Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #346
LotusGT1
Regular User

M3: £41k
S4: 37k
Impreza type 25: £34k
Evo 8 MR FQ-340: £33k

All got outperformed by the C6

Although the vette has good build quality, the M3 and S4 are better and have a much better finish.

based on ?

All seat 4, all have more than decent luggage space, all but the M3 have 4 doors. The jap cars probably have the same fnish as the vette, about the same build quality, but them and the M3 are much better track cars than the vette.

How is the M3 a better track car. You're posting nonsense

If you want something in the middle of practicality and stupendous performance you've got all the TVR's as said for around 40K, the 911 for about 70k, the noble for 47k, the elise 111R for £28k, the VXR220 for £30k, the Exige for £30k, all of which you could live to day to day, all of which are better drivers cars and all would be at home on track or pacing it down b roads. [/b]

Your "in the middle of practicality" is hilarious. 911 is another league pricewise, TVR's are STILL unreliable, Exiges and Elise are NOT practical by a long shot...

Like I said before, the Corvette isn't my thing, but you're full of BS.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #347
LotusGT1
Regular User

Fuck, I'm defending a Corvette for cryin' out loud here....WTF ?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #348
mindgam3
Regular User

The M3 and S4 have good performance, yet seeing as tho your so keen on your practicality, they are far more practical than a vette, including the jap cars which would demolish the vette in the wet, plus the jap cars are 10k cheaper

lol, how can you even think that the vette has a better finish than the M3 and S4?? The interior of a vette is poor.

M3's are one of the most common track day cars there is, they're not common track day cars for no reason....

911 is in another price league but is considered a rival by most journalists. TVR's a unreliable maybe, but they sell, something the vette fails to do in the UK and europe even though TVR are a small company based in a warehouse in blackpool and GM are one of the biggest automobile companies on the planet.... And as i said all are better driver's cars; I haven't seen once in any magazine i've read the vette in any drivers cars articles and i've never heard it called a drivers car ever...

This is some fact and some opinion, but at the end of the day ALL of these cars sell more in the UK than the vette and alot of them sell more than the vette in europe....

If the vette really was that great and value for money, you give me a valid reason why it doesen't out sell all of these cars, particuarly the M3, S4, 911 and Elise....

The fact that you think it's BS is your opinion, fair enough have your opinion and i'll accept it, but open your eyes a little whilst you do so
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #349
LotusGT1
Regular User

LOL, did I say the finish is just as good as f.e. a M3 or a S4 ? No moron, the Corvette however is known for its reliability. Based on what can you back up your claim the M3 and S4 have better built quality ???

I give a flying fuck if journalists consider the 911 a rival of the Corvette, the car costs 25 thousand pounds more...LOL, the Corvette C6 outperformed your beloved TVR opn the Top Gear track. If you never heard somebody call a Corvette a drivers car, maybe you should take the big step in your life and go out of your room and actually talk to people or something. Or go read something else than your local magazine...sheesh, your bais is fucking gigantic....

The only reason the Corvette doesn't sell in Europe, is because it suits the european taste less, and american cars in general have a bad reputation, sadly based on 20 years ago though.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #350
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Were did you get the info stating that it out performs an EVO8? Those Japanies 4 bangers give everything on the road a run for their money....

Lastly why is this still going? All we have is one stinking Top Gear review and everybody is turning the place around..................RELAX

Lets wait till some good magazines do some reviews, do some comparsion runs and then we can argue all we want.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #351
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
LOL, did I say the finish is just as good as f.e. a M3 or a S4 ? No moron, the Corvette however is known for its reliability. Based on what can you back up your claim the M3 and S4 have better built quality ???

I give a flying fuck if journalists consider the 911 a rival of the Corvette, the car costs 25 thousand pounds more...LOL, the Corvette C6 outperformed your beloved TVR opn the Top Gear track. If you never heard somebody call a Corvette a drivers car, maybe you should take the big step in your life and go out of your room and actually talk to people or something. Or go read something else than your local magazine...sheesh, your bais is fucking gigantic....

The only reason the Corvette doesn't sell in Europe, is because it suits the european taste less, and american cars in general have a bad reputation, sadly based on 20 years ago though.
BMW and Audi are known for their great build quality, if you think they have worse build quality than the vette than fair enough, my opinion is differnet. I didn't say the vette was unreliable, i said the opposite in earlier posts.

And you just proving your ignorance by going against all journalists by saying the 911 isn't a rival, i value their opinion a lot more than yours.

How is writing my opinion prove im bias. The fact is i've NEVER seen the vette been called a drivers car, or even been compared with others in drivers cars test and i happen to read a wide selection of magazines....

Why are you getting persoanl and pretending you know me by basically saying i don't go out of my room or i don't talk to people? Back off, you don't know me and you can't take an opinion on board
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #352
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You are a real fucking dumbass you know that?

People From now one we can only consider cars rivals if their price tag is not over 2 grand apart in difference!

If that was the case then we should all close down the forum because there would be nothing to talk about.

Were did you get all the information that states that the C6 outperforms everything? The Top Gear video which everybody called biased and bad?

And please dont talk about being baised. I really dont give a shit about this argument but there are just amazingly stupid things being said here.

There is nothing to base this argument on yet. Wait give it some time, wait for some comparison runs till then STFU.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #353
TT
Regular User

And please dont talk about being baised. I really dont give a shit about this argument but there are just amazingly stupid things being said here.
Indeed.. to be biased is more like "to have your own opinion".. hell, everybody things different (luckily) and everybody's opinion is someway biased... even if EVERYBODY taking part in this discussion (read "fight") would testdrive the C6, the discussion would go on anyway because somebody will be in love and somebody will still not be so sure about it...
Old 08-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #354
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

People From now one we can only consider cars rivals if their price tag is not over 2 grand apart in difference!

If that was the case then we should all close down the forum because there would be nothing to talk about.

Were did you get all the information that states that the C6 outperforms everything? The Top Gear video which everybody called biased and bad?

There is nothing to base this argument on yet. Wait give it some time, wait for some comparison runs till then STFU.
Dickhead

* The Porsche is WAY more expensive than the Corvette, you have little grasp of reality if you think that makes them compete in the same class.
I consider 40k vs. 60k a gap that is too big.
* Where do you see I claim the Corvette outperforms everything ?
* Give me ONE point where I say something that isn't true, I challenge you.

You really are an idiot.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #355
SDK2003
Regular User

the 911 for about 70k
The basic Porsche 911 as tested against the C6 in Top Gear is much cheaper than that

C2 : £57k
C4 : £60k
C4S : £64k
GT3 : £72k
GT3 RS : £84k
Turbo : £90k
GT2 £125k

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #356
LotusGT1
Regular User

I reckoned that, corrected it in my last post, price came from mindgame's post.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #357
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

BMW and Audi are known for their great build quality, if you think they have worse build quality than the vette than fair enough, my opinion is differnet. I didn't say the vette was unreliable, i said the opposite in earlier posts.

And you just proving your ignorance by going against all journalists by saying the 911 isn't a rival, i value their opinion a lot more than yours.

How is writing my opinion prove im bias. The fact is i've NEVER seen the vette been called a drivers car, or even been compared with others in drivers cars test and i happen to read a wide selection of magazines....

Why are you getting persoanl and pretending you know me by basically saying i don't go out of my room or i don't talk to people? Back off, you don't know me and you can't take an opinion on board
The M3 had problems with blowing engines, and VAG products aren't exactly bullitproof anymore, Audi had some pretty hefty reliability issues the lst few years.

I'm getting sick and tired of claims you can't back-up.

- Reliability issue - WRONG
- TVR is faster - WRONG
- Corvette is not a drivers car - WRONG
- Exige's and Elises are midway in practicality - WRONG

And the list can go on and on....

If you don't like the Corvette, fine by me. But stop posting false stuff...
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #358
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
The fact that you think it's BS is your opinion, fair enough have your opinion and i'll accept it, but open your eyes a little whilst you do so
The pot calling the kettle black I see.

You really need to get out more.

You will shocked and awed to know how many hundreds of Z06's have been imported at great expense by people in the Middle East, Europe and the UK - simply because it is the greatest all-round drivers car for the money - period.

It goes 180mph (with a couple mods and rear end ratio swap goes 200mph with stupid ease) , 0-60mph in 4s, 1/4 mile in 12s @ 116mph, pulls 1g, is pretty robust and reliable (in relation to other super-performance cars - not econo-boxes) - responds superbly to modification, laps Nurburgring in 7:56 in stock trim - has A/C, CD player and can carry 2 people and MORE LUGGAGE THAN A Ford Mondeo/Contour in GT comfort and luxury for hours on end - gets 25mpg+ on the highway - and is a superb trackday car.

All for about $45,000USD + import taxes/freight.

There is currently no other car on the market in the world, that fulfills these criteria so well.

There are a couple that shine in certain areas - but none in ALL areas at once.

Oh and it's coupe derived LeMan contending siblings won back-to-back victories - and the Z06 is dominating every class of racing it is entered into - so much so that Porsche had to field a new. lighter, faster, more expensive GT2 and GT3 to compete against the Z06 in the all important Amercian Lemans and Speed challenge series.

THAT is the reality - not just opinions.

This car fulfills these criteria to a T - and about 10,000 people a year agree 100% in this - as witnessed by the sales figures.

GM could not make Z06's fast enough to fill local demand and private export demand around the world.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #359
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Dickhead

* The Porsche is WAY more expensive than the Corvette, you have little grasp of reality if you think that makes them compete in the same class.
I consider 40k vs. 60k a gap that is too big.
* Where do you see I claim the Corvette outperforms everything ?
* Give me ONE point where I say something that isn't true, I challenge you.

You really are an idiot.

Yo fucking genious!

20 grand gap is to big?

1) Ok so please stop having any sords of comparisons between Ferraris and Porches, Corvettes and Ferraris and Porches. Fuck stop comparing 60% of the Sports Car market.

2) I feel like Im talking to a fucking two year old...figure out for your self what I meant.

3) Bring me the points that I did not agree with you on, and I can prove you wrong. Go ahead.

Ohh and if Im an idiot your the most retarted creature on this planet.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #360
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
You will shocked and awed to know how many hundreds of Z06's have been imported at great expense by people in the Middle East, Europe and the UK - simply because it is the greatest all-round drivers car for the money - period.
You really think so RC? I dont. I would agree that people go through all that just because they want the car, like I would pay 3times the money for an F50 just because I want one really bad, but I dont think these people who import the cars buy it because of its bang for buck value.

It would be cheaper for them to go out and buy something as practical localy.