Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #31
tigerx
Regular User

well the cc8s did break the f1 record for being the most powerful production car. i saw it in the 2004 guiness book.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #32
rachaderua

don´t know if this is official, guess it´s not, but the koeniggseg has potential to get there for sure...it´s as fast as a mac F1, so i am sure it can hit the 390kmh

"My paradise is not a warm beach, but an empty racetrack."
rachaderua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #33
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

i have the murcielago rgt in my avi, becoss is a very nice car and this picture is amazing but the better, is the mclaren, see my nick 8)
Old 09-27-2004, 06:36 PM   #34
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
screw the f1, i'll take a dauer plz, DVD player, 5.1 Dolby and 0-60 in 2.6 and over 200mph on a lemans winning car.
screw the Dauer plz, DVD player, 5.1 Dolby and 0-60 in 3.2[ON STREET TIRES NOT SLICKS] and over 200 mph on a Le Mans winning car

Seriously though you cant compare a allout race car vs a streetcar....The fact that you can mention the F1 in the same sentence as the great all conquering Dauer is testimony of how great the Mclaren F1 still is...

BTW just a thought....The Mclaren hit 241mph in the confines of the Nardo track, banking and all....If the CCR beat that mph on the Salt Flats or anywhere else its not the same thing is it. Ive heard that the banking robs some speed. Can the CCR beat 241mph in the same confines of Nardo? Just thinking out loud...
Old 09-27-2004, 07:08 PM   #35
tigerx
Regular User

the dauer 962 is a street car dude.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #36
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Yo dooood...its a converted racecar to streetcar...Mclaren is a streetcar converted to racecar..

A little ejumacation for you dooood

http://autozine.kyul.net/strange_car/strange_20.htm
Old 09-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #37
JoeHahn
Regular User

tigerx was right, the Dauer can hit 100 kph in 2.6 seconds on street tyres. They are the only homologated tyre for 400 kph+ and manufactured by Michelin. The car can hit 200 kph in 7.2, about 2 seconds faster than a Mclaren and yes it is street legal. The Mclaren hit its record on the Ehra-Lessien track, not Nardo. If you know about Ehra-Lessien you know that the Mclaren wasnt restricted by lack of run way it was restricted by the actual car (wind, power etc). The Mclaren as great as it is, isnt great in comparison to this car. Mentioning them in the same sentence is legitimate as they are both production cars, the Dauer being produced older and still faster than the Mclaren.

By the way, Dauer is still producing the 962 and a total of 13 have been made, rumours are that he wants to obtain a sub 7.20 on the Nurburgring mid next year.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:06 PM   #38
skituner
Regular User

wow the Daure sounds sick
thanks for the info
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #39
Toronto
Regular User

i don't think dauer meets the standers to compete as a production car.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:57 AM   #40
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
tigerx was right, the Dauer can hit 100 kph in 2.6 seconds on street tyres. They are the only homologated tyre for 400 kph+ and manufactured by Michelin. The car can hit 200 kph in 7.2, about 2 seconds faster than a Mclaren and yes it is street legal. The Mclaren hit its record on the Ehra-Lessien track, not Nardo. If you know about Ehra-Lessien you know that the Mclaren wasnt restricted by lack of run way it was restricted by the actual car (wind, power etc). The Mclaren as great as it is, isnt great in comparison to this car. Mentioning them in the same sentence is legitimate as they are both production cars, the Dauer being produced older and still faster than the Mclaren.

By the way, Dauer is still producing the 962 and a total of 13 have been made, rumours are that he wants to obtain a sub 7.20 on the Nurburgring mid next year.
Believe me you dont need to tell me about the Dauer...I know its the most deadly "streetlegal" racecar ever made....But its not in the same catagory as a production based streetcar. In terms of performance the only real streetcar that can be mentioned with it is the F1 LM...The one in my signature will give the Dauer a run for the money...The standard F1 has no chance against the Dauer but the LM with downforce equal to the Dauer and even more power than the F1 would give the Dauer its only real challange on a track...I believe that the LM hit 0-200 in the 7 sec range just like the Dauer if memory serves correctly. Ill do a search to confirm this...Top end still would belong to the Dauer though Im sure...

Would love to see a timed lap race between the Dauer and the F1 LM...The two badest, most extreme streetlegal cars ever made...
Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 AM   #41
aks
Regular User

how much would a Dauer be these days?

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:19 AM   #42
Buba81
Regular User

Originally Posted by v0od0o
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
and most high speed runs at nardo are only made at night, because of the winds or soemthing i believe.
It's due to the lower temperature, cool air have higher density than hot one and so the amount of air entering the combustion chamber have more oxygen in it if the air is cold, this leads to better combustion of fuel and better performance of the car. 8)
Thats just like a tracktest in summer and in fall... The same car will be faster when its colder...

I really could see this on a BMW 1100 on a very hot day... Not much action left...

Buba
Buba81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:15 PM   #43
ikon2003
Regular User

"The Koenigsegg CC secured its place in the history books with a top speed of 242 miles per hour which was captured on film" (Zero, Great Britain). This quote is from the Koenigsegg homepage.

I have not been able to find any other souce verifying this quote, nor have I found any film footage, and the mysterious "Zero" publication eludes me as well. I'm quite skeptical of this claim, though I believe the CCR should be able to top 242mph when/if it's tested (assuming the 806 bhp, weight, and CD claims are true).

Some facts about the Mclaren F1 and its record breaking run:
It was actually a rather modified F1 car in order to break this record (which brings the term "production" into question), and a stock Mclaren F1 straight from the factory can only hit 218mph or so (depending on setup).
The one that broke the record had:
1. The GTR engine with 691 bhp, significantly more than the stock.
2. A deregulated rev-limiter
3. A prototype XP-5 aerodynamic package which never appeared on any of the sold models.

That's very different from the "typical" Mclaren F1, which many people (wrongly) envision set the top speed record.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #44
pimrusis
Regular User

Originally Posted by v0od0o
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
and most high speed runs at nardo are only made at night, because of the winds or soemthing i believe.
It's due to the lower temperature, cool air have higher density than hot one and so the amount of air entering the combustion chamber have more oxygen in it if the air is cold, this leads to better combustion of fuel and better performance of the car. 8)
Doesn't tire temp have something to do with that? Or did I imagine that?
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:45 PM   #45
ikon2003
Regular User

^Tire temp too, yes, to some degree.... too hot a temperature causes blistering, peeling, crashing etc, but many compounds can be made to circumvent that problem... i think it's prolly mostly the denser air > combustion.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote