Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #31
godspeed06
Regular User

yea, i didn't think you could be that far off base, i was just messing around with ya little. i still disagree a bit though. i think when it comes down to it classes should be defined as what cars a prospective buyer should look at compared to the one he is looking at (i hope you can follow that because i know it doesnt sound clear). which usually does depend on function and price. for instance, you can take the VX220 turbo and run a comparo against other more expensive cars that might have the same function, but even if it can compete with them i still dont think it should be in the same class because someone looking at a ferrari is not going to be also considering buying a VX220. i know that there are no definite lines and that there are many grey areas looking at it that way, but most of the time you can make a pretty good assumption of whether or not one car should be in another's class. so i would say the vette is the best of its class because of price, function, and other cars one might consider if considering the vette. plus, the vette can compete against cars that are in a higher class, which i guess is what most of this thread has been about.

or maybe we just have completely different opinions and that is still ok.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #32
TT
Regular User

Well, yes I think we just have different opinions, as everybody does and that's why our world is so interesting and of course I perfectly understand your points too... and the discussion is so complicated LOL.. because it all depends by so many factors and IMO it's really difficult to talk about classes (price, value for money, functionality and so on..) or general discussion like this one, american vs european is way to wide
Old 01-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #33
corvette97
Regular User

i really dont' care, both exotic and muscle are great cars, but a kinfd of ppl like the exotics like me, and other kind of ppl like the muscle like me too, but i think that i dont need too much power cuz' i dont wanna die on a car accident, although i drive from 90 to 120 km/h, i think that now a days it's dificult to really test a car on the streets, so i would need a test track to compare the handling and power of these two worlds, so i think that any sportscar it would be ok, all ppl talk like if they drive like if they are on a test track or if they are driving on le mans, in those tracks the handling is a biig factor, and there is where the corvette is a s***t, but anyway i think that it would be nice to own any of those
Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
SFDMALEX, read this

this are some moded americans that would trow the shit out of your dream cars!

CORVETTE LINGENFELTER twin turbo:
UP TO 800 HP
0-60: 1.97sec
1/4 mile: 8.95sec

VIPER VENOM 800:
800HP
0-60: 2.4 sec
1/4 mile: 8.97sec

and the list goes on and on with the VIPER VENOM 1000!! 1000hp, FASTEST CAR ON A 1/4 MILE, MALLET, AND a big list

and if you are gonna mention MODED cars, just don't put you exotics on this list cuz' even a skyline with 1000hp would kill a axotic, a supra can do that, so don't talk shits cuz' exotics dont go well on the moded division!

but thanx for your opinion it's really cool
Are you sure about exotics not doing well in the modded division?

Koenig F50
850BHP
performance:
0-100 km/h 3,0 sec.
0-200 km/h 8,4 sec.
standing 1/4 mile 8,0 sec.
top speed 380 km/h

I want to see how well you can drive that Venom 1000 on a track. I would really love to see that.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
SFDMALEX, can you buy a ferrari 360or a porsche 911 turbo or at least a gallardo???
well i tried to put mi point this way if you can buy a ferrari/porsche/lambo its obious that you have a lot of money and you'll get a awesome power and handling, but if yoiu can't buy a ferrari/porsche/lambo its obious that you don't have a large amount of money, but maybe you CAN buy corvette
Exotic for rich, and american iron for poor?
yeah that's true cuz' if you cant buy a exotic maybe you can buy a corvette, buy anyway i know that if you buy a corvette you are not gonna get a large amount of handling but a great deal of power, and if you buy exotic you are gonna get both+luxury, but lets say that you are not gonna be driving around a town like i f you are on a track (only if you a a stupid idiot), and if you are driving on a highway you don't need to much handling, so a corvette would be a great car, and if you going on a road that as many curves a axotic would be ok, so fo mi CORVETTE would be nice! (i dont talk too goof of things that i can't buy i'll stick to my american iron for poors as you said(for now)
Are we talking about value or perfomance? Which one?
Old 01-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #36
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
edit. left this out. => american magazines suck ass. their drivers blow because they are usually just the editors. most of the time the tracks are in shitty condition or there is something wrong with the cars and they neglect to mention it or print it in fine print on some arbitrary page. they usually don't drive the cars to the limit. i'm not saying the cars in the article aren't better than the vette and i'm not saying that they are worse than the vette. i'm saying you shouldn't trust american magazines for comparos and times.
Why did I know that you are going to say that? So every test Road&Track did the Vette they used was broken, and the driver was bad everytime? Not just this test the z06 placed low, many other also.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:58 PM   #37
godspeed06
Regular User

Well, yes I think we just have different opinions, as everybody does and that's why our world is so interesting and of course I perfectly understand your points too... and the discussion is so complicated LOL.. because it all depends by so many factors and IMO it's really difficult to talk about classes (price, value for money, functionality and so on..) or general discussion like this one, american vs european is way to wide
true dat. see not every discussion has to end in bloodshed on the internet. its all good.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #38
SFDMALEX
Regular User

the Z06 is an excellent handling car on twisty tracks, winding roads, whatever. you guys really have too narrow of a mindset about this car. i thought if you read the GT3 thread you would have realized how well the vette handles. its not just a straight line car. in fact its not a straight line car at all. its made to be taken onto the track, and not just one's with long straights :roll:
And thats why it never gets first place in any magazine tests? Because it's such a great handling car?
Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM   #39
godspeed06
Regular User

damn dude, could you be any more vague, and have you read every article comparing Z06's? are you really ignorant enough to say the vette can't handle? you are past even talking about cars, now you are just looking like a dumbass by attacking me every time and trying to make it personal or something. you offered no opinions or information in your last post just dumb sarcasm. give it up. this is my last post on this thread so you can keep talking to yourself if you want.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM   #40
blah
Regular User

Ill be taking my 575 Maranello in Black please.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #41
snacky
Regular User

cars=status symbols

Z06 status symbol says,"I'm into American technology such as Boeing 747s, Starbucks Coffee shops, Atomic Clock radio signals, etc." and they all work as well as possible and plebians can still afford em.

Ferrari status symbol says, "I'm into expensive euro hi performance jewlery, such as the Concorde, $5000 home coffee blenders, and Rolex watches." They also work very well, but they're purposefully upscale and patrician.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:20 AM   #42
Ivanhoe
Regular User

godspeed, i know sfdmalex might have been a tad bit to the point but saying hes getting personal and bringing all this shit back into the forum will cause another flame war. LETS TALK CARS PPL.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:51 AM   #43
corvette97
Regular User

godspeed, i know sfdmalex might have been a tad bit to the point but saying hes getting personal and bringing all this shit back into the forum will cause another flame war. LETS TALK CARS PPL.
LOL. yeah common SFDMALEX, if you like you exotic cars, its ok, nobody sais that you have to quit you likes to turn into muscle, i am totaly impresed about the amount of info that you know!!! that's so kool, , but anyway just to add a lil coment,
I want to see how well you can drive that Venom 1000 on a track. I would reallylove to see that.
i dont belive that a car is all about going on a track, or on a stright line, so for you to consider a car "exelent" you have to atke many factors, but
AT lest for me the 0-60 time its the most important thing on a car but thats ME, i really dont care top speed although it's impressive how fast cars can be, i think this cuz' this official top speeds are made under totally perfect conditions, definitely you are not gonna get 380km/m from a modded maranello all the time, but for ME its all american with a lil bit of exotic, I understand that for YOU the exotic is the best way to go, so lets keep it kool yeah?
Old 01-03-2004, 07:29 AM   #44
phattboy
Regular User

its to hard to choose, both are awesome in there own way
phattboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #45
SFDMALEX
Regular User

damn dude, could you be any more vague, and have you read every article comparing Z06's? are you really ignorant enough to say the vette can't handle? you are past even talking about cars, now you are just looking like a dumbass by attacking me every time and trying to make it personal or something. you offered no opinions or information in your last post just dumb sarcasm. give it up. this is my last post on this thread so you can keep talking to yourself if you want.
Did I ever say that the Vette cant handel? It can outhandel many cars but you came in saying that it can rape ferraris, porsches and so on...and what I am trying to prove is that you are wrong. Because you are.

I read plenty of magazines, and saw a lot of videos to confirm this. Even in some best motoring track battle the Vette came last(now you dont have to beleave best motoring because the people in there still cant drive).

The Vette will not out handel a 360 or a GT3. Just watch Rolex Sports car series were the 360GT of Ferrari of Washngton of the GT class keeps up and passes on occasion cars(Vettes) of the GTS class. NOw this is not a good example because this is motorsports, but this is just to give you a general idea.

See it how you wish, but facts are facts. The Z06 is a great car which I would defenetly have in my collection if I had some extra cash, but it isnt great enough to beat 360's, or recent 911s, or any of the recent great GT cars, for the exception of some Aston Martins.

BTW There is nothing personal in here. This is an argument and people are trying to prove their points, I'm not here to make enemies.