Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-11-2004, 06:57 AM   #31
mindgam3
Regular User

The GT is supposed to compete with the gallardo, 360, 911, F430 etc. It may have the top speed edge on all these cars but has yet to be proven on handling etc, this is where i feel it may be let down compared to the competition, we'll just have to see....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:28 AM   #32
gottacatchup
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
The GT is supposed to compete with the gallardo, 360, 911, F430 etc. It may have the top speed edge on all these cars but has yet to be proven on handling etc, this is where i feel it may be let down compared to the competition, we'll just have to see....
In a recent Car and Driver comparison the GT beat both the 911 GT3 and the 360 CS, proving it has power and handling in spades.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
Old 07-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #33
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
crossfire
300m.

Anyway.. They make that new fugly 300m down the road from here. If thats the direction chrysler wants to go then they need to do some rethinking. That thing is so ugly. What normal person is going to buy a car that looks like a cheese wedge?
First of all it's the Chrysler 300C not M and I think the new 300C and Magnum are sweet looking rides they have the hotrod look going for them with the chop top look and big wheels with power to boot.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:40 PM   #34
graywolf624
Regular User

EVO's are blowing up because the young rich kids who buy them
Actually no, I contest the evo is an unreliable piece of garbage. You might be right on the srt-4.
I know several evo owners and professional drivers blowing those engines.

They also dont have a classic racer to resurrect, other than the GTO.
saab rally cars?
They still have the corvette and cadilacs so that rules them out.
GMs race cars have been traditionally done by dealers or other individuals though.

First of all it's the Chrysler 300C not M and I think the new 300C and Magnum are sweet looking rides they have the hotrod look going for them with the chop top look and big wheels with power to boot.
Very few people agree with you, including myself. I should know, as I said they make the piece of crap 3 miles from my house. I've never met anyone here that thinks it looks good.
The big wheels arent a performance option, only very few people like the chopped roof, and it has a front clip only a mother could love.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #35
PaulGT2164
Regular User

"Well most of the SRT-4's and EVO's are blowing up because the young rich kids who buy them beat the shit out of them the instant they leave the dealership and don't know how to drive anyway."

i agree, i have several friends/customers who drive srt-4s , and we havent had a hiccup outta them, and they see regular track abuse

"Actually no, I contest the evo is an unreliable piece of garbage"

thats cause the american market is new to the EVO we havent had the tuning and aftermarket support other countries have had since it was created, as american tuners/racers get used to tuning and modding the EVO their reliability will increase, the EVO is an awesome car, we just dont know what to do with it yet, this is proved by the japanese tuner who are getting reliability outta high hp modded EVOs

"I think the new 300C and Magnum are sweet looking rides they have the hotrod look going for them with the chop top look and big wheels with power to boot. "

i agree here too, but i have a wide taste in cars
Old 07-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #36
graywolf624
Regular User

thats cause the american market is new to the EVO we havent had the tuning and aftermarket support other countries have had since it was created, as american tuners/racers get used to tuning and modding the EVO their reliability will increase, the EVO is an awesome car, we just dont know what to do with it yet, this is proved by the japanese tuner who are getting reliability outta high hp modded EVOs
Evos blowing up left and right: http://corner-carvers.com/forums/sho...ngine+failures
most of the cars in otc having engine/ transmission/ ring problems.
Brake warping issues.
Main bearing:http://www.nsxfiles.com/otc_2004_day1.htm
Transmission problems going into 2nd and 5th at high rpm.
Not to mention evo not honoring warrenty claims if you even autocross a little. :roll:
http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p...news&loc_code=
Old 07-11-2004, 02:06 PM   #37
PaulGT2164
Regular User

"Evos blowing up left and right: http://corner-carvers.com/forums/sho...ngine+failures
most of the cars in otc having engine/ transmission/ ring problems.
Brake warping issues.
Main bearing:http://www.nsxfiles.com/otc_2004_day1.htm
Transmission problems going into 2nd and 5th at high rpm.
Not to mention evo not honoring warrenty claims if you even autocross a little.
http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews &loc_code="

i know i read those sites as well, but look at the other side of the world where the evo has been there for years and years and years...they dont have those problems. the american market hasnt figured out how to properly set up and tune an EVO yet, no big deal, as we learn to, the reliability will increase, its the same as any new car that comes over, there is a learning curve, and for the first few years people are gonna break them, blow them up, and trash them, till we get the experience needed, it was the same thing when people started making high HP civics (the real fast civics, not rice) and the DSMs and the turbo toyotas....the first few years sucked cause they were blowing them up, and trashing trannies, but look now, the american tuners have figured it out, and now we see 600hp daily driven civics (look at the pro-am import drag class) and other imports pushing 600+ hp reliably, the same will happen with the EVO, for the next couple years its gonna suck, but then when the tuners/racers figure them out it will be better, like i said this happens with every new engine/platform that is modified and raced....it takes time

Mitsu isnt the only manufacturer that viods warranty claims for participating in "competitive events"
Old 07-11-2004, 02:13 PM   #38
fabro_s
Regular User

Well im glad now we have a fast american supercar, whats the speed of a saleen S7?

and by the way chevy and chrysler doesnt have a top speed of 202 mph in a car isnt it?

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #39
graywolf624
Regular User

and by the way chevy and chrysler doesnt have a top speed of 202 mph in a car isnt it?
not far off, but not quite. Both have cars in the 180-190 range.

*Really doesnt see the point of top speed, its useless anywhere but an oval.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #40
nthfinity
Regular User

i misquoted the GT's top straight speed... its supposed to be 214mph...

of course, it depends if its a warm, or cool day, and if its a warm day, then low humidity
Old 07-14-2004, 02:29 AM   #41
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

That's amazing...I can't wait to see one!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote