
I found it rather odd that Hitler had that kind of view for that is what kind of war we are fighting today. And you do not know me and could care less what other people on this forum think about me, generally. If that is what you think, so be it. Do a search on my past posts, then you will get to know me better.
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Did you ever consider the quote might not be to glamourize hitler but to remind people that the current tactics employed by the wests current radical enemies are just the same as those used by hitler in the build up to WWII???
Thank you RC.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-12-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour View Post

Thank you RC.
You're welcome - sadly only those of use wih a reality based world view get it. The western worlds current radical ememies have true evil at its core.

I just wish more people would see it.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #39
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
At best, the quote was in extremely poor taste.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #40
F250
Regular User

Oops.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #41
FoxFour
Regular User

No it wasn't. For to know the enemies of today is to understand the thinking of the enemies of the past. Ask anyone who has attended War College.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Adolf Hitler was "man of the year" and Time even said they considered making him "man of the century" Where was the backlash for the former?

Move along, and back on topic.

Do you have any long range guns Fox?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #43
FoxFour
Regular User

No, not at this time. In a few days I'm getting that FS2000. That was expensive. No more guns for a while. Next year I will probably get a nice, inexpensive bolt action rifle.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #44
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour View Post
No, not at this time. In a few days I'm getting that FS2000. That was expensive. No more guns for a while. Next year I will probably get a nice, inexpensive bolt action rifle.
I don't have one myself either, however a friend has a beautiful 308 carbine bolt action that we took to the range and were still hitting the target at 1000 yards... gradually working up from 300 yards.

That thing hurt more then a 12 guage to shoot. Awesome gun.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #45
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
It's in the constitution.

The Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
That is what i love about the states
at least he can defend himself from evil you can't here in europe.
Don't let them take your weapons.

Last edited by pagani; 09-13-2008 at 06:01 AM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote