Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-27-2003, 06:03 PM   #31
1zippo1
Regular User

[quote="SFDMALEX"]
Someone said McLaren F1LM, well thats just not fair. If you want to race a F1LM against a ferrari, the proper opponent would be a modded F40, then we would have a race. Remeber the days of BPR??? McLaren Vs. f40?
[quote]

The LM is not modded it is just a extreme version, like the Pagani has 3 engine versions 555hp-580hp-600hp...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #32
fireguy
Regular User

good to see all the different points of view........i'm would agree with the majority and say Schuey and the Enzo not just because of the car's abilities but also how much tire technology has advanced in the past 10 years since the Macca came out. Enzo's tires combined with the race car-like chassis would render a difinite advantage on a track like the 'ring.

Personally, if i had the money i would buy a McLaren F1; it's a legend and they are actually gaining in value every year: current asking prices are in the range of 1.1 million to 1.5 million euros (!).
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:35 PM   #33
ferrari550
Regular User

every cent on my money if on the schui and the enzo. the only thing that the F1 can do better is the top speed, the ferrari is more of a track car. although i love the F1, the enzo's ability and driver have the advantage.
ferrari550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 12:42 AM   #34
skelter
Regular User

Funny how everyone comments on the Enzo being the best handler, what do you base that on?
skelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:11 AM   #35
AlienDB7
Regular User

The Enzo is better than the mclaren F1 on skidpad and has shorter braking distance.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=7&preview=
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:32 AM   #36
Chingachgook
Regular User

Alan Jones,ex F1 World Champion,tested both cars at Estoril,and the McLaren was slower (2 seconds) then the Ferrari F50!

Andy Wallace, Le Mans winner and McLaren tester said that the McLaren is very fast in straight line,but it's not much stable. For example he says that the Zonda is more stable at high speed, and the Zonda aerodynamics sucks...

For a proferrional driver the McLaren is very very funny (see Tiff Needell) but for normal people is scary
Old 08-28-2003, 03:44 AM   #37
alondahan
Regular User

The Enzo will destroy the macca on every track.

in a straight line they are matched, but in the corners the Enzo simply can't be touched.

It brakes harder, have more grip, downforce and a lot of other stuff to make it unbeatable.
just note that the macca got a lousy 0.88g on the skidpad, where the enzo pulled over 1 g.

I remember watching a few years ago on tv a race between an F50 and a
f1. the f1 was faster in a straight line, but the Ferrari won.

And on the Nurburgring, a track that is over 7km long, and has 177 corners, the mclren won't just be beaten. It will be annihilated.
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:47 AM   #38
alondahan
Regular User

and by the way, Shumi holds the F1 lap record in the ring.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:52 AM   #39
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
I think the Enzo would win because it has incredible handling (it has adjustable air intakes so it can adapt the amount of downforce) and brakes.

But powerwise, the Mclaren is still better as the Enzo. Power to weight it wins. And the Mclaren F1 LM (the race version-roadlegal) would probably crush the Enzo.

By the way, I'm not taking into account the driver skills.

What would be an interesting battle is the Pagani 600hp 750NM Torque 1250kg vs the Enzo 660hp 657NM Torque 1365kg.
I don't think that even the lm (it differs from regular f1 only in aero package) will touch the Enzo, and it sure won't win.

and btw the Pagani is 555hp, 1380 kg curb weight.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:01 AM   #40
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by alondahan
And on the Nurburgring, a track that is over 7km long, and has 177 corners, the mclren won't just be beaten. It will be annihilated.
I thought we were talking about the Nordschleife...
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 04:07 AM   #41
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chingachgook
Alan Jones,ex F1 World Champion,tested both cars at Estoril,and the McLaren was slower (2 seconds) then the Ferrari F50!

Andy Wallace, Le Mans winner and McLaren tester said that the McLaren is very fast in straight line,but it's not much stable. For example he says that the Zonda is more stable at high speed, and the Zonda aerodynamics sucks...

For a proferrional driver the McLaren is very very funny (see Tiff Needell) but for normal people is scary
Thats what I was talking about when I said I saw a race between the F50 and the macca. It just shows that the Enzo will crash the macca (the F50 did).
Old 08-28-2003, 07:58 AM   #42
Chingachgook
Regular User

But thr old Nurburgring IS the Nordschleife!!!

I think...

alondahan, have you got that video?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:06 AM   #43
draak666
Regular User

There are two tracks at the Nurburgring: the new F1 circuit and the old one, which is the Nordschleife (20 km. long). The last one is the most interesting of the two.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:18 AM   #44
Chingachgook
Regular User

Yes I know! But also the old one is called Nurburgring!

Although,it's obvious that the McLaren is slower at the Old Ring. Not only the Enzo is way faster, but also the F50 will beat te Macca.
Considering that maybe the F40 is faster than the F50, now the McLaren is 3°! :shock:
Old 08-28-2003, 02:08 PM   #45
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chingachgook
alondahan, have you got that video?
Sadly I don't

my vcr didn't work when it was on tv.