Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #31
yg60m
Regular User

It was 1 month ago, an interview in a french magazine. Thomas Bscher himself said it and I suppose he knows what he talks about.
In fact I read about this limit too (in Autocar or another mag. ) but it was never confirmed by Bugatti and their official claims are always the same, even on the Bugatti stand at Paris and by the chairman, so ...
Old 11-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #32
dons5
Regular User

the rev limiter was raised 300 rpm to attain that top speed
Old 11-06-2004, 11:14 PM   #33
jamberl
Regular User

Maybe I missed it, but did that article say anything about price?

I was beginning to think this vehicle would never see the light of day.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #34
racer_f50
Regular User

sure hope its not a total failure once its produced, the Bugatti name needs a good revival after the EB110.
i also can't wait for 5th Gear and Top Gear to get their hands on one, the look on Jeremy's face would have to be even more scared than when he drove the Enzo
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #35
DUNKiNUTS

McLaren F1 will rule forever 0X the only car that could come close it the CCR
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:03 AM   #36
tigerx
Regular User

^screw them both^ where's my CGT.

top speed= useless shit.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #37
DUNKiNUTS

Originally Posted by tigerx
^screw them both^ where's my CGT.

top speed= useless shit.
Shit nothing can handle those cars, look at the times. 1/4 mile is useless, its what they can pull coming down the home stretch that really matters. To quote the world's worst movie EVER, winnings winning.
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:45 AM   #38
666fast
Regular User

I'm kind of split when it comes to the Veyron. I like it because it's obscenely powerfull and it also looks pretty good. Especially in that dark blue/ black combo.
I also think it's a bit of an abomination. LOL There was no reason to restore the Bugatti name. Only Ettore Bugatti himself knew how to build a proper Bugatti automobile.
The revival and release of the EB110 was a failure. I won't be surprised if this heads in the same direction. Also, for VW to be doing this is pretty dumb. They have made so many mistakes with their current lineup, they are losing money hand over fist. Pheaton??? WHY DID YOU BUILD THAT? Incentives on new Golfs and whatnot just to get people to even be interested. They were better off reshaping their brand and image than spending millions on the R&D of the Veyron.
I wish them the best of luck, but I do believe it'll be a failure. As cool as it is, it's a monumental waste of time for VW. They have other things they need to worry about.

As for it's performace, we'll see! LOL Just because the McLaren couldn't do what VW is claiming the Veyron can do, doesn't mean it can't happen. I agree that the claims are a bit out there, especially the 0-200MPH in 14 seconds bit. I won't believe that untill I see it.
Top Speeds are not very important. It's cool to say that "My car does 240MPH though) I think the Veyron will beat the McLaren in top speed. At least I hope so. Too bad Ferrari let politics get in the way with the Enzo. It was designed to break the 250mph barrier. It wouldn't have been the first to do so though. Dauer 962, Sledgehammer Vette to name a few.

So, in short. Veyron = good looking, powerfull, waste of time and resources
Old 11-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #39
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by dons5
welladamk24 i wouldnt say its bested by the MacF1 cause the Mac f1 that hit 240.1 or whatever it was had its redline raised by 300 rpm
The Veyron is not even out yet and you are already arguing that the F1 is or isn't faster? Why?

And it wasn't 300rpm, it was raised by 1000rpm!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:29 AM   #40
adamk24
Regular User

The Veyron is not even out yet and you are already arguing that the F1 is or isn't faster? Why?

And it wasn't 300rpm, it was raised by 1000rpm!
Im just going off the information that I have. I mean I have heard from multiple places that the veyron would in fact be limited. If this was all made up, which I find hard to believe, then I wonder why so many people jumped at saying it. (car and driver, road and track, tiff from 5th gear).
Also I dont know what you guys are talking about refering to the top speed test of the F1, but it was an unmodified Mclaren, per the OEM top speed rules that clocked that speed. Raising the rev. limit would make it no longer factory spec. So I dont see why they would do that.
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:10 AM   #41
yg60m
Regular User

They would do that to reach 240 dude
And the car used for the record had a GTR engine without limiter
Old 11-07-2004, 04:53 AM   #42
bmwmpower
Regular User

[quote=So, in short. Veyron = good looking, powerfull, waste of time and resources[/quote]

yes,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:28 PM   #43
dons5
Regular User

yg60m did u say the MAc F1 that hit 240 add no rev limiter?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #44
chest3r
Regular User

After so much discussion about the problems in the development of the Veyron, finally we have a car.....or not !! I can only believe when I'll see the TG test

This car is like a monster IMO. 4 turbos ? :roll: A W16 engine in it ?? :roll: The Enzo doesn't need nothing that to be the best supercar is the world 8)

And with so much problems in the development, I wouldn't trust in the car very much.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #45
dons5
Regular User

wow i knew a tottally normal Mac F1 didnt hit 240, but i think the reg ones does it 231