Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #31
phantomfocus
Regular User

Ronin005 makes a valid point about Michael's setup being on Ruben's car. But if you can remember when schumi pulled into the garage his tires were already showing signifigant wear. Ruben's excessive tire wear in Malaysia can also be attributed to the chunk of rubber that got caught in his wing. This resulted in an extreme oversteering car, hence wearing out the rears. I don't know if it is truly as bad as it may seem, only time will tell. Like you said three weeks is a long time in formula one, Bridgestone is reigning world champs for a reason. They will get their shit togeather.
phantomfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #32
phantomfocus
Regular User

A lot of series around the world only use one tire manufacturer, epecially here in the states. I personally think it creates tighter more closely fought racing. It might also eliminate the specializing of tires depending on the team. One company makes one tire, and you have to make it work best. I think I like the idea.
phantomfocus is offline   Reply With Quote