Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 09-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #31
troskap
Regular User

Looks like they got caught in that godawful conundrum of building a modern car, but trying to keep a level of 'tradition' evident in it's build. At least from the photos here, it's not a particularly brilliiant result.

Of course, the photo's lighting isn't particularly flattering, either, being as overly bright as it is. Maybe with proper photography/seeing it live, it'll stop looking like something GM did on a good day?

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:13 AM   #32
neilo63
Regular User

Some of the interiors angles are fucked / looks bad because of the flash and is it just me or is there a different grain timber on the door grabby thing compared to the dash Wood doesnt belong in high end sports cars gimmie metal and leather
neilo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #33
mindgam3
Regular User

just looks like any other new bmw..... lol, i dont know what all the fuss is about, i'm sure most have u have seen a BMW interior before. Most photos of interiors make it look worse than it is and it looks a lot better in real life. And of course theres always different interior trim options......
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:49 AM   #34
philios55
Regular User

I don't like it at all!!It looks cheap and without style!
philios55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:38 AM   #35
CMonakar
Regular User

Strangle Bangle!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #36
svizzero
Regular User

I'm not sure how old these pictures are, but there is a slightly more flattering pic of the interior. It is still kind of cheap looking.

http://www.bmwsport.net/gallery/disp...album=96&pos=1

S.A.B.
svizzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #37
cho_888
Regular User

yes a better photo for sure and i think i like the design, not perfect but nice. and the brown dosnt do the car any favours in the first photos
Old 11-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #38
testdrivem3
Regular User

same as 5 series
testdrivem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #39
bmwdakias
Regular User

Originally Posted by testdrivem3
same as 5 series
i dont thing that the pics give justice to the otherwise great interior of the e 60. It has simple lines and its not clattered by having a lot of buttons like some of its competitors. The i drive is a great thing that just needs a bit of getting used to it,once you ve learned how to use it you really start to appreciate it for both its functionality and the fact that it makes the interior look better by saving it from buttons
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:41 AM   #40
ikon2003
Regular User

wow, that thing doesn't look sporty at all. and those browns - ugly.

and the fact that it's not that sporty looking wouldnt' matter if it were elegant or lux, but it just isnt! too plasticy and plain IMO. bleck
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #41
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by KaBlookie
Originally Posted by blah
Hmmm a 7 speed. I guess i can live with that, thats alot of fucking shift though when you in traffic? will 5/6/7 be Over Drive?
well, I heard that it will be either 7-speed SMG or 6-speed manual...if it was a 7-speed manual tho, you could always go 1-3-5, or 2-4-6, or something like that...my friend with his STI does that quite a bit, so i'm sure it would be more than possible in a car like this.

as for the interior...it seems as though that combination was put together by a really old person...i don't like the wood trim or the color of the leather. I'd go with either grey or black leather with either brushed aluminum or carbon-fiber trim
but it would depend ont he gearing if you could skip a gear. I know the STI has close gearing, but what of this. You dont wanna go from 1-3rd and in 3rd your only have 1500 Revs
Depends I do first to third on downhill hairpins to straights. Non sequential manual is great for cars with lots of torque and makes them much easier to drive. 7 speed! the new viper has 2 overdrive gear doesn't it?

Well flash camera shots of ANY car interior makes it look cheaper than it is. Wood interior blah, that not for a sportscar, colour is bad but as stated above you have a choice. Yeah Aluminium finsh instead of wood, the plastics colour quality looks ok but layout is not of a sportscar IMO.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:49 AM   #42
c_theodoros
Regular User

I can't understand how someone can have such a bad taste, I wonder did the owner went through the F****G brochure before placing that order ?
How can you get it that wrong when you can have something like this ???

Although I would prefer dakar black leather with some titanium/carbon-fibre trim 8)
c_theodoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 AM   #43
Toronto
Regular User

who picked that colour????? gross
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #44
ikon2003
Regular User

^ ^, yeah those pics are nicer. that's a much better interior w/ much better colors. still dunno if it's worth all that money tho.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 AM   #45
tifosi
Regular User

Default Re: E60 M5 interior pics

Originally Posted by schnell318
Pics are not the best quality though

Have higher res if anyone is interested
at this time, no customer's M5 has been build yet. let alone delivering. although the owners of first batch M5 production had already filed in the spec.

so in another word. at this point, all the M5 interior/exterior combo are all chosen by BMW. not dealer, and not owners.

as for this M5.

this is the very first M5 to be shown to public. in fact this isn't even production spec M5. yes, this is actually the M5 concept from Geneva Auto Show of 2004. and since its interior was never intended to be shown to public.... i guess BMW just didn't put too much attention to it.