Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #31
raphaelws

I don't like the color it's too "extravagant"

Powered by DSC-H9
raphaelws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:52 PM   #32
black_magician
Regular User

TWO RB26's WELDED TOGETHER ????!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!! :shock:

i want one
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #33
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by raphaelws
I don't like the color it's too "extravagant"
you kidding me? its like a Penzoil
Old 12-09-2004, 11:01 PM   #34
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
i think this guy needs help from a decent tuning company i mean wtf is the point of another RB 26 in the car to produce umm 1000bhp, you can EASLEY get that with one rb26! so this guy is a bit of a tool

and i feel sorry for whoever has to work on this cars ECU...

anyone know gearbox info, is it a holinger gearbox?
Imagine if he DID tune each RB26... asked JUN to do it or something... he would effectively have 2200 bhp!
Actually I think the key word should be "realiable" I suppose a 1000 hp 2x RB26 is more reliable than a single engine tuned to its extreme
you recall the skyline jeremy clarkson drove with over 1000bhp, on the R33 GTR and commented on how it went for 3 years without breaking down once. rb26's are strong engines!

but im curious why he seeks a "reliable car" when it seems to be a track weapon.. mmm if anyone can provide more information on this car it would be highley apreciated.

This car is above a POS drag racer. With 1000 hp coming from a higher displacement engine, the turbo lag will be significantly less. Let's face it: a 1000 hp 2.8 L. engine will have mad turbo lag. On a race track turbo lag is the last thing you need. More displacement=less turbo lag=a nicer torque/power curve=more balls to push it through the corners.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #35
rachaderua

GOD!!!

it´s my dream skyline!!

In the way i always wanted it to be!!
ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:

"My paradise is not a warm beach, but an empty racetrack."
rachaderua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:32 AM   #36
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

If this engine is two rb26s (inline 6) welded together, wouldn't that make this motor an inline 12 quad turbo? Anyways, this car is crazy!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:34 AM   #37
findleybeast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift
If this engine is two rb26s (inline 6) welded together, wouldn't that make this motor an inline 12 quad turbo? Anyways, this car is crazy!
no, because both engines were welded together side by side and use a common crankshaft, making it a V12. it does look like it has 4 turbos though, which is nuts :shock: .

as a racecar combining two rb26's makes plenty of sense, assuming enough chassis and suspension development is done to compensate for the extra weight. those super tuned skylines with just the inline six not only have huge lag, but their power curve is incredibly peaky, which is very bad for a racecar. the combination of two rb26s will give it not only a big power boost, but a huge torque boost and much more linear power delivery.

I'm a big fan of this one, probably partially because I really liked the TVR Speed 12, which essentially did the same thing with their speed six engine. of course it also has 4 turbos, which is.... awesome. must have taken a lot of money to develop this though, since the crankcase and crankshaft must be totally bespoke. it probably runs off two ecu's as well, one for each bank... again, like the Speed 12.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #38
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
pics rehosted
Thanks TT, been away for a day or so ops:
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:07 PM   #39
gobs3z
Regular User

This car is above a POS drag racer. With 1000 hp coming from a higher displacement engine, the turbo lag will be significantly less. Let's face it: a 1000 hp 2.8 L. engine will have mad turbo lag. On a race track turbo lag is the last thing you need. More displacement=less turbo lag=a nicer torque/power curve=more balls to push it through the corners.
Well there's ways to fix this turbo lag problem on you guys keep pointing out. Those big turbo cars that have a single turbo set-up are screwed but if you have a twin turbo rb-26 you have a simple solution which i've seen on several 1000hp cars and it works amazingly. Instead of having 2 huge turbo's you put one huge turbo with a small turbo that spools up the larger turbo and you lose that HUGE turbo lag, and the hp and tq curves are a lot smoother. And i've never seen a 1000hp skyline race around a track, but that could be because of regulations and tuners use their high hp skylines for drag racing. Unique idea, i like it.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #40
GT-R_R34
Regular User

having a lot of money won't stop you from building something crazy like this, but why built it in the first place if it isn't street legal.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:31 AM   #41
findleybeast
Regular User

why not?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:08 AM   #42
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Well there's ways to fix this turbo lag problem on you guys keep pointing out. Those big turbo cars that have a single turbo set-up are screwed but if you have a twin turbo rb-26 you have a simple solution which i've seen on several 1000hp cars and it works amazingly. Instead of having 2 huge turbo's you put one huge turbo with a small turbo that spools up the larger turbo and you lose that HUGE turbo lag, and the hp and tq curves are a lot smoother. And i've never seen a 1000hp skyline race around a track, but that could be because of regulations and tuners use their high hp skylines for drag racing. Unique idea, i like it.
exacley, what i was about to say, also with an engine like that you can run an "antilag" system on the ECU.

that amoung other things is why the RB 26 is such a good engine, unlike a single turbo 2jgze that when producing big number will produce alot of lag, thats great for thoes 400m on a drag strip, but as a daily driver useless.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:49 AM   #43
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by GT-R_R34
having a lot of money won't stop you from building something crazy like this, but why built it in the first place if it isn't street legal.
Because it is for the track! You can't enjoy a car like that to the full on a public road! Track car is the only way forward IMO.

I just have a lot of respect for the bloke who took the time effort and money to build this car. Who ever it was, is more than a some rich bloke, he is an enthusiast. Only some one who truely appreciates the car can devote so much time to getting the visual aspect so perfect.

As for the engine, damn, I would never have thought about it. Imagine the sound it makes! There is only one place that car belongs and that is on the track.

I take my hat off to him.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #44
gis
Regular User

After reading what you just wrote jon i think i agree,when i wrote my earlier replys about the engine i had it in my head that it was also a road car.......which really as you say woudlnt really be good for the road.but for track.....he may have built sumthin ultimate,id like to see a video of it running on track....see if all the money gone into it has actually paid off

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #45
mrpushrod
Regular User

At the end of the day, it's one man's dream and he's put a lot of work into it. At 1000kg it's still very light, a lot lighter than a standard skyline with just 1 RB26. It is very impressive and I'd certainly like to know more. A video so I can see and hear it would be pretty good as well.......